Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Your Life, Your Thoughts, Your Nonsense.

Old 02-07-2009

United States Darth Maul
Mongoloids for Palin
 Darth Maul reigns supremeDarth Maul reigns supremeDarth Maul reigns supremeDarth Maul reigns supremeDarth Maul reigns supremeDarth Maul reigns supremeDarth Maul reigns supremeDarth Maul reigns supremeDarth Maul reigns supremeDarth Maul reigns supremeDarth Maul reigns supreme
Default Halo Wars

The demo for Halo Wars was released a few days ago. Has anyone gotten it yet?

I had a blast playing it. I might just pick this game up when it comes out.

Darth Maul has 6,483 Posts

Thanks Diaboli for the sig.

Nintendo Wii Friend Code: 3541 1146 1229 0704

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Darth Maul  

Old 02-08-2009

United States Bullet2head
The Hammer of Dawn
 Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!
Default Re: Halo Wars

I got it as well, I loved it. Very well done for a console RTS, though I have a few gripes with it.

1. Everything is overpowered. Seriously, everything has an OP feel, especially at the top of the tech tree.

2. Powers are a bit to strong

3. The unit cap is to low.

Bullet2head has 12,009 Posts

Thanks Bliss for the sig!
Spoiler (highlight to reveal text)
Haha you looked. Fag

pm.gif   

Old 02-08-2009

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet2head View Post
I got it as well, I loved it. Very well done for a console RTS, though I have a few gripes with it.

1. Everything is overpowered. Seriously, everything has an OP feel, especially at the top of the tech tree.

2. Powers are a bit to strong

3. The unit cap is to low.
There's a reason why there are unit caps with the limitations of a console.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Meteora  

Old 02-08-2009

The Hammer of Dawn
 Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!

I'm not saying let us pump out 200 units a piece, but as a halo wars thing, I'd love to watch much bigger armies duke it out. And fuck graphics. If it can run something as shiney, colorful, and with so much shit going on as TF2, then it can handle units.

Haha you looked. Fag

pm.gif   

Old 02-08-2009

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

Quote:
I'm not saying let us pump out 200 units a piece, but as a halo wars thing, I'd love to watch much bigger armies duke it out. And fuck graphics. If it can run something as shiney, colorful, and with so much shit going on as TF2, then it can handle units.
Outside of high resolution textures and shit, high polygon counts matters a shitload.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

Old 02-08-2009

The Hammer of Dawn

Have you played it? Even the firing animations don't look to done up. Hell, I feel CoD has higher end shit than them.

Haha you looked. Fag

pm.gif   

Old 02-08-2009

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist

Quote:
Have you played it? Even the firing animations don't look to done up. Hell, I feel CoD has higher end shit than them.
COD4 has some very nicely done animations (especially reloading, it never gets tiring); I don't think you can compare a game that was modeled after motion capture with great lengths of realism put into it.

And no I have not. Obviously you forgotten that I don't have access to XBL or you didn't get the message.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

Old 02-08-2009

The Hammer of Dawn

That's right, I remember.

I think that at 6 armies of like, 100 unit cap each might be a bit much for the system, 40 and 50 are way to low.

Haha you looked. Fag

pm.gif   

Old 02-08-2009

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist

Quote:
That's right, I remember.

I think that at 6 armies of like, 100 unit cap each might be a bit much for the system, 40 and 50 are way to low.
Have you ever considered it as more of a tactical game than anything? Think of it as WarCraft III or something.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

Old 02-08-2009

The Hammer of Dawn

It is that, so much. There's a definite thing for micro. Half the game's tutorials focuses on teaching you that nearly everything has an ability that you can use, and about 70% of the upgrades are for abilities.

However, doesn't mean I like less explosions

Haha you looked. Fag

pm.gif   

Old 02-10-2009

Canada Thus
is one happy dude
 Thus might just love this place a little bit too muchThus might just love this place a little bit too muchThus might just love this place a little bit too muchThus might just love this place a little bit too muchThus might just love this place a little bit too muchThus might just love this place a little bit too muchThus might just love this place a little bit too muchThus might just love this place a little bit too muchThus might just love this place a little bit too muchThus might just love this place a little bit too muchThus might just love this place a little bit too much

Yea, it's strange, odd to play with no micro. It's just the biggest army the fastest in most cases.

I enjoy the game, better than teh C&C Xbox360 series. But after playing 3 or 4 RTS's on console. I believe strongly that an RTS is a computer game.

Thus has 4,256 Posts

"These days I realize that the more you insult other people, the more you're really insulting your own integrity."
-Luther Shark
Wisdom + Kindness

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Thus  

Old 02-10-2009

United States Mike
Two Letters, No Regrets
 Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...

FPS made a solid conversion to consoles, even though there are still numerous mouse and WASD purists out there.

However, RTS simply has too much going on to achieve the same level of control without a mouse-keyboard.

Mike has 937 Posts

Progress, man's distinctive mark alone,
not God's, and not the beast's,
God is, they are,
Man partly is and wholly hopes to be.

pm.gif   

Old 02-10-2009

United States JT
ur head asplodes
 JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
FPS made a solid conversion to consoles, even though there are still numerous mouse and WASD purists out there.

However, RTS simply has too much going on to achieve the same level of control without a mouse-keyboard.
Aren't there mouse and keyboard solutions for consoles?

JT has 18,012 Posts

Join Clan Blizzforums, the only BF Steam Group!

Equations are more important to me, because politics is for the present, but an equation is something for eternity. -Albert Einstein

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to JT Send a message via MSN to JT  

Old 02-10-2009

Canada bunem
Get Some!
 bunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT View Post
Aren't there mouse and keyboard solutions for consoles?
Ehh there is for the PS3. But I am not sure if you can use the actual keyboards for more than typing. It would make sense if you could.....

As for the XBox, I haven't heard of anything like that, that acctually works. But who knows.

bunem has 302 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to bunem  

Old 02-10-2009

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist

RTS will continue to be a solid genre on PCs only until they figure out how to incorporate at least more than 20 or 30 buttons on a controller and yet still feels normal. Though there has been some innovations to make RTS more solid on consoles, namely Tom Clancy's EndWar where instead of fiddling with buttons you input your actions and commands using voice chat. Of course a more simpler version is to let players use a mouse and a keyboard, wireless or not.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts