Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Your Life, Your Thoughts, Your Nonsense.

Old 07-29-2006

United States Tim-and-Carl
 Tim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than you

Pizza: Your comment is too generalized and presumptuous. Most of what anyone's personality is is just a mixture of various influences, like that quote from Einstein. There is a difference between "pretending" to be someone else and shaping your personality based on various influences and experiences. These personality issues are something usually teenagers would worry about, since "pretending" to be someone else or "trying to be you" implies a radical difference from your normal habits, and you don't see your parents suddenly deciding they want to dye their hair and be emo, or deciding golf is not a part of their personality and they now want to go windsurfing or whatever other factor you see as an ingredient in part of someone's personality. "Being you" implies uniqueness in some way, when really, no one is unique as a whole. I don't see why you would worry about it, and I wouldn't coerce people into radically metamorphosing their personality. People (or rather teenagers) aren't lazy, that's oversimplifying the problem. Just don't worry about it.

Tim-and-Carl has 1,830 Posts

"He walked into the shreds of flame. But they did not bite into his flesh, they caressed and engulfed him without heat or combustion. With relief, with humiliation, with terror, he understood that he too was a mere appearance, dreamt by another." - Borges

"Above all else, to thine own self be true." - Shakespeare

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Tim-and-Carl  

Old 07-29-2006

Tuvalu Durandal
我是垃&
 Durandal is a name known to allDurandal is a name known to allDurandal is a name known to allDurandal is a name known to allDurandal is a name known to allDurandal is a name known to allDurandal is a name known to allDurandal is a name known to allDurandal is a name known to allDurandal is a name known to allDurandal is a name known to all

Quote:
thats the thing though -- you guys all think its "pretending" to be something that your not. when it reality it is just practice. and practice makes perfect. theres nothing wrong with "pretending to be someone else." you just call it that because you are afraid of change and too lazy to put the effort in that it requires to be successful. you are just happy to be your pathetic, lazy, loser self because "thats who you are, deep down." the truth is that you are scared of change, scared of making yourself vulnerable and scared to leave your comfort zone. which in a lot of y'alls cases is your computer, in your sweatpants, eating doritos and drinking bawls while your mommy cooks dinner downstairs.
I agree i need to change, but im just lazy.

Maybe when school starts i can start changing.

Durandal has 5,894 Posts

Thanks to Ninjaware for the sig and avatar
I AM PIE ON BOB WARS

Durandal - Sugar High Protector

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Durandal Send a message via MSN to Durandal Send a message via Yahoo to Durandal 

Old 07-30-2006

United States Hymn
Green is the new Black.
 Hymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatness

They are basically saying to just follow your own rules and do what you want, not what others want you to do. Thats how I got here, in jail, for 2 months. For some reason, stealing a car is grand theft auto. Whodathunk.

Hymn has 6,931 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Hymn  

Old 07-30-2006

United States fizzly
Its a Jeep Thing
 fizzly is a god among mere mortalsfizzly is a god among mere mortalsfizzly is a god among mere mortalsfizzly is a god among mere mortalsfizzly is a god among mere mortalsfizzly is a god among mere mortalsfizzly is a god among mere mortalsfizzly is a god among mere mortalsfizzly is a god among mere mortalsfizzly is a god among mere mortalsfizzly is a god among mere mortals

I don't know if chnaging is such a bad thing, but there is a difference between changing and posing. If you look at me in Highschool 6 years ago and me now, I am 480% different. But at the same time I am very similar. When I was in Highschool I was the basist and front man of arguably the most popular band ever in my town. I was friends with everyone, but was a dick to most people. I just had some core values, and no matter how much I chnage they will not. The things I value are friendship. I am honest to my friends, I wil not stab them in the back. Same with my relationship, I will nto cheat. I am not afraid to tell anyone anything. If it needs to be said, it will be said. I have as much fun as I can, when I do something its balls to the walls. No matter how much your clothes or music taste or whatever chnages, you should keep the same basic values. Does this make sense?

fizzly has 3,201 Posts

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run as outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." -Helen Keller

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to fizzly Send a message via AIM to fizzly Send a message via MSN to fizzly Send a message via Yahoo to fizzly