Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Your Life, Your Thoughts, Your Nonsense.

Old 02-06-2009

United States GenocideAlive
You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...
Default Don't Expect Me To Behave Responsibly, The Party Was Going When I Got Here

Obama, speaking to about 200 House Democrats at their annual retreat at the Kingsmill Resort and Spa, dismissed Republican attacks against the massive spending in the stimulus.

"What do you think a stimulus is?" Obama asked incredulously. "It’s spending — that's the whole point! Seriously.”

Stabbing hard at Republicans who once aligned themselves with his predecessor, Obama made it clear that the problems he seeks to address with his recovery plan weren’t ones of his making.

“When you start hearing arguments, on the cable chatter, just understand a couple of things,” he said. “No. 1, when they say, ‘Well, why are we spending $800 billion [when] we’ve got this huge deficit?’ – first of all, I found this deficit when I showed up, No. 1.
“I found this national debt, doubled, wrapped in a big bow waiting for me as I stepped into the Oval Office.”

Apparently Republicans concerned with the magnitude of spending that the "stimulus" represents are too stupid to realize that indeed, that's the point. When they point out that there is a ridiculous deficit and that the stimulus isn't helping along those lines, Obama can kindly point out that "Hey, it was here when I got here man. Whatever happens isn't my fault."

I am nonplussed.

GenocideAlive has 2,277 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-06-2009

Canada Ace
Music is my Catharsis
 Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!
Default Re: Don't Expect Me To Behave Responsibly, The Party Was Going When I Got Here

He wasn't saying whatever HAPPENS isn't his fault, he implied that what HAPPENED wasn't his fault. Reading comprehension ftw.

Ace has 14,405 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Ace  

Old 02-06-2009

Australia Noise
Formerly Vangarde
 Noise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supreme
Default Re: Don't Expect Me To Behave Responsibly, The Party Was Going When I Got Here

Context and selective quoting

Noise has 1,051 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-06-2009

United States Ben
The Sartorialist
 Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...

No, GA is correct. Obama is trying to say that just because there was a deficit when he got in to office, it is okay for him to pursue further irresponsible policies vis a vis spending.

However, it is also pretty shameless for the Republicans to act like they give a shit about deficits now.

Ben has 11,099 Posts

What's happening?
I keep my dreadlocks in a napkin ring
Rap and sing
Unlike the homogenous clones
I'm in to earth tones, birth stones, and erogenous zones
The more ticklish the more you have
Sitting on the curb of what used to be the burbs
And before that was Canarcie
I'm a disturbed and bitter herb
Like saltwater and parsley

Most Intelligent Debater 2008

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Ben Send a message via MSN to Ben  

Old 02-06-2009

Canada Ace
Music is my Catharsis
 Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!

I still dont think he's trying to excuse himself. That wouldn't be "hope" or "change" or "lollipops and unicorns" now would it.

Ace has 14,405 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Ace  

Old 02-06-2009

United States Kingscrab
Finally
 Kingscrab is made of winKingscrab is made of winKingscrab is made of winKingscrab is made of winKingscrab is made of winKingscrab is made of winKingscrab is made of winKingscrab is made of winKingscrab is made of winKingscrab is made of winKingscrab is made of win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
However, it is also pretty shameless for the Republicans to act like they give a shit about deficits now.
That actually got a chuckle out of me.

Kingscrab has 260 Posts

AMERICA WINS

pm.gif   

Old 02-06-2009

United States GenocideAlive
You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

Wow talk about a bunch of dickcheeses that can't read. Context, indeed. We're discussing irresponsible spending and he says "it was here when I got in the Oval Office", thereby stating that because the deficit exists, there is no reason to impede his stimulus bill. Otherwise, I don't give a shit about Democrats or Republicans, I care about the fucking stimulus bill(s) that are getting out of fucking control.

GenocideAlive has 2,277 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-07-2009

Canada DemolitionSquid
TestosterOWNAGE
 DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...

I'm honestly not sure how much harder I can laugh. It's like watching an episode of Ren and Stimpy.

DemolitionSquid has 7,740 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to DemolitionSquid  

Old 02-07-2009

United States TheRabidDeer
Voting independent
 TheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of win

Bush stimulus package - 170 billion
TARP bailout - 800 billion
Obama stimlus package - 800 billion
Auto bailout (I cant remember how much exactly) - 50 billion

Amount of money thrown at the economy: 1.8 trillion dollars.

Hey, what doesnt more money solve? Oh right, an economic crisis.

Take the power from the parties and vote independent in 2008.

pm.gif   

Old 02-08-2009

United States The Hawaiian
Ua mau ke ea o ka ʻāina i
 The Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
Bush stimulus package - 170 billion
TARP bailout - 800 billion
Obama stimlus package - 800 billion
Auto bailout (I cant remember how much exactly) - 50 billion

Amount of money thrown at the economy: 1.8 trillion dollars.

Hey, what doesnt more money solve? Oh right, an economic crisis.
Let's not forget the fact that TARP and the auto bailout were all thanks to Bush, actually his total contributions are over 4 trillion. Obamas plan hasn't even passed, so technically he's contribute 0 to the problem so far.

The Hawaiian has 8,445 Posts

"The Khala awaits me, and though I fear not death, you will not find me easy prey."

pm.gif   

Old 02-08-2009

United States TheRabidDeer
Voting independent
 TheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of win

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hawaiian View Post
Let's not forget the fact that TARP and the auto bailout were all thanks to Bush, actually his total contributions are over 4 trillion. Obamas plan hasn't even passed, so technically he's contribute 0 to the problem so far.
The fact that he wants it to pass is just as bad as it passing. I also think everybody knows that TARP and auto bailout were bush, which is why I didnt point out which president put it forward. I was merely pointing out how absolutely retarded our government seems to be right now.

BTW, what are the other 3 trillion in contributions from bush? I dont remember any other bailouts or other things spent on trying to improve the economy.

Take the power from the parties and vote independent in 2008.

pm.gif   

Old 02-09-2009

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country FoxBlade
The Philosopher
 FoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to all

Well I dunno, I actually think the auto industry actually does need the bailout. If the Detroit 3 goes under, unemployment will skyrocket, not to mention that losing our own auto industry would mean we'd have to rely on foreign cars, whereas if we keep it we keep jobs, and boost our own economy by keep the option to by domestic.

FoxBlade has 467 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to FoxBlade  

Old 02-09-2009

United States Golgo 13
ಠ_ಠ
 Golgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
No, GA is correct. Obama is trying to say that just because there was a deficit when he got in to office, it is okay for him to pursue further irresponsible policies vis a vis spending.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ben again.

Golgo 13 has 10,560 Posts

"The modern banking system manufactures money out of nothing. The process is perhaps the most astounding piece of sleight-of-hand that was ever invented. Banking was conceived in inequity and born in sin. But if you want to continue to be slaves of the bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, then let the bankers continue to create money and control credit."

- Josiah Charles, President of the Bank of England & 2nd richest man in Great Britain (1880-1941)

pm.gif   

Old 02-09-2009

United States The Hawaiian
Ua mau ke ea o ka ʻāina i
 The Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
The fact that he wants it to pass is just as bad as it passing. I also think everybody knows that TARP and auto bailout were bush, which is why I didnt point out which president put it forward. I was merely pointing out how absolutely retarded our government seems to be right now.

BTW, what are the other 3 trillion in contributions from bush? I dont remember any other bailouts or other things spent on trying to improve the economy.
Ask Pizza, he made a thread about it but I can't find it. The information is freely available from the US Treasuries website. He sourced everything.

The Hawaiian has 8,445 Posts

"The Khala awaits me, and though I fear not death, you will not find me easy prey."

pm.gif   

Old 02-09-2009

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Pizza
Pizza
 Pizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hawaiian View Post
Back of the envelope numbers:

Obama voted for the TARP plan, and probably did not vote "nay" at Hank Paulson's confirmation, so 1/100th of the mess might be attributed to him. That would be roughly $78 billion.

Pizza has 12,834 Posts

pm.gif