Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Your Life, Your Thoughts, Your Nonsense.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes


Old 02-09-2009
 
#16
No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Pizza
Pizza
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,834
 Pizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whore
Default Re: Don't Expect Me To Behave Responsibly, The Party Was Going When I Got Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hawaiian View Post
Ask Pizza, he made a thread about it but I can't find it. The information is freely available from the US Treasuries website. He sourced everything.
Now all the media have jumped on the bandwagon and started tracking it too, which means I don't have to do it myself anymore.

"The stimulus package the U.S. Congress is completing would raise the government’s commitment to solving the financial crisis to $9.7 trillion, enough to pay off more than 90 percent of the nation’s home mortgages."
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=aGq2B3XeGKok

Not counting the stimulus bill, the U.S. has committed up to $8.7 trillion, and has already spent $3 trillion in the last two years on "solving" the crisis.
 
Pizza has 12,834 Posts



 

Pizza is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 02-09-2009
 
#17
United States The Hawaiian
Ua mau ke ea o ka ʻāina i
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 8,445
 The Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too much
Default Re: Don't Expect Me To Behave Responsibly, The Party Was Going When I Got Here

See my point? This is why I say the optimal, most rational decision an individual could make in our society would be to go for all the free handouts they can get. Apply for foodstamps, apply for any and all federal aid that you can get, take out student loans, and support Democrats who promise you even more free handouts. Get your shit before it runs out!
 
The Hawaiian has 8,445 Posts

"The Khala awaits me, and though I fear not death, you will not find me easy prey."
 

The Hawaiian is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 02-10-2009
 
#18
No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Deidara
BF Member
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 891
 Deidara has ascended to greatnessDeidara has ascended to greatnessDeidara has ascended to greatnessDeidara has ascended to greatnessDeidara has ascended to greatnessDeidara has ascended to greatnessDeidara has ascended to greatnessDeidara has ascended to greatnessDeidara has ascended to greatnessDeidara has ascended to greatnessDeidara has ascended to greatness
Default Re: Don't Expect Me To Behave Responsibly, The Party Was Going When I Got Here

Quote:
We're discussing irresponsible spending and he says "it was here when I got in the Oval Office", thereby stating that because the deficit exists, there is no reason to impede his stimulus bill
Well, he never said that. No reason to make that assumption. It's possible. But he never came close to saying that...
I interpret it as him saying that he's raising the national debt in order to fix the national debt, that he wouldn't be doing this if not for the debt/other problems, that his goal isn't to raise the debt, but it's his only choice.

Do you even see by your own logic how what you interpret him saying could make sense? Even if you used a completely biased interpretation, that wouldn't make any sense. You'd have to "literally" be insane to reach that conclusion that deficit=no reason to impede bill. It doesn't give him any benefit at all to say that.
It is different if you say, to fix deficit/problemscreateddeficit= no reason to impede bill, and that's what I think he's saying.
That's, in my belief, the logic he's using for his argument, and that's why he calls it a "recovery plan," regardless of whether it is actually a recovery plan. He's likely saying that it isn't his policies which created this deficit, and that's the reason he thinks he can fix it. He shouldn't have to restate that every time he refers to it. He's said it a dozen times before. And this is simply reading comprehension and believing what you want.

Humans are fickle. They like to think their minds can be changed to see the truth right in front of their eyes, but they're far from capable. No reason I can see to believe otherwise when we have such complete disagreement on issues which aren't complicated.
 

Last edited by Deidara; 02-10-2009 at 10:30 PM.
Deidara has 891 Posts

oh so many ways for me to show you how your dog has abandoned you
 

Deidara is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Deidara  
Reply With Quote


Old 02-11-2009
 
#19
United States GenocideAlive
You Want My Shoes?
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,277
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...
Default Re: Don't Expect Me To Behave Responsibly, The Party Was Going When I Got Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deidara View Post
Well, he never said that. No reason to make that assumption. It's possible. But he never came close to saying that...
I interpret it as him saying that he's raising the national debt in order to fix the national debt, that he wouldn't be doing this if not for the debt/other problems, that his goal isn't to raise the debt, but it's his only choice.
You know, for someone that is so intent on pointing out what someone "didn't say" and how they "never came close to saying that", you sure do have your own version of shit that comes nowhere near to what came out of his mouth. It would seem to me that if you could explain that so simply, Mr. Silver Tongue could have done so as well. Instead, he chose words that were remarkably like words absolving himself of responsibility of future acts based upon the past.

By the arrangement of his own words and the meaning extrapolated from their arrangement, I came to a very understandable conclusion. It was agreed to by several others already, so you can abandon the "oh you just made that up there's no way" garbage that you're throwing at me.
 
GenocideAlive has 2,277 Posts
 

GenocideAlive is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 02-11-2009
 
#20
No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Deidara
BF Member
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 891
 Deidara has ascended to greatnessDeidara has ascended to greatnessDeidara has ascended to greatnessDeidara has ascended to greatnessDeidara has ascended to greatnessDeidara has ascended to greatnessDeidara has ascended to greatnessDeidara has ascended to greatnessDeidara has ascended to greatnessDeidara has ascended to greatnessDeidara has ascended to greatness
Default Re: Don't Expect Me To Behave Responsibly, The Party Was Going When I Got Here

well... i know he didn't say what i said either, he didn't really say anything in the paragraph you posted (what was the context? what were the previous paragraphs?), we're supposed to come to our own conclusions
you're not going to find a single Obama supporter here that is interpreting it the way you are, it gives him no benefit to say it that way, why would he? i don't even think you read the 2nd part of my post, and your response was basically... nothing... so yeah
 

Last edited by Deidara; 02-11-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Deidara has 891 Posts

oh so many ways for me to show you how your dog has abandoned you
 

Deidara is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Deidara  
Reply With Quote


Old 02-11-2009
 
#21
United States The Hawaiian
Ua mau ke ea o ka ʻāina i
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 8,445
 The Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too much
Default Re: Don't Expect Me To Behave Responsibly, The Party Was Going When I Got Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenocideAlive View Post
You know, for someone that is so intent on pointing out what someone "didn't say" and how they "never came close to saying that", you sure do have your own version of shit that comes nowhere near to what came out of his mouth. It would seem to me that if you could explain that so simply, Mr. Silver Tongue could have done so as well. Instead, he chose words that were remarkably like words absolving himself of responsibility of future acts based upon the past.

By the arrangement of his own words and the meaning extrapolated from their arrangement, I came to a very understandable conclusion. It was agreed to by several others already, so you can abandon the "oh you just made that up there's no way" garbage that you're throwing at me.
I believe only libertarians and Ron Paul supporters have a legitimate right to complain about spending, since they've been complaining for the last 10 years. I don't remember hearing a damned peep from the Right during Bush's presidency which saw the federal government grow twice it's size when he took office. Their criticisms are illegitimate and I don't think Obama should take heed.

These same assholes are going to criticize him no matter what he does, so I say he shouldn't try to appease them. The only reason Republicans have a problem right now with spending is because we have a Democratic president. Thats it, period.

Well I say fuck the Republican party, I support our Commander in Chief and I believe he is doing great things for the American people.
 
The Hawaiian has 8,445 Posts

"The Khala awaits me, and though I fear not death, you will not find me easy prey."
 

The Hawaiian is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 02-11-2009
 
#22
United States Ben
The Sartorialist
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 11,099
 Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...
Default Re: Don't Expect Me To Behave Responsibly, The Party Was Going When I Got Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hawaiian View Post
I believe only libertarians and Ron Paul supporters have a legitimate right to complain about spending, since they've been complaining for the last 10 years. I don't remember hearing a damned peep from the Right during Bush's presidency which saw the federal government grow twice it's size when he took office. Their criticisms are illegitimate and I don't think Obama should take heed.

These same assholes are going to criticize him no matter what he does, so I say he shouldn't try to appease them. The only reason Republicans have a problem right now with spending is because we have a Democratic president. Thats it, period.

Well I say fuck the Republican party, I support our Commander in Chief and I believe he is doing great things for the American people.
You're correct that the Republican Party is looking very stupid now to be complaining about spending, but the non-libertarian paleoconservative crowd was quite anti-Bush throughout and definitely complained about his spending policies.
 
Ben has 11,099 Posts

What's happening?
I keep my dreadlocks in a napkin ring
Rap and sing
Unlike the homogenous clones
I'm in to earth tones, birth stones, and erogenous zones
The more ticklish the more you have
Sitting on the curb of what used to be the burbs
And before that was Canarcie
I'm a disturbed and bitter herb
Like saltwater and parsley

Most Intelligent Debater 2008
 

Ben is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Ben Send a message via MSN to Ben  
Reply With Quote


Old 02-11-2009
 
#23
United States The Hawaiian
Ua mau ke ea o ka ʻāina i
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 8,445
 The Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too much
Default Re: Don't Expect Me To Behave Responsibly, The Party Was Going When I Got Here

Who does that group consist of, Ron Paul?
 
The Hawaiian has 8,445 Posts

"The Khala awaits me, and though I fear not death, you will not find me easy prey."
 

The Hawaiian is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 02-11-2009
 
#24
United States Ben
The Sartorialist
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 11,099
 Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...
Default Re: Don't Expect Me To Behave Responsibly, The Party Was Going When I Got Here

http://www.amconmag.com/

http://www.city-journal.org/

http://www.takimag.com/

http://spectator.org/
 
Ben has 11,099 Posts

What's happening?
I keep my dreadlocks in a napkin ring
Rap and sing
Unlike the homogenous clones
I'm in to earth tones, birth stones, and erogenous zones
The more ticklish the more you have
Sitting on the curb of what used to be the burbs
And before that was Canarcie
I'm a disturbed and bitter herb
Like saltwater and parsley

Most Intelligent Debater 2008
 

Ben is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Ben Send a message via MSN to Ben  
Reply With Quote


Old 02-11-2009
 
#25
United States remixedlife91
I want flashing lights
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 272
 remixedlife91 is clearly better than youremixedlife91 is clearly better than youremixedlife91 is clearly better than youremixedlife91 is clearly better than youremixedlife91 is clearly better than youremixedlife91 is clearly better than youremixedlife91 is clearly better than youremixedlife91 is clearly better than youremixedlife91 is clearly better than youremixedlife91 is clearly better than youremixedlife91 is clearly better than you
Default Re: Don't Expect Me To Behave Responsibly, The Party Was Going When I Got Here

Well, I say fuck both parties, DE. Your loyalties sicken me. Democrats are lairs, Republicans are lairs. We haven't had a good president since Reagan. I don't care what any of you "Gobama" fags have to say, he will fail, just like the last two did. He represents the hope for change that will never happen.

Democracy is going to fail because of him, Bush, Clinton, and all who voted for them.

So much for freedom, right?

What ever America you serve to protect, DE, will be so different and so much more worse than it is now. Your vote contributed to that.

This so called spending plan that will get us out of the debt.... for a short term.... Nice one, Obama. Then what? What will be his grand plan to fix it from that?

I mean feel free to answer for him, because I don't see him being able to answer without putting blame on everyone else.
 
remixedlife91 has 272 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben
If I told a bitch I loved her and she said "you're welcome" I'd smack her and tell her to get the fuck out.


Sometimes.... I want to be a pornstar!!
 

remixedlife91 is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to remixedlife91  
Reply With Quote


Old 02-12-2009
 
#26
United States Ass Kicker
Joshua Jew
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,320
 Ass Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too much
Default Re: Don't Expect Me To Behave Responsibly, The Party Was Going When I Got Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hawaiian View Post
See my point? This is why I say the optimal, most rational decision an individual could make in our society would be to go for all the free handouts they can get. Apply for foodstamps, apply for any and all federal aid that you can get, take out student loans, and support Democrats who promise you even more free handouts. Get your shit before it runs out!
Those of us who don't feel like pissing on the future of those yet to be born would disagree...
 
Ass Kicker has 3,320 Posts

Welcome to hell newbs your souls are mine!!!!
 

Ass Kicker is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 02-12-2009
 
#27
United States GenocideAlive
You Want My Shoes?
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,277
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...
Default Re: Don't Expect Me To Behave Responsibly, The Party Was Going When I Got Here

Obama hasn't done anything great for this country. Thus far he's shut down Gitmo with ??? to do with the terrorists living there, and he's imitated his predecessor's solution to crisis and yelled at people when they didn't want to go along with it.

/still waiting
 
GenocideAlive has 2,277 Posts
 

GenocideAlive is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 02-12-2009
 
#28
United States The Hawaiian
Ua mau ke ea o ka ʻāina i
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 8,445
 The Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too much
Default Re: Don't Expect Me To Behave Responsibly, The Party Was Going When I Got Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by remixedlife91 View Post
Well, I say fuck both parties, DE. Your loyalties sicken me. Democrats are lairs, Republicans are lairs. We haven't had a good president since Reagan. I don't care what any of you "Gobama" fags have to say, he will fail, just like the last two did. He represents the hope for change that will never happen.

Democracy is going to fail because of him, Bush, Clinton, and all who voted for them.

So much for freedom, right?

What ever America you serve to protect, DE, will be so different and so much more worse than it is now. Your vote contributed to that.

This so called spending plan that will get us out of the debt.... for a short term.... Nice one, Obama. Then what? What will be his grand plan to fix it from that?

I mean feel free to answer for him, because I don't see him being able to answer without putting blame on everyone else.
Well like he said, Bush created this problem that he inherited, so he's trying everything he can do to fix it. Since you weren't this vocal complaining about Bush's fuckups, I don't consider your criticisms to be legitimate and I feel they should be ignored by Obama (also others like you).

I think it's just so interesting how people make the biggest whining and crying about OBAMAS BAILOUT, and specifically linking Obama to the bailout, but when the previous 5 bailouts under BUSH were passed, which amounted to over 5 trillion dollars (5 times greater than Obama), nobody seemed to make this connection betwee BUSH and BAILOUT. It was "the house" passing the bailout, or "the senate." It was CONGRESS bailout.

But now it's OBAMAS bailout, right?

Like I said, your criticisms are illegitimate. Obama has no moral imperative or pressing need to listen to you now. You weren't saying shit when Bush was passing all those bailouts so your time to speak is over, now sit the fuck back sir. If anything Obama should cover his ears and say "lalalalalalala, fuck you fuck you fuck you." You're just a partisan who is all of a sudden concerned with the level of government spending and consolidation of power. Well I say tough shit, you should have been listening to us about 5 years ago when we were talking about this very thing that is happening right now.

Me, Kaizen, Ben, Golgo, Pizza, all of us predicted this shit years ago and you guys didn't listen. So now I say it's too late, and we're not gonna listen to you now! Too bad you didn't make any prepreations, at least I joined the military!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass_Kicker
Those of us who don't feel like pissing on the future of those yet to be born would disagree...
Ha, I've been saying this exact same thing for years but nobody listened. And now all of a sudden you are concerned about the future? TOO LATE! You've already wrote off the future, you've already wrote off your children and grandchildren. You made a choice. You could have listened to what we've been saying for years, but you chose not to. Live with your decision.
 
The Hawaiian has 8,445 Posts

"The Khala awaits me, and though I fear not death, you will not find me easy prey."
 

The Hawaiian is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 02-12-2009
 
#29
No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Pizza
Pizza
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,834
 Pizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whore
Default Re: Don't Expect Me To Behave Responsibly, The Party Was Going When I Got Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hawaiian View Post
Who does that group consist of, Ron Paul?
Ron Paul is not a paleoconservative. Look up the definition on wikipedia
 
Pizza has 12,834 Posts



 

Pizza is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 02-12-2009
 
#30
United States Ben
The Sartorialist
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 11,099
 Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...
Default Re: Don't Expect Me To Behave Responsibly, The Party Was Going When I Got Here

He definitely has paleoconservative tendencies. I would say he is borderline paleoconservative/paleolibertarian.
 
Ben has 11,099 Posts

What's happening?
I keep my dreadlocks in a napkin ring
Rap and sing
Unlike the homogenous clones
I'm in to earth tones, birth stones, and erogenous zones
The more ticklish the more you have
Sitting on the curb of what used to be the burbs
And before that was Canarcie
I'm a disturbed and bitter herb
Like saltwater and parsley

Most Intelligent Debater 2008
 

Ben is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Ben Send a message via MSN to Ben  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:28 AM.
Designed by XG3