Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 08-21-2008

Canada Renagade Rine
 Renagade Rine is a jewel in the roughRenagade Rine is a jewel in the roughRenagade Rine is a jewel in the roughRenagade Rine is a jewel in the rough
Default Jim isn't Jim anymore....

You guys have probably seen the new screenshots of Jim right? The pic where it shows the side of his face and nose just doesn't look at all like the old Jim's nose.... Jim's new face, long hair, and attitude..... I just can't see the old Jim that I used to. Not to mention that its a different voice actor as well. I am personally just kind of choked that Jim is so different, go back to the briefings in the old missions and compare Jim then to the Jim now...

Renagade Rine has 325 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Renagade Rine  

Old 08-21-2008

Russian Federation NeoSoviet
BF Member
 NeoSoviet has been here far, far too longNeoSoviet has been here far, far too longNeoSoviet has been here far, far too longNeoSoviet has been here far, far too longNeoSoviet has been here far, far too longNeoSoviet has been here far, far too longNeoSoviet has been here far, far too longNeoSoviet has been here far, far too longNeoSoviet has been here far, far too longNeoSoviet has been here far, far too longNeoSoviet has been here far, far too long

I agree. How many years passed in Starcraft universe ? Four right... how the hell does one person change it's face, attitude, voice so much in so little time ?

How will Blizzard explain this, will they even care ?

NeoSoviet has 839 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 08-21-2008

United States Luke
soy un perdedor
 Luke is on a distinguished road

I trust Blizz on this one... we don't know quite enough about the Terran campaign to go nuts about this just yet.

Luke has 53 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Luke  

Old 08-21-2008

Australia chief rocka
BF Member
 chief rocka has ascended to greatnesschief rocka has ascended to greatnesschief rocka has ascended to greatnesschief rocka has ascended to greatnesschief rocka has ascended to greatnesschief rocka has ascended to greatnesschief rocka has ascended to greatnesschief rocka has ascended to greatnesschief rocka has ascended to greatnesschief rocka has ascended to greatnesschief rocka has ascended to greatness

who cares? blizzard has artistic license to do whatever they want with the character if they feel it's an improvement. his personality is meant to have changed...as for his appearance and voice, unless you're suggesting they're an intrinsic part of his character, i don't think it matters if they're different.

chief rocka has 170 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 08-21-2008

Canada Drake Clawfang
Guardian of Helm
 Drake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to all

To me, it reminds me of Cloud Strife in Final Fantasy VII, then Advent Children. Here's a point of reference for those unfamilar with his look.

Game
Movie

You can ultimately chalk Raynor's new character to three things.

1 - New technology. Better graphics, better story-telling devices, etc, will allow the characters to be much more vivid.
2 - Passage of time. It's been four years, Raynor has been cut down at every turn by Mengsk and Kerrigan, he's seen his friends and comrades become his enemies, and those that didn't betray him are dead or vanished to who-knows-where. Who wouldn't start drinking?
3 - Artistic License. Blizzard is going to change characters, like it or not. This current Raynor is actually closer to his original concept art, which is nice.

I personally like Raynor's new look, and his voice is fine to me, it's not what I recall but it's not like it's going to ruin the game for me.

Drake Clawfang has 3,330 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 08-21-2008

United States SWPIGWNG
BF Member
 SWPIGWNG has much to be proud ofSWPIGWNG has much to be proud ofSWPIGWNG has much to be proud ofSWPIGWNG has much to be proud ofSWPIGWNG has much to be proud ofSWPIGWNG has much to be proud ofSWPIGWNG has much to be proud ofSWPIGWNG has much to be proud ofSWPIGWNG has much to be proud ofSWPIGWNG has much to be proud of

People sure can find things to nitpick.......

pm.gif   

Old 08-21-2008

United States ArchDreadReaper
Destroyer of Worlds
 ArchDreadReaper has become enlightenedArchDreadReaper has become enlightenedArchDreadReaper has become enlightenedArchDreadReaper has become enlightenedArchDreadReaper has become enlightenedArchDreadReaper has become enlightenedArchDreadReaper has become enlightenedArchDreadReaper has become enlightenedArchDreadReaper has become enlightenedArchDreadReaper has become enlightenedArchDreadReaper has become enlightened

Lol, I think Cloud looks the same.

As for Raynor, I don't really mind. I think he looks more interesting this way honestly.

I really think a whole bunch of awkwardness could have been avoided by making the game set 10 years after Broodwar instead of 4.

-Dread_Reaper

ArchDreadReaper has 695 Posts

Axe the Overseer, turn the Infester into the Defiler, and find a place for the Roach.

Add this to your signature if you agree.

New Nullifier?
http://blizzforums.com/showthread.ph...676#post364676

pm.gif   

Old 08-21-2008

United States XBSHX
BF Member
 XBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchDreadReaper View Post
Lol, I think Cloud looks the same.

As for Raynor, I don't really mind. I think he looks more interesting this way honestly.

I really think a whole bunch of awkwardness could have been avoided by making the game set 10 years after Broodwar instead of 4.

-Dread_Reaper
There may have been a specific reason its set only 4 years after BW.

XBSHX has 3,215 Posts

Zergling seagull sound NEEDS to go.

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to XBSHX  

Old 08-21-2008

United States XSOLDIER
Harbinger o Great Justice
 XSOLDIER has ascended to greatnessXSOLDIER has ascended to greatnessXSOLDIER has ascended to greatnessXSOLDIER has ascended to greatnessXSOLDIER has ascended to greatnessXSOLDIER has ascended to greatnessXSOLDIER has ascended to greatnessXSOLDIER has ascended to greatnessXSOLDIER has ascended to greatnessXSOLDIER has ascended to greatnessXSOLDIER has ascended to greatness

Here's a quick rundown of images for comparison. Portrait, SC1 Concept, SC2 Concept, SC2 Single Player (x2).

X

XSOLDIER has 402 Posts

Stalker: Artwork vs. Animation (Finished: Blizzcon 10/2008)
Zerg Creep Suggestions (Finished: Blizzcon 10/2008)
Mystery of the Swarm Guardian (Revealed: 6/28/08)

pm.gif   

Old 08-21-2008

Malaysia SoFool
The Chinese Cerebrate +)
 SoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightened

Like drake said he got back stab by kerrigan & mengsk & he lost fenix one of his closest friends, it's easy to see why he became like that. Although he's a sober now it'll be interesting to see him getting his true self back in SC2 if the story line's going to be like that.

Cloud's just like him in advent children, except he still keeps his appearance fancy lol

SoFool has 384 Posts

Find Humanity ... Assimilate ... Learn ... Evolve.

pm.gif   

Old 08-21-2008

Argentina Norfindel
Soon...
 Norfindel has become enlightenedNorfindel has become enlightenedNorfindel has become enlightenedNorfindel has become enlightenedNorfindel has become enlightenedNorfindel has become enlightenedNorfindel has become enlightenedNorfindel has become enlightenedNorfindel has become enlightenedNorfindel has become enlightenedNorfindel has become enlightened

His face looks very wide in the last screenshot, but in the previous one, i think it's probably ok. I don't imagined him with that many muscle, but we only seen his face until now, anyways.

Norfindel has 2,003 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 08-21-2008

Canada Bred
Ich Bin Brot
 Bred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulz

The single player screenshots actually look quite a bit like the SC1 concept art, I hadn't noticed that till now.

Bred has 8,696 Posts

i got atm machines for testicles..go me.. - Demon

pm.gif   

Old 08-21-2008

Australia blue.rellik
is a double-bagger
 blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!

It's because he built additional pylons

blue.rellik has 10,518 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to blue.rellik  

Old 08-21-2008

United States XBSHX
BF Member
 XBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to all

You also have to remember they had limited technology back then so they couldn't translate the concept art into a model as well as they can now.

XBSHX has 3,215 Posts

Zergling seagull sound NEEDS to go.

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to XBSHX  

Old 08-21-2008

Israel Eligor
BF Member
 Eligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightened

I actually like the re-design (if it even can be called that), it shows that Jim's been through a lot and just how weary and embittered he's at the present moment. And to me it still feels very much like the same character, regardless of cosmetic changes.

Those screenshots are damn impressive by the way, especially the reflection on the bottle and the close-up of Jim's face (which practically gives you the illusion of seeing every hair). In fact, I can't recall any recent (or upcoming) game where the human face was done that well.

Eligor has 414 Posts

pm.gif