Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat > Works-In-Progress

Works-In-Progress Help for any authors or musicians seeking constructive criticism.

Old 12-15-2006

Canada Dylan
 Dylan has much to be proud ofDylan has much to be proud ofDylan has much to be proud ofDylan has much to be proud ofDylan has much to be proud ofDylan has much to be proud ofDylan has much to be proud ofDylan has much to be proud ofDylan has much to be proud ofDylan has much to be proud of
Default Hey, check out my music

www.myspace.com/sacrifycia -------------> band

www.purevolume.com/dylan burnett ------> Solo work, (Keyboard only)

I'm a keyboardist really, started piano when I was 6 and just basically love my music beyond everything and enjoy putting my time heart and soul into playing every day when possible, and I love to create music

Feedback would be greatly appreciated, negative or positive, lemme have it folks.

Dylan has 3,140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Burnett
Nothing feels quite as good as music

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Dylan  

Old 12-15-2006

United Kingdom Grünfeld
I moved your cheese
 Grünfeld is a glorious beacon of lightGrünfeld is a glorious beacon of lightGrünfeld is a glorious beacon of lightGrünfeld is a glorious beacon of lightGrünfeld is a glorious beacon of lightGrünfeld is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Hey, check out my music

Just listened to "last walk." I know MySpace only streams crappy lo-fi mp3 but the mix doesn't seem right on this one -- drums are clear, rhythm guitar is clear, but it's either keyboards or lead guitar (I can't tell) that's getting completely lost in the mix.

The music itself isn't my thing but it sounds tight.

Grün

Grünfeld has 188 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 12-15-2006

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country p3ngu!n
Forum Elder
 p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!

You need at least an improvised studio. The recording is horrible. I hear mostly drums, and not nearly enough of the rest. And as it is, your drums sound like techno song. Dude, three minutes of perfectly timed banging against drums? That fast? I don't believe it. It's too ... monotonic might not be the right word. I can't even begin to appreciate what you're recording if I can't hear it right.

Get it recorded right and post back, cause I'm interested. From what I can tell, it's not all that bad. But it needs plenty of work.

p3ngu!n has 11,118 Posts

Most Sweetest Signature/Avatar Winner 2008

pm.gif   

Old 12-15-2006

Canada Dylan
 Dylan has much to be proud ofDylan has much to be proud ofDylan has much to be proud ofDylan has much to be proud ofDylan has much to be proud ofDylan has much to be proud ofDylan has much to be proud ofDylan has much to be proud ofDylan has much to be proud ofDylan has much to be proud of

Meh, if you dont care for the recordings, at least listen to my solo stuff hehe. I dont deal with drums guitars or recordings its all my guitarist so I dont have much control over it, I really only care about my keyboard parts.

We are planning on making some better recorings soon, we just had a rather lame studio set up before, now we have a recording device thats better.

By the way, listen to chapter 3, slave in every way, on our myspace. It starts with a massive keyboard solo about 1 min into it. Its really awesome.

Dylan has 3,140 Posts

Quote:

Old 12-15-2006

Canada InRage
Thrashing
 InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!

Thrash? Black Metal? Progressive?

OMG the music hasn't even started playing yet.

EDIT:
Chapter III Slave
The keyboards are astounding, sometimes need to get a different sound going for them. The drums are clearly drum machined. I know when I hear them.

Has a Bodomish feeling to it.
Hilarious talking over. Sounds like it would be growled though.
That is some awesome screaming.
I think I like it because It's indie metal. Gotta show this to my friend.
I am going to Montreal to see you perform at some point in time. Or maybe you will go touring before that happens.

Stupid BUFFERING!

Last edited by InRage; 12-15-2006 at 08:27 PM.
InRage has 3,002 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doombringer64
Caution the sarcasm served here is hot. In fact it is heated over geothermic vents, so if you burn yourself you'll probably die, but more importantly it's your own damn fault.
The one formerly known as Inrage

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to InRage  

Old 12-16-2006

Canada Dylan

hahah thanks for the compliments man!

Yup drum machined, sadly. We have a few drummers intrested, gears are in motion but for now the IPOD is our live drummer too.. talk about tr00 black metal hahah.

If you come to my show Ill get you in free and give ya a free beer for being from blizzforums.

Cheers

January 20th is our next show, (says on the site) and we have 2-3 shows planned for february and 1 in march, and still going strong, so you've got lots of time to see us.

Where do you live man?

Dylan has 3,140 Posts

Quote:

Old 12-16-2006

Canada InRage
Thrashing
 InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!

You have got to come to Toronto. And I want to go to Montreal anyways to check out the underground metal scene.

InRage has 3,002 Posts

Quote:
Caution the sarcasm served here is hot. In fact it is heated over geothermic vents, so if you burn yourself you'll probably die, but more importantly it's your own damn fault.

Old 12-16-2006

Canada Dylan

We played with a toronto band once, ''Tormenter Allegoria'' black metal band that sounded a LOT like Dimmu Borgir... was a good show they came down to club Saphir here in montreal with our friends Slain in fire www.myspace.com/slaininfire

Dylan has 3,140 Posts

Quote:

Old 12-16-2006

Canada InRage
Thrashing

Cool, I really need to go to Montreal. Any idea when you might come to Toronto?

InRage has 3,002 Posts

Quote:

Old 12-18-2006

Canada Dylan

maybe in 7-8 months time if we get time in the summer / theres a good opportunity to play a show.

Dylan has 3,140 Posts

Quote:

Old 12-21-2006

Canada InRage
Thrashing

Looking foward to it dude. Keep the metal flowing through.

InRage has 3,002 Posts

Quote:

Old 01-12-2007

Canada Dylan

bUmp.

www.myspace.com/sacrifycia

Yes, I am a promo whore sometimes, but if you havent heard the music, give it a shot for Ol' Flip

Dylan has 3,140 Posts

Quote:

Old 01-20-2007

Canada InRage
Thrashing

And I thought something exciting happened in regards to your band...

InRage has 3,002 Posts

Quote:

Old 02-09-2007

United States Demon of Legends
BF Member
 Demon of Legends is a jewel in the roughDemon of Legends is a jewel in the roughDemon of Legends is a jewel in the roughDemon of Legends is a jewel in the rough

I am a huge fan of new bands (im also a MD/DJ for a college radio station) We get tons of new bands each week through our promoters, so i really respect people making their own music.

Here are my comments for each song that you had posted:

the myspace songs :
The quality makes it hard to appreciate it more, that must first be said.

-Chapter II Sworn Oath
I like the beat, i like the keyboards especially (keyboard is fucking tight) But i don't think that the vocals match up with the music... the singer has that voice that sounds like he just woke up and his voice hasn't adjusted yet, and i think that is my biggest and really only con of that song
-Chapter III Slave i...
I LOVE THE INTRO! wow, that was great. im totally digging the keyboards, and the bass beat in the background. the song was flawless until the voice over came in, i thought that could be done a little differently. The vocals sound a little better in this one, i think it is because they are not as strong as the previous one. I like the alternative singer that comes in around 6 mins into the song, that was cool! like the thrash beat at about 7 mins. Long songs have the tendency to get a little old, maybe you could chop it up and make a couple songs out of one, or chop it down to shorten it.
-Last Walk
I like the drums to it, not so much digging the fade in cies. definitely not digging the cies. but still the drums and beat were pretty solid.

as for the Purevolume songs.
I am not a big rap/Hip-hop fan, so i don't think my comments here would be much help,
although i did think your lyrics were quite interesting! I didn't really listen to them as much as i did the songs with your band

I am not a musician or in a band (although i play Guitar Hero II) but as a lover of music (Metal, techno, rock, scream-o, trance, 80's, speed metal) i would say that you need a new singer, and fit some kick ass keyboard riffs in there...

this is just one persons opinion, and i hope that it helped because it was dead honest.

let me know if you get any new stuff, I'd love to hear it!

Demon of Legends has 504 Posts

~!tuO ecaeP~
Archers in your arches, raise your fingers for one last salute... And bleed this skyline dry. Your history is mine. ~Funeral For A Friend

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Demon of Legends Send a message via MSN to Demon of Legends