Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Your Life, Your Thoughts, Your Nonsense.

Old 10-22-2008

Poland spychi
Twilight Spychi
 spychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunem View Post
I believe it's out this week. Today acctually.
Well I called my shop if I can change the shiping, but the lady that answered said that she can't because... it was sent today!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAY
FUCK YES THIS WEEKEND I'LL GET THE GAME AND A BONUS DEAD SPACE FLASHLIGHT XD
check my review after I'll play the game
Meh, if I knew that the store had 1000 limited edition with the Downfall movie...oh man

spychi has 3,254 Posts

Hidden Content:

The true epicness of StarCraft, StarCraft 2 and Mass Effect.
Interstella 5555
The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem

pm.gif   

Old 10-22-2008

United States Reservoir
In need of a Sanitarium
 Reservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightened

Yeah, I pretty much use the Pulse Rifle and the first gun thingy you get. One has some serious knockdown, the other is rapid fire and carries a lot of ammo (then again, it spends it quickly, too).

I really didn't like the ripper. It's like a close-range sniper weapon: if you have poor aim, you're arse is dead, decapitated, and mutilated.

Reservoir has 912 Posts

"Those who always listen do not experience everything."
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostlyGal View Post
God, people think I'm He-Man with tits.
DOOM Forever!
||Xanga||

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Reservoir Send a message via Yahoo to Reservoir 

Old 10-23-2008

Poland spychi
Twilight Spychi
 spychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too much

The Dead Space is now the editors choice on gamespot.com and IGN
PC Gamer in the review writes what I writed in the title of this thread (well without the "fuck you guys")

Last edited by spychi; 10-23-2008 at 02:20 PM.
spychi has 3,254 Posts

Hidden Content:

Interstella 5555

pm.gif   

Old 10-23-2008

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by spychi View Post
The Dead Space is now the editors choice on gamespot.com and IGN
PC Gamer in the review writes what I writed in the title of this thread (well without the "fuck you guys")
Plagiarism, much?

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Meteora  

Old 10-24-2008

Poland spychi
Twilight Spychi

Best game of E3
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41953.html

today I'll get to play it, I'm soo excited

Edit: fuck yes, first cinematic and my jaw fell down

Last edited by spychi; 10-24-2008 at 07:11 AM.
spychi has 3,254 Posts

Hidden Content:

Interstella 5555

pm.gif   

Old 10-25-2008

Poland spychi
Twilight Spychi

I was bit scared with Doom 3, but now I don't know whats gonna happen

Lol I used the plasma cutter to cut the necromorphs legs and it was still after me.

spychi has 3,254 Posts

Hidden Content:

Interstella 5555

pm.gif   

Old 10-27-2008

Canada Carsickness
Stop the car!
 Carsickness simply pwnsCarsickness simply pwnsCarsickness simply pwnsCarsickness simply pwnsCarsickness simply pwnsCarsickness simply pwnsCarsickness simply pwnsCarsickness simply pwnsCarsickness simply pwnsCarsickness simply pwnsCarsickness simply pwns

So what would you give Dead Space out of 10 Spychi?
I'm gonna go pick up Fallout 3 in a day or two, and was thinking of getting Dead Space while i'm at it.
Playing BioShock has got me craving for another good horror game. And from what I hear, this game is up to the job.

How long is it? Hour wise.

Carsickness has 1,332 Posts

Thanks Meteora for customizing my avatar and signature, +reps for life

pm.gif   

Old 10-28-2008

Canada bunem
Get Some!
 bunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supreme

If you want a good horror game, Dead Space is a game to consider. It is a lot better than BioShock in the horror department. Definitely the best horror game in years. Solid story, great visuals. Pick this up, no one should miss out on this title.

bunem has 302 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to bunem  

Old 10-28-2008

Poland spychi
Twilight Spychi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunem View Post
Igreat visuals. Pick this up, no one should miss out on this title.
Great visuals? thats it? ah c'mon the graphics are awesome and the in-game physics superb. The blood from killed necromorphs are on Isssac's suite! Also Issac himself looks soo realistic
I have everything set on highest and the game looks really "beautiful" (in gore terms ).
And as Bunem says this is a must have, no wonder why it gets soo many great reviews.

I would give 9+/10 or 96/100
it is the best horror game of the decade
How many hours? hard question, I'm playing from friday night till now...friday night about ~3 hours, saturday about ~12 hours, sunday the same, monday 4 hours, today 2 hours which gives me 43 hours of playing + the other 3 episodes left (while we have 12 episodes, I just eneded the 9 episode)... on normal
But I think that you can continue your game with all the goodies you had in the previous game

Heh I have seen that all first letters of every episode gives us in the end NICOLE IS DEAD

Last edited by spychi; 10-28-2008 at 01:44 PM.
spychi has 3,254 Posts

Hidden Content:

Interstella 5555

pm.gif   

Old 10-28-2008

Canada Carsickness
Stop the car!
 Carsickness simply pwnsCarsickness simply pwnsCarsickness simply pwnsCarsickness simply pwnsCarsickness simply pwnsCarsickness simply pwnsCarsickness simply pwnsCarsickness simply pwnsCarsickness simply pwnsCarsickness simply pwnsCarsickness simply pwns

Would you say that IGNs review is fairly accurate?

Carsickness has 1,332 Posts

Thanks Meteora for customizing my avatar and signature, +reps for life

pm.gif   

Old 10-29-2008

Egypt KnightWolf
A Nomad Soul
 KnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsickness View Post
Would you say that IGNs review is fairly accurate?

To tell the truth IGN has been giving very crappy reviews ( 6/10 and 5/10 ) to good games lately .. i don't trust them anymore.

KnightWolf has 769 Posts

STOP ISRAELI MASSACRES OF CIVILIANS
http://www.elfarra.org/gallery/gaza.htm

pm.gif   

Old 10-29-2008

United States ShadowFox
Semper Fi
 ShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too long

I would give this game something in the realm of 8.5/10, and is near perfect in terms of what I expect out of a horror game. I say near-perfect because with Resident Evil 5 and Left for Dead on the horizon with promised multiplayer is something I have always wanted in a horror game.

That being said I wouldn't say it is the best sci-fi/horror of the decade because this game is still beaten by Eternal Darkness. Regardless I would say IGN's review is fairly accurate, and anyone who remotely enjoys horror should buy or rent this game. It only took me about 12 hours to beat it on hard difficulty(my first time, anything but hard diff is for pussys), so if you have a free weekend you can get most of what this game has to offer without ever buying it.

I am now playing on Impossible difficulty, and have got my ass kicked several times by the Leviathon. First time playing I upgraded the Contact Beam, Assault Rifle, and Plasma Cutter. Now about half way through on impossible I have upgraded the Line Gun nearly full(kills the behemoths in about 6 shots to the back, so one stasis freeze and GG for them, also one shots the infant monsters), and I must say it was a much better decision than the Assault Rifle. I have purchased the flamethrower and I am rather disappointed in its performance, but I kind of want to give ever weapon a chance. I haven't played with the Ripper or the Force Gun at all.

Last edited by ShadowFox; 10-29-2008 at 12:22 AM.
ShadowFox has 317 Posts

"They shall be pure of heart and strong of body, untainted by doubt and unsullied by self-aggrandisement. They will be bright stars in the firmament of battle. Angels of Death whose shining wings bring swift annihilation to the enemies of Man. So shall it be for a thousand times a thousand years, unto the very end of eternity and the extinction of mortal flesh." Roboute Guilliman - Primarch of the Ultramarines

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to ShadowFox Send a message via MSN to ShadowFox  

Old 10-29-2008

Poland spychi
Twilight Spychi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFox View Post
It only took me about 12 hours to beat it on hard difficulty(my first time, anything but hard diff is for pussys), so if you have a free weekend you can get most of what this game has to offer without ever buying it.
oh you gotta be joking, 12 hours on hard? thats impossible, well If you were running all the time...no, not even then you could end that game in 12 hours
It took "RoosterTeeth" 29 hours to complete and that guy is a pro in doing game walkthrough, so I don't belive you.

And the IGN review is accurate in some ways, but I don't agree on the locations and few other things.

Last edited by spychi; 10-29-2008 at 09:52 AM.
spychi has 3,254 Posts

Hidden Content:

Interstella 5555

pm.gif   

Old 10-29-2008

Poland spychi
Twilight Spychi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFox View Post
It only took me about 12 hours to beat it on hard difficulty(my first time, anything but hard diff is for pussys), so if you have a free weekend you can get most of what this game has to offer without ever buying it.
Well I looked at my saves and on the last save I saw 12:48:12 hour
Well I can't belive what I'm seeing cause I was playing for 4 days, not whole days but still
I bet my money that it tok'd me more time than 13 hours

spychi has 3,254 Posts

Hidden Content:

Interstella 5555

pm.gif   

Old 10-29-2008

United States ShadowFox
Semper Fi
 ShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too long

Quote:
Originally Posted by spychi View Post
oh you gotta be joking, 12 hours on hard? thats impossible, well If you were running all the time...no, not even then you could end that game in 12 hours
It took "RoosterTeeth" 29 hours to complete and that guy is a pro in doing game walkthrough, so I don't belive you.

And the IGN review is accurate in some ways, but I don't agree on the locations and few other things.
Well thats what the game saves told me. I figure it is higher, and the game only calculates the total in game hours for the clear. All those times I died likely don't get added in by the system.

To be honest Hard and Impossible don't seem much different aside from taking more damage.

ShadowFox has 317 Posts

"They shall be pure of heart and strong of body, untainted by doubt and unsullied by self-aggrandisement. They will be bright stars in the firmament of battle. Angels of Death whose shining wings bring swift annihilation to the enemies of Man. So shall it be for a thousand times a thousand years, unto the very end of eternity and the extinction of mortal flesh." Roboute Guilliman - Primarch of the Ultramarines

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to ShadowFox Send a message via MSN to ShadowFox