Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat > Works-In-Progress

Works-In-Progress Help for any authors or musicians seeking constructive criticism.

Old 06-05-2007

United States Alexander
Pew Pew
 Alexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwns
Default My photoshop paintings in progress...

Yeah so I'm getting back into drawing/digital painting again. I don't have a tablet so I have to draw things with a mouse, it's a little discouraging sometimes. Here are three pictures. I'm working on the first two still and the third one is done I guess.

Spheres: This is 3 spheres of conflicting elements, it's an image based on a video game I plan on coding in flash. It doesn't really have any purpose, I just wanted to do it to look cool. It's not finished I need to add more to the plant sphere and add better backgrounds to all three.

Grey City: This is still a sketch and I might redo it. Those windows are definitely not staying

Shroom Specter: Yeah I was bored and made this with polygonal lasso It's not meant to be serious or anything I just thought I'd show you.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3spheres.jpg (222.7 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg greycity.jpg (50.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg wtfevil.jpg (116.2 KB, 12 views)
Alexander has 1,497 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Alexander  

Old 06-07-2007

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country p3ngu!n
Forum Elder
 p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!
Default Re: My photoshop paintings in progress...

Ever tried Corel Painter? It blows Photoshop completely outta the water when it comes to digital painting.

p3ngu!n has 11,118 Posts

Most Sweetest Signature/Avatar Winner 2008

pm.gif   

Old 06-07-2007

United States Alexander
Pew Pew
 Alexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwns

I have not tried it but I'll look into it. And photoshop is completely capable, but is Corel Painter better for noobs like me?

Alexander has 1,497 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Alexander  

Old 06-08-2007

Canada warhog
This is bad.
 warhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to all

No, Corel Painter is just the best painting software, tablet or mouse, that you can possibly get. Photoshop is supposed to do what its name says... shop photos, not let you paint stuff. I mean, you can, it's just not the same thing. Painter is expensive, though.

They're neat, but I think you could work on them a little more, probably with different brushes. If you want to keep working in photoshop, there are a lot of cool brushes you can download online to expand. Like, the first one is not bad, but it would look even better if the branches on the element to the right didn't look like they were just painted on with the round brush, you know? Take a gander online and see what you can find to help... though it's impressive to have done all that detailwork without a tablet. Must've been hell. So good on ya.

The last one in the set is simple yet effective, which is a good thing. The second one is neat, but as an exercise in perspective, the central street sort of makes weird juts, rather than having two straight lines disappearing into the horizon (perhaps obscured at certain points by something) but it looks right now as though if you looked straight down, the street would get wider and then suddenly narrow, like a simple cookie-cutter shape of a Christmas tree, know what I'm saying?

Anyway, like I said before, if you plan on sticking with Photoshop, grab some new brushes and give them a whirl. There are some pretty cool ones, like ones that can really give you neat ink splatters, etc.

This is a stupid idea.

pm.gif