Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 04-14-2008

Argentina Eblake
BF Member
 Eblake is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tutorial Levels from Starcraft 64

As a result of a mix of boredom, playing the excellent Resurrection IV recreation, and wanting to finally learn to use the map editor, I tried, some time ago & during some free moments, to recreate the two tutorial levels from Starcraft 64 (which are different from the ones in the PC).

To borrow a description from the Starcraft Wiki http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Offi...ficer_Training

Quote:
The Nintendo 64 version of StarCraft has a more complicated tutorial, split over two missions (the second called "Officer Training"), both of which take place on the surface of Mar Sara. A single Marine was dropped off via Dropship and found a few more Marines; they fought a number of Sons of Korhal forces scattered in the area. They received an urgent summons to a nearby Command Center that was under attack by a small Sons of Korhal force; the colonial Marines won this encounter, and also fended off a small force of rebels who arrived via Dropship.In Officer Training, the Magistrate trained a force of Marines and Firebats and had them attack a nearby Sons of Korhal base, destroying it.
I recently rechecked both maps, and decided to release them. Consider these a work in progress, they are my first maps ever and I am horrible (in my opinion) at setting the screen times for the Briefings and Text Messages during the game. So any criticisms are more than welcome, as it is help to fix them. Specially about display times for messages. The terrain in both maps is, I think, 90% like the original ones in SC 64.

Just realized that I lurked for some long time but never posted before.

BootCamp64.scm
OfficerTraining64.scm

pm.gif   

Old 04-14-2008

Palestine hayatli7
BF Member
 hayatli7 has a reputation beyond reputehayatli7 has a reputation beyond reputehayatli7 has a reputation beyond reputehayatli7 has a reputation beyond reputehayatli7 has a reputation beyond reputehayatli7 has a reputation beyond reputehayatli7 has a reputation beyond reputehayatli7 has a reputation beyond reputehayatli7 has a reputation beyond reputehayatli7 has a reputation beyond reputehayatli7 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I just played those maps. Good Job!

Does the N64 version have a different campaign as well? If it does then you can remake those too!

hayatli7 has 123 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 04-14-2008

BlizzForums Zero
Templar of the SC Forums
 Zero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwns

Nope, the campaigns are exactly the same. The only difference is the style of gameplay. You can select as many units as you want (as opposed to 12), and when you command your selected units to "attack" a certain part of the map, they'll move to that location and attack anything that gets in their way to that spot, which is different from "move", where they don't attack, and "patrol" where they move back and forth instead of one-way.

I'll definitely dust off my SC64 and check out the tutorial missions before I play yours, so I can test the accuracy of the terrain and triggers. Can't promise it'll be soon, though, I've been pretty busy with work and non-work activities.

Zero has 8,376 Posts

"As a kid it was traumatic. It was one thing for your teacher to tell you that life was harsh for settlers headed West in the decades after the Louisiana Purchase. It was a lot more chilling to watch as your three children, "Boobs, Fart, and Winky" drowned in the Colorado river shortly before your wife died of diarrhea."
- Gamespy talking about the original Oregon Trail

pm.gif   

Old 04-15-2008

BlizzForums spinesheath
Trigger Mathemagician
 spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
... and when you command your selected units to "attack" a certain part of the map, they'll move to that location and attack anything that gets in their way to that spot, which is different from "move", where they don't attack, and "patrol" where they move back and forth instead of one-way. ...
Which is exactly what they do in SC for PC/Mac...

spinesheath has 1,456 Posts

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to spinesheath  

Old 04-15-2008

BlizzForums Zero
Templar of the SC Forums
 Zero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwns

Wait, what are you talking about? You can't make your units do a one-way attack run in the PC version. You can only do 1) Patrol, where they'll run back and forth if not attacking, 2) Move, where they'll blindly go from point A to point B neglecting any enemies or their attacks, or 3) Attack, where you can only select an enemy unit, and after it's killed the unit AI takes over unless you give new orders.

Zero has 8,376 Posts

"As a kid it was traumatic. It was one thing for your teacher to tell you that life was harsh for settlers headed West in the decades after the Louisiana Purchase. It was a lot more chilling to watch as your three children, "Boobs, Fart, and Winky" drowned in the Colorado river shortly before your wife died of diarrhea."

pm.gif   

Old 04-15-2008

BlizzForums spinesheath
Trigger Mathemagician
 spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!

Just out of curiosity: When was the last time you played SC?

Last time I checked,
Move made my units move and only move.
Attack move on a unit made my units move to that unit and kill that unit
Attack move on the ground made my units move to that place and kill any enemies on their path
Patrol on the ground made my units patrol from their current location to the selected place and back, attacking any enemies on the way
I never intentionally used patrol on a unit, but I suppose it works just like attack move on a unit followed by a normal patrol on ground.

Btw: You DO know that you can "select" any place on the map after hitting 'a' or 'p', don't you?

spinesheath has 1,456 Posts

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to spinesheath  

Old 04-15-2008

BlizzForums Zero
Templar of the SC Forums

Apparently I never used Attack-Move before...

Boy do I feel stupid, that knowledge would've helped in the past.

Zero has 8,376 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 04-16-2008

Argentina Eblake
BF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayatli7 View Post
Wow, I just played those maps. Good Job!

Does the N64 version have a different campaign as well? If it does then you can remake those too!
Thanks. As Zero mentioned, the SC 64 port has the same campaign maps (the original 3 episodes + the 3 from Brood War, including the secret mission), with some of them having slighty changes for the new cheating system. You have to find some of the cheats on some maps, which means some extra triggers:

Quote:
- All Research: In "The Amerigo", move Kerrigan to the southwest corner of the pen with all of the critters in it.

- All Upgrades: In "The Jacobs Installation", MOVE Raynor north through the door, then right. You get the cheat after he passes by an orange civilian. DO NOT PRESS B.

- Fog of War Off: In "Legacy of the Xel'naga", touch the white flag on the northeast island with a ground unit.

- Give Me Cash/Gas: In "Patriot's Blood", locate the Ursadon on the northern part of the map. When it asks for a hug, surround it with units and press B.

- Mega Build: In "Vile Disruption", after saving the second Hive, follow the eastern wall until you see a disc.

- Open Tech Tree: In "Into the Darkness", go southeast until you see stairs, then southwest into the hall. When you're told to turn around, go back a ways, then return.
In the Multiplayer aspect, here is the list of maps that comes in the game, along its size, starting slots & tileset :

Scenarios (for 2 players)
- Pro Bowl, 128x128, Jungle
- Round Up, 64x64, Badlands
- King of the Hill, 128x128, Jungle
- Old Faithful, 128x128, Ashworld
- Guardians, 128x128, Jungle
- Zerg Troopers, 96x64, Badlands
- Resurrection IV, 96x192, Ice
- Rage, 96x96, Badlands

Melee, Free For All, Team Melee
- Challenger, 96x128, 2, Badlands
- River Styx, 96x128, 2, Badlands
- Solar Station, 128x128, 2, Space
- Discovery, 128x128, 2, Ashworld
- Space Madness, 64x64, 2, Space
- The Small Divide, 64x64, 2, Jungle
- Volcanis, 96x96, 2, Ashworld

Melee, Free For All, Team Melee, Allied Melee
- Three Kingdoms, 96x96, 3, Badlands
- Triumvirate, 128x128, 3, Jungle
- Monkey Business, 128x128, 3, Jungle
- Meltdown, 128x128, 3, Badlands
- Blood Bath, 64x64, 4, Space
- Spaced Out, 128x96, 4, Space
- Out of Time, 128x128, 4, Space
- Brushfire, 128x128, 4, Jungle
- Dire Straits, 128x128, 4, Jungle
- Opposing Cities. 128x128, 4, Jungle
- Power Lines, 128x96, 4, Jungle
- Lost Temple, 128x128, 4, Jungle
- Tarsonis Orbital, 128x128, 4, Space
- Island Hop, 128x128, 5, Jungle
- Predators, 128x128, 5, Jungle
- Ground Zero, 128x128, 6, Space
- Divided Factions, 128x128, 6, Space
- The Hunters, 128x128, 8, Jungle
- Orbital Death, 128x128, 8, Space
- Eruption, 128x128, 8, Ashworld

Checking the maps in the PC version, with a quick look, most of them are in it, except for four scenarios (Guardians, Zerg Troopers, Resurrection IV, Rage), and three maps (Monkey Business, Spaced Out, Out of Time). They maybe under other names, so I will try to check it later.

pm.gif   

Old 05-01-2008

United States Jozrael
BF Member
 Jozrael has much to be proud ofJozrael has much to be proud ofJozrael has much to be proud ofJozrael has much to be proud ofJozrael has much to be proud ofJozrael has much to be proud ofJozrael has much to be proud ofJozrael has much to be proud ofJozrael has much to be proud of

Wow. I am so, so sorry.

Playing without attack-move...

pm.gif   

Old 05-02-2008

United States Gradius
For Vengenace
 Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!

IIRC, these maps are already made. You can DL them from starcraft.org.

Gradius has 5,020 Posts

Best StarCraft II Poster 2008 | Best Moderator 2008
Best StarCraft II Poster 2007 Runner Up | Most-Liked StarCraft II Poster 2007

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Gradius Send a message via MSN to Gradius  

Old 01-01-2009

United States JCarrill0
BnetGamer1
 JCarrill0 has a spectacular aura aboutJCarrill0 has a spectacular aura aboutJCarrill0 has a spectacular aura about

you did a great job, I like these better then the PC version. Great remake, Now for those scenarios....oh and the 3 melee maps.....

EDIT: Can you go into detail about those maps? like what was "Zerg Troopers" & "Rage" about?

Last edited by JCarrill0; 01-01-2009 at 11:43 PM.
JCarrill0 has 93 Posts

JC's Starcraft Maps | Current Projects: (4)Passage (coming soon), Mercenaries III

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to JCarrill0 Send a message via MSN to JCarrill0 Send a message via Yahoo to JCarrill0 

Old 01-02-2009

Argentina Eblake
BF Member

Quick description of the scenarios before I head to work:

1. Guardians (128x128, Jungle)
- Map Description: Each side has an indestructible fortress. It is your job to make sure you find a way to destruct the other's.
- Briefing: The neighboring city has declared war on you. He is heavily fortified, yet you are prepared as well. This shall be a bloody war!
- Objectives: Destroy your enemy's city!
- Notes: You start with a Command Center, four SCVs, 8 supplies depots, 8 tanks in siege mode in high ground (without ramps), three bunkers and 2 marines. Just kill the other guy that has the same exact thing.

2. Zerg Troopers (96x64, Badlands)
- Map Description: Defend the temple at all costs!
- Briefing: (Duke) Commander, we have an huge problem on our hands. Spotters report that a rather large force of Zerg is approaching our position, and our studies of the ancient Temple here are not yet complete. We need you and your counterpart to hold off the Zerg onslaught for 15 minutes After 15 minutes, dropships will arrive on the scene to evacuate the survivors of the Temple complex. If the Temple falls during those 15 minutes, High Command has ordered the dropships to turn around, so protect the Temple at all costs!
- Objectives: Survive for 15 minutes. The Temple must not fall.
- Notes: You start with a developed base fighting waves of enemies. First one for example are broodlings coming from four directions, two to your base, two to your pal's one, the Temple in the center.

3. Rage (96x96, Badlands)
- Map Description: Wreak havok on the town using your beast. Player with the highest level of destruction at the end of the time limit wins.
- Briefing: Your mission is to destroy as much of the Terran City as possible, within the alloted time frame. The Power Circle is your home base; it will transform your human civilian into a powerful beast of destruction. Get to the Power Circle as quickly as possible, for it will be your only hope against the Terrans. While under attack, you can gain health by returning to the Power Circle or eating civilians. To enjoy a tasty human snack, move your beast to the nearest civilian and your hit points will be restored as you devour him. If your hit points rech zero, you will be transformed back into a human. Be careful in human form, because you are just as vulnerable as the other civilians to your opponent's appetite. Quickly navigate your human back to the Power Circle. Once there, you will regenerate back into your original beast. The player that inflicts the most amount of damage on the city, wins. Good luck!
- Objectives: Destroy as many Terrans buildings and units as possible, within the time limit.
- Notes: You get 10 minutes, and the "beast form" varies, One player gets an Archon, the other an Ultralisk with respawning Scourge.

Last edited by Eblake; 01-02-2009 at 05:08 AM.

pm.gif   

Old 01-02-2009

United States JCarrill0
BnetGamer1
 JCarrill0 has a spectacular aura aboutJCarrill0 has a spectacular aura aboutJCarrill0 has a spectacular aura about

OO any chance someone will recreate these?

JCarrill0 has 93 Posts

JC's Starcraft Maps | Current Projects: (4)Passage (coming soon), Mercenaries III

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to JCarrill0 Send a message via MSN to JCarrill0 Send a message via Yahoo to JCarrill0