Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Your Life, Your Thoughts, Your Nonsense.

Old 02-17-2009

Canada KP
Words Will Never Hurt You
 KP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too much
Default Keeping Pykie and Davie Alive - Pt 3

For those who don't know, some time long ago. In the annals of BF history, there was a time when Redcloak was not only a dude with an orange name, but a dude with some badass fanfiction skills. We pay homage to the Hivemind and Siegest by reposting the two greatest fanfictions in BF history annually. Hopefully another group of newbies enjoys this as much as I did.

KP has 9,752 Posts

How To Get Around the Red Ring of Death Without Losing Your Xbox for two weeks
http://www.1227.com/

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to KP Send a message via MSN to KP  

Old 02-17-2009

Canada KP
 KP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too much
Default Re: Keeping Pykie and Davie Alive - Pt 3

The Peculiar Probe
-Siegest

The life of a probe is a lonesome one. You mine; you build; yet you get no gratitude, no recognition or pride. You are just a peon. Disregarded when nothing needs mining. Sitting on a patch of minerals fighting over who gets what, and sometimes, even waiting in line. The life of a probe is ongoing with the same pale procedure. Everyone looks the same and everyone acts the same.
Well, almost everyone√Ę‚‚¨¬¶
Pykie is peculiar, he is made without the CHEBE4.5 Chip or in other words without a brain√Ę‚‚¨¬¶

Pykie watched as the various probes jittered about, gathering minerals. Not a sound was heard besides the high-pitched slicing of ore. Everyone seemed so glum as Pykie sat there his eyes glaring out, with a big mechanical smirk on his face.

"I be probe", shrieked the little yellow unit.

"I can remember the time I be made!" I be made in a place called nexus. I be laying there in pieces, and they put me together.

"I be probe!"

There was a dead silence, and nothing changed. No one beeped a word. Pykie was confused, after all life was great and there were endless things to do. Pykie hovered across the cold stale ground over to a interesting building. He looked about in great amazement.

"What be this?" Wondered Pykie.

He then saw a tall slender figure with long sharp knife like glowing blades. Pykie moved along to this odd unit and exclaimed, "I be√Ę‚‚¨¬¶"
"Get back to work you worthless peon!" Growled the Zealot.

Pykie was shocked, and scared at the same time. His mechanical parts shook all over, and aqueous oil like matter, trickled down his face. How could man be so mean?

Pykie slowly hovered over to the mineral field. He sliced at the ore and took off a small chunk.

"Where does this go?" Thought Pykie.

"Oh yes! It be nexus, it be nexus that this go!"

As Pykie began to go to the nexus, a large aircraft flew overhead and said get in! Get in! We are expanding! Him along with a few other probes, and a tall seemingly blurry figure were eventually crammed into the shuttle. Pykie sat there for quite some time as they flew over various terrains and waters. They were almost there, Pykie could see the blue ore and said, and "It be expansion!" The shuttle then came to a quick halt. Apparently the expansion was inhabited by icky purple goo.

What shall we do! Exclaimed the man known as Dark Templar. There seems to be spore colony there and I presume there are some lurkers in the premises.

"I be probe!" Said Pykie. "I will kill the spore colony and let you by!"

"Shut up, your useless!" Screamed the Templar.

" Bbbut, but, but I be probe." Said Pykie.

"Of course you're a probe, now shut up!" Yelled the Templar."

"I be probe, I be probe!" Yelled Pykie as he jumped out of the Shuttle and headed for the spore.

"Noooo!" Said the Templar. "You will do nothing!"

But Pykie was hard at work. He took out his small blades and slashed at the spore colony with all his might! He did it harder and harder, faster and faster! Then all of a sudden a trail of long brown spikes came his way.

"The Lurkers!" Yelped the Templar in a low-pitched voice.

The spikes ripped into his body tearing him apart, but Pykie kept at it. He seemed not to be affected by it. He was not powered by a Chip or Brain. He was rather, by some almighty power. Pykie attacked and attacked and blood started gushing out the side of the spore. The spikes kept coming and coming. With one final blow of his blades, the spore colony was gone, and he was victorious, and defeated at the same time. The lurker kept at him, bashing and bashing at his mechanical body.

Out of fury and sympathy for this poor probe, the Dark Templar rushed out and ran at the lurker. With one mighty blow the Templar destroyed the Lurker. Even yet, it was still to late. The probe was done for. The Templar put on a smile of sadness and pride as he held the probe up with his blades.

I be probe, said Pykie. "I be probe√Ę‚‚¨¬¶
His green glowing eyes fluttered then slowly faded out.

KP has 9,752 Posts

Old 02-17-2009

Canada KP

Originally Posted by: Redcloak
Title: Davey the Drone
Author: Redcloak
Publisher: OBK Productions
Classification: Short Story
A short story inspired by [OBK]Siegest's story, The Peculiar Probe

The Cerebrate detected a disturbance. It was coming from the drones mining the vespene gas. It efficently dispatched an overload to monitor the mining drones to ensure their total control.

Davey, vespene pack in his claws, suddenly stopped. He waited for a moment, expecting to feel a new command issued by the Cerebrate through the overlords. Nothing came. He looked around at the other drones, they were still going about their business as per usual. Perhaps he had been selected to morph a new structure he thought, but no command came to build one. Then he noticed a feeling building inside him, like a desire, to return to the Hive with the vespene. It was like all the other commands he had received before, but this one was infinetly weaker. It was as if a light breeze was blowing, in comparison to the gale force winds he was accustomed to. He looked overhead, the overlord was directly above him now, and he felt his will overcome as he headed toward the Hive.

The Cerebrate returned to the management of the Hive cluster. His job was simple here, continue production of Mutalisks while maintaing the base. He had been brought on to takeover for the more experienced cerebates, whom had moved toward the front lines.

Davey was awash with feelings of contentment and a continued desire to mine vespene for the horde. However, as he went deeper into the mine, the feelings subsided, and he no longer felt the overpowering need to return to the Hive. Davey realized, he did not want to return to the Hive at all. Rather, he wanted to get away from the control of the Cerebrate and his overlords. Davey scuttled away from the vespene mine and the Hive cluster. He did not look back when he head the leathery wings of the Mutalisks in the distance, nor did he look back when he heard the screech of the incoming gluve wurms. However, he did feel them as they seared through his body and torn massive holes into his small carapace.

The Cerebrate turned back to managing the base. It had become a constant effort with these drones. Ever since he had discovered a band of drones sitting outside the Terran base, he had had four such incidents with drones suddenly resisting the Overlords and running. He was tempted to inform the Overmind, but he feared that they would interprate the leaving drones as a sign of his weakness.

[Underground Base in the Terran Colony of Achelus]
"How did the test drones perform?"

"So far, nothing sir, not a single drone has returned to the base." replied the age-weathered scientist. "I told you it was a foolish dream. The Zerg are simply mindless beasts, you cannot instill desires into them."

"I know captain, but I had to try."

Davey felt the wurms tear through his carapace, fatally wounding his internal organs. He fell, hard to the ground. Davey looked to his side and saw the remains of a drone carapace, and he realized that he had done it. He was free.

KP has 9,752 Posts

Old 02-17-2009

Australia blue.rellik
is a double-bagger
 blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!

A tear trickled down my face

blue.rellik has 10,518 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to blue.rellik  

Old 02-17-2009

United States Bullet2head
The Hammer of Dawn
 Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!

Epic. That was amazing. No idea we had those.

Bullet2head has 12,009 Posts

Thanks Bliss for the sig!
Spoiler (highlight to reveal text)
Haha you looked. Fag

pm.gif   

Old 02-17-2009

Israel GhostlyGal
SnakeBite Gal
 GhostlyGal might just love this place a little bit too muchGhostlyGal might just love this place a little bit too muchGhostlyGal might just love this place a little bit too muchGhostlyGal might just love this place a little bit too muchGhostlyGal might just love this place a little bit too muchGhostlyGal might just love this place a little bit too muchGhostlyGal might just love this place a little bit too muchGhostlyGal might just love this place a little bit too muchGhostlyGal might just love this place a little bit too muchGhostlyGal might just love this place a little bit too muchGhostlyGal might just love this place a little bit too much

That was beautiful. I wish I could write like that

GhostlyGal has 883 Posts

The Karakal Battalion-
To Secure Peace is to Prepare for WAR

"I'm the '45 that's in your mouth. I'm a dirty, dirty whore"
So gimmie
FUEL gimmie FIRE gimmie that which I DESIRE

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to GhostlyGal Send a message via MSN to GhostlyGal  

Old 02-17-2009

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

Ahahaha, I vaguely remember the Probe one. That was epic.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Meteora  

Old 02-17-2009

Hungary CheesePants
qwertz
 CheesePants reigns supremeCheesePants reigns supremeCheesePants reigns supremeCheesePants reigns supremeCheesePants reigns supremeCheesePants reigns supremeCheesePants reigns supremeCheesePants reigns supremeCheesePants reigns supremeCheesePants reigns supremeCheesePants reigns supreme

So sad :c

CheesePants has 849 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to CheesePants  

Old 02-17-2009

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

original thread (this incarnation): http://www.blizzforums.com/showthread.php?t=88

And a funky google search turned up this stuff: http://www.thehippo.net/hermithoth/Art/Pykie.htm

I need to dig up the original pykie image and repost it, not sure what happened to it

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 02-17-2009

Canada KP

Yeah I remembered the original repost thread from this BF incarnation in 2k6, reposted it for Xmas of 2k7 and I figured it's time to renew the Pykie interest for 2k9.

thanks again Neo for hanging on to this through the crash. I like that in that link someone else took credit for it Oo

KP has 9,752 Posts

Old 02-17-2009

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

well for all we know they're right, not everyone went by the same handle everywhere :3

need to pull out an old website backup to get the original photo >_<!

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 02-17-2009

Nepal viperjo
Lovable Local Blood God
 viperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, gosh

Pykie would make a good kids story I think. One of those giant cardboard children's books used to indoctrinate the young of the world to follow the will of Blizzard.

Excellent stories.

viperjo has 5,125 Posts

I've got ham but i'm not a hamster........................... Thanks to Greyscale for this sexy sig!

pm.gif   

Old 02-17-2009

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!

Success!

^_^

Neo has 10,110 Posts