Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Warcraft Discussion & Strategy

Warcraft Discussion & Strategy Research and Discuss to Win.

Old 08-01-2007

United States Waffen
Retired Legendary Troll
 Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!
Default World of Warcraft: The Wrath of the Lich King

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/31/ge...the-lich-king/

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6175938...stnews;title;0

http://www.wowszene.de/news.php?extend.1182

The third link has a Q & A if you're interested.

The artist formally known as Dark Templar, Dunedain and Warlock.

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Waffen  

Old 08-01-2007

Czech Republic Dragon Master
/wrists
 Dragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortals
Default Re: World of Warcraft: The Wrath of the Lich King

I'm not sure I'm going to keep going for another xpac.

Dragon Master has 848 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 08-01-2007

United States Eli
Surgeon General's Warning
 Eli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilence of Scilla
WoWszene.de came up with a massive amount of leaked infos on the next WoW Addon: Wrath of the Lich King

We asked to WoWszene.de the permission to post the translation (thanks MyM|Leniya) of the german part of their article ; there it is:

WoW-Szene.de presents you the most important contents about the new addon by Blizzard- World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King. Last night you could see those informations shortly on an underpage of the officially EU-WoW Website and got confirmed to WoW-Szene.de by other sources, among others the official FAQ to WotLK.

What to expect from the Expansion :

*It is going to Northrend! With level 80 and new abilities! If some Objects are achieved, you can create a new Character. The Death Knight. He starts straight in High Level Area.
*In PVP there will be finally be the long-ago announced siege weapons available and there will be destroyable buildings, plus a new battleground
*The Deathknight will be a kind of Damage Dealer and at the same time a Tank with so far non existant new abilities. He will be playable by Alliance and Horde, but it will be just certain Races who will have the possibility to create a Death Knight. He is the first Hero class and other will probably come in the following Expansions.

More summaries of the of the FAQs:

* New possibilities of designing your Character.
* You will fight against the Lich King Arthas!
* Leveling from 70 to 80 will take as much time as leveling from 60 to 70.
* Howling Fjord will be the first area you will arrive to. Afterwards there will be areas following like Grizzly Hills and Dragonblight.
* The first Dungeon will be Utgarde Keep. You will be able to enter it at level 70 and it will be a 5-man Instance. 25er Dungeons will still be existant, just as well as Heroic Instances.
* New Profession: Inscription – Enduring amplification of spells and abilities.
* There will be a Cinematic Intro.
* Northrend will be about as big as Outlands.

Other contents like screenshots could sadly not be saved since the page went offline straight.

The complete FAQ with other Informations in English can be read at wowszene.de.
ya.

Eli has 2,112 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Eli  

Old 08-02-2007

United States Blackhand
BF Member
 Blackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightened

I hope it's not Northrend...at least, not the whole thing. Arthas needs to wait longer, because they need to release the South Seas Xpack!

pm.gif   

Old 08-02-2007

Canada Infested_Al
Future Mr Olympia
 Infested_Al is a splendid one to beholdInfested_Al is a splendid one to beholdInfested_Al is a splendid one to beholdInfested_Al is a splendid one to beholdInfested_Al is a splendid one to beholdInfested_Al is a splendid one to beholdInfested_Al is a splendid one to behold

yah looks terrible to me imo. another hybrid to squeeze into a 25 man raid grp? what fun

Infested_Al has 217 Posts

Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder but nobody wants to lift heavy ass weights

pm.gif   

Old 08-02-2007

United States insuranceman
 insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!

SC2 will pretty much be the end of my WoW career. =P

insuranceman has 5,202 Posts

GO SOOTY GO!

OMFG YOU FOUND MY SECRET SENTENCE!!!!

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to insuranceman  

Old 08-02-2007

Canada Graeme
AKA Radlin
 Graeme reigns supremeGraeme reigns supremeGraeme reigns supremeGraeme reigns supremeGraeme reigns supremeGraeme reigns supremeGraeme reigns supremeGraeme reigns supremeGraeme reigns supremeGraeme reigns supremeGraeme reigns supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by insuranceman View Post
qft. I'm likely giving up MMOs for good when SC2 is released ^_^.

Graeme has 3,172 Posts

- Radlin, The Pineapple, Graeme, etc.

pm.gif   

Old 08-02-2007

United States Ghost
haiku d'etat
 Ghost is clearly better than youGhost is clearly better than youGhost is clearly better than youGhost is clearly better than youGhost is clearly better than youGhost is clearly better than youGhost is clearly better than youGhost is clearly better than youGhost is clearly better than youGhost is clearly better than youGhost is clearly better than you

I quit, but the idea of the death knight is enticing. I doubt I'll be starting back up again for this though.

Ghost has 2,747 Posts

this little light of mine, shine bright and blind the reaper's eyes
thanks Mtank for the sig!

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Ghost  

Old 08-02-2007

Canada Bred
Ich Bin Brot
 Bred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulz

yay blizzard is finally implementing a jedi I mean hero system.

Bred has 8,696 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 08-02-2007

Canada Infested_Al
Future Mr Olympia
 Infested_Al is a splendid one to beholdInfested_Al is a splendid one to beholdInfested_Al is a splendid one to beholdInfested_Al is a splendid one to beholdInfested_Al is a splendid one to beholdInfested_Al is a splendid one to beholdInfested_Al is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by insuranceman View Post
srsly

been playing some rts to get back into it lately =)

Infested_Al has 217 Posts

Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder but nobody wants to lift heavy ass weights

pm.gif   

Old 08-02-2007

Canada Vash
The Man in the Box
 Vash has ascended to greatnessVash has ascended to greatnessVash has ascended to greatnessVash has ascended to greatnessVash has ascended to greatnessVash has ascended to greatnessVash has ascended to greatnessVash has ascended to greatnessVash has ascended to greatnessVash has ascended to greatnessVash has ascended to greatness

To quote the late great Ragnaros:

"TOO SOON"!

Vash has 231 Posts

He who controls others may be powerful,
but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.

-Lao Tzu

Thanks to Dragon Master for the Signature and Avatar.

pm.gif   

Old 08-03-2007

Netherlands Adron
Fel Boar
 Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!

i still dont know tbh, right now i think its too soon, but then again, ill have a full year before it comes out, and maybe theyll release more instances b4 the new expac. And, most of wow playerbase isnt even where i am atm (banging my head at vashj), heck, were the furthest progressed guild on the server.

And then again, who knows, maybe ill get hooked by SC2, or WAR (yeah i know :s )

edit: I also think theyre coming with northrend too soon, as they did with outland/Illidan. Soon they'll run out of characters to opose. Only Deathwing left really...

edit 2: ya, kinda forgot the burning legion...and a bunch of old gods even...meh, i dunno, i think i just likethe idea of villains u never meet. Like, i totally liked naxxramas, since ye killed kel, not the lich king emself...
hmm, maybe im not purplepixel'd minded as i should...

Last edited by Adron; 08-03-2007 at 10:01 AM.
Adron has 116 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 08-03-2007

United States Eli
Surgeon General's Warning
 Eli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatness

Too soon on Illidan? They waited 4 years for Outland =P

-Eli

Eli has 2,112 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Eli  

Old 08-03-2007

Netherlands Adron
Fel Boar
 Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!

i meant tthey came too soon with illidan in outland, the big badass dude whos influence is still with us today. Im with one foot in BT already, and im by far not hardcore.
personally, id like to see the fel orc being far more pronounced, cmon, you 5 man the leader of the entire fel horde, wich killed most draenei and devestated azertoth (the country). even rend was harder then that at 60...

Adron has 116 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 08-03-2007

Canada Bred
Ich Bin Brot
 Bred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulz

Yah he's got a few good points, but don't forget that blizzard basically threw lorelol out the window when they decided to give draenie intergalatic space ships to zoom from planet to planet in.

Bred has 8,696 Posts

pm.gif