Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 02-02-2009

Macedonia vancopower
BF Member
 vancopower is an unknown quantity at this point
Default King of Macro

Well I know that is too late to post this but I just wanted to see your comments on this:

1. Terrans- 3 modes for the gas refinery that a terran player may switch with the worker upgrading the refinery :
  • RED LIGHT – instead of collecting 10 gas the workers bring home 5 minerals at the expense of 20 gas spent.
  • YELLOW LIGHT – Normal 10 gas gathering.
  • GREEN LIGHT – collecting 1 gas but, every time worker enters the refinery it’s total uncollected gas increases by 2

In RED LIGHT mode the worker uses the gas trapped in the planet pockets to blow up some precious minerals to the surface thus wasting lot of gas and gaining little minerals.

In YELLOW mode the gas is mined normally.

In GREEN LIGHT mode the worker pumps pressure in to the gas in order to stimulate it thus filling it`s tank by 1 gas and goes back to the center depressurized and gets new pressure pumps from the center and back to the gas again and so on…

2. Protoss – 3 modes which can be activated from the Nexus.
·LIGHT MODE - 50% faster warp time, 50% shield increase to Light units like zealots, high templar, immortal… Dark units like dark templar, stalker loose shield. Minerals and Gas decrease by 1 per sec. if no resources are present the ability looses its effect.
·DARK MODE – Minerals and Gas increase by 3 per sec., 50% shield increase to Dark units like dark templar, stalker and all Light units loose shield.
·BALANCED MODE – everything normal. No bonuses or drawbacks.

In LIGHT MODE the Protoss concentrate their energy in warp path thus increasing it`s effectiveness but in doing so they waste resources to maintain their warp stability.

In DARK MODE the Protoss concentrate their energy in warping in dark matter which can be used to create everything just like (antimatter reactor in Enterprise J ) but most of their units are light mode so they loose shields which is great disadvantage.

I don`t need to explain BALANCED MODE it`s everything normal.

3. Zerg – Zerg Queen as base manager like in Total Annihilation.
·Zerg Queen can decrease spawning time of target hatchery by half
·Zerg Queen can decrease building time of new buildings by half.
·Zerg Queen can Mutate Overlord in to Under lord.
·Under lord is always burrowed and can not leave the creep, can do all the 3 abilities the queen does but with half efficiency. Also can use spread roots ability to create gas patch any ware on the map as long is in the reach of the creep. This spends 500 minerals instantly and over time grows a patch of 5000 gas on the map like 15 min time.
·Overseer can use chemical reaction ability: target 1 gas extractor on the map and the overseer goes in, instantly all gas is depleted and after 5 min the extractor blows up leaving mineral deposit for every 2 gas 1 mineral in its place.

pm.gif   

Old 02-03-2009

Canada WolfGangGrimmer
UnitedEarthDirectorate
 WolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatness

Red Light does not seem all that useful to me.

WolfGangGrimmer has 629 Posts

..... There is only the divinity of mankind. Kill all Xenomorphs.
Hydra-owned

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to WolfGangGrimmer  

Old 02-03-2009

United States UED Special Ops
BF Vet
 UED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightened

Terran:

-Red Light: Sounds totally useless.

-Yellow Light: No comment as it is the normal mode.

-Green Light: Sounds like it would take far to much time for such a little reward while it cripples your gas intake, thus fairly useless.

Protoss:

-Light Mode: Sounds a bit overpowered, as -50% warp time is huge, and +50% shields for all Light units is very powerful. The minus 1 mineral/gas per second isn't that big of a drawback, and there are far fewer Dark units then light, so the no shields wouldn't be too huge of an issue if planned for. Overall, sounds a bit to powerful.

-Dark Mode: Broken. Gaining +3 minerals/gas per second is huge, and buffing the shields of all Dark units is just a nice bonus. The no shields for Light units is easy to overcome if you are not actually in combat, so you can just pump up the resources, and then when/if your Light units end up in combat, pop on the Light Mode and they will be ready to go. Overall, far to powerful and broken.

-Normal Mode: No comment as it is the normal mode.

Zerg:

-50% Hatchery unit spawn time: Broken as all Hell, especially as there is zero drawback at all for using it. It would give the Zerg player an overwhelming advantage that the other two races, even with their "powers" could not match. Workers in half the time. Combat units in half the time. And all for zero drawback for its' use. Yeah, in all, this is 110% broken beyond belief.

-50% building build time: Wow, another broken as Hell ability, and again, one with zero drawback. Rapid teching far before anyone else. Expansions popping up in half the time. Like the ability above, this one is also greatly broken.

-Underlord Spawn: Hmm, a burrowed Overlord that can speed up unit build time or building mutation time, but this time by "only" 25%. 25% is still pretty overpowered and the Overlord being hidden from sight is a very nice plus, a bit too nice. Spawning a new gas patch sounds a little bit useless, as 15 minutes in SC2 is forever, with most games lasting no more then around 25-30 on average. (At least according to Blizz) The Overseer chemical reaction ability sounds ridiculously overpowered. Draining all the gas in a Refinery in one shot? Crippling. Oh, and blowing it up just for the Hell of it after a very long wait of 5 minutes? Kinda pointless but whatever. Don't get how exactly the 2 for 1 mineral explosion thing works, as the gas would be at zero, and the player who owns it would know that it would explode, and thus would be unlikely to refill 500 Vespene into the Refinery as it would be mostly wasted a few minutes later.

Well, in all it seems that the Terrans get shafted by these new abilities, the Protoss get some nice bonuses, and the Zerg become the most broken race in the game. Interesting ideas, but they need a ton of balance work, especially the Zerg ones. Giving such huge bonuses with no drawback? Far to strong.

Last edited by UED Special Ops; 02-03-2009 at 07:39 AM.
UED Special Ops has 4,775 Posts

06-27-06: The date that BF returned!!

pm.gif   

Old 02-03-2009

Netherlands Magnetron
Sexecutor
 Magnetron doesn't suck

This is overcomplicating things needlessly. SC2 should be easy to learn, hard to master. This means the gameplay should be very basic and intuitive. They are already adding more stuff like gold minerals and extractor options, lets not add more!

Magnetron has 12 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-03-2009

Macedonia vancopower
BF Member

WOOW easy on the mathematics, I did not actually calculated the numbers I see that now maybe if I make a few ajustments let`s see ...

The NEW MACRO

Well I know that is too late to post this but I just wanted to see your comments on this:

1. Terrans- 3 modes for the gas refinery that a terran player may switch with the worker upgrading the refinery :
• RED LIGHT – instead of collecting 10 gas the workers bring home 15 minerals at the expense of 50 gas spent. (available until mid game let`s say)
• YELLOW LIGHT – Normal 10 gas gathering.
• GREEN LIGHT – collecting 1 gas but, every time worker enters the refinery it’s total uncollected gas increases by 3

In RED LIGHT mode the worker uses the gas trapped in the planet pockets to blow up some precious minerals to the surface thus wasting lot of gas and gaining a lot of minerals.

In YELLOW mode the gas is mined normally.

In GREEN LIGHT (should be used in desperate measures when all gas is gone) mode the worker pumps pressure in to the gas in order to stimulate it thus filling it`s tank by 1 gas and goes back to the center depressurized and gets new pressure pumps from the center and back to the gas again and so on…

2. Protoss – 3 modes which can be activated from the Nexus.
• LIGHT MODE(takes time to switch like 3 min) - 25% faster warp time, 50% shield regeneration increase to Light units like zealots, high templar, immortal… Dark units like dark templar, stalker loose shield. Minerals and Gas decrease by 1 per sec. if no resources are present the ability looses its effect.
• DARK MODE(takes time to switch like 3 min) – Minerals and Gas increase by 3 per sec., 50% shield regeneration increase to Dark units like dark templar, stalker and all Light units loose shield, warp time 25% longer.
• BALANCED MODE(takes no time) – everything normal. No bonuses or drawbacks.

In LIGHT MODE the Protoss concentrate their energy in warp path thus increasing it`s effectiveness but in doing so they waste resources to maintain their warp stability.

In DARK MODE the Protoss concentrate their energy in warping in dark matter which can be used to create everything just like (antimatter reactor in Enterprise  ) but most of their units are light mode so they loose shields which is great disadvantage.

I don`t need to explain BALANCED MODE it`s everything normal.

3. Zerg – Zerg Queen as base manager like in Total Annihilation.
• Zerg Queen (is spawned latter in the game)
• Zerg Queen can decrease spawning time of target hatchery by 1/4
• Zerg Queen can decrease building time of new buildings by 1/4.
• Zerg Queen can Mutate Overlord in to Under lord.
Zerg Queen can work only on 1 of these at the time and can not start one until the first one is not finished or canceled same goes for the Underlord.
• Under lord is always burrowed and can not leave the creep, can do all the 3 abilities the queen does but with half efficiency. Also can use spread roots ability to create gas patch any ware on the map as long is in the reach of the creep. This spends 500 minerals instantly and over time grows a patch of 5000 gas on the map like 15 min time.
• Overseer can use chemical reaction ability: target 1 gas extractor on the map and the overseer goes in, instantly all gas is depleted and after 5 min the extractor blows up leaving mineral deposit for every 2 gas 1 mineral in its place.

pm.gif   

Old 02-03-2009

Macedonia vancopower
BF Member

I`m sorry but I like Zerg too much I can`t help it please feel free to balance the idea because I do not have the hearth to cripple my minions because i love them too much. the point is that zerg will expand faster but develop slower as their upgrades will take longer so at first will seem that zerg will be victorious all the time but if you defend your main base, just enough time to get your stronger units the zerg will be easy to kill (I can`t believe that I typed that) My main point is :

1. Terran - collect very fast, normal build time normal upgrades time, faster unit production time.

2. Zerg - collect normal, Very fast build time slowest upgrades time, very fast unit production.

3. Protoss - collect normal, fast build time, very fast upgrades time, slow unit production.

something like that but I think that will involve a lot of testing

pm.gif   

Old 02-03-2009

United States iAm
BF Member
 iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancopower View Post
1. Terran - collect very fast, normal build time normal upgrades time, faster unit production time.

2. Zerg - collect normal, Very fast build time slowest upgrades time, very fast unit production.

3. Protoss - collect normal, fast build time, very fast upgrades time, slow unit production.
Is that really how it is? I didn't realize there was a time difference in the upgrades among different races. I thought it was all the same speed for each lvl of each upgrade. Learned something new

iAm has 520 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-03-2009

United States UED Special Ops
BF Vet
 UED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAm View Post
Is that really how it is? I didn't realize there was a time difference in the upgrades among different races. I thought it was all the same speed for each lvl of each upgrade. Learned something new
Umm, last I checked, all three races had their base upgrades(attack, defense) upgraded at the same speed. The OP is just stating how he would like to see SC2, not how it actually is at this time.

UED Special Ops has 4,775 Posts

06-27-06: The date that BF returned!!

pm.gif   

Old 02-04-2009

Macedonia vancopower
BF Member

Yes if you read the whole thing you will notice that I`m suggesting a different game play for each race but still balanced but up till now I can`t really solve the balance issue for the Zerg because I like em too much and that clouds my judgment )) so if anyone likes this Macro idea please feel free to comment more on the Zerg ))

pm.gif