Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 01-01-2009

United States JCarrill0
BnetGamer1
 JCarrill0 has a spectacular aura aboutJCarrill0 has a spectacular aura aboutJCarrill0 has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up (2)Eye of the Storm

So recently it was brought to my attention (by old fans of my maps) that I originally made a 2 player version of the last Protoss Mission/Last Campaign Mission in the Original Starcraft.
I recently found it, and I was amazed yet unsatisfied with what I had done to it, so I completely scathed the idea and recreated the entire map. I did start off with the original chk file from the MPQ however. I also added a few twists to make the 2 player version more interesting. I added a hero "Torrasque" which every zerg player loves, to constanly spawn and harrass the players during the game. It is playable in both Starcraft, and broodwar. I disabled the Expansion setting except the ability to build Dark Templar. No, you can't build Dark Archons and take over the zerg race as many would love, I just gave it the same abilities as the orginal Dark Templar from the map. I even edited to match the same stats. (wich in theory, is reverse HP. and shield settings ). I also left a few secrets to add to the twist, but nothing really noticable.

I also have a disabled Trigger, that adds AI for the second player. All you have to do is enable it by checking the boxes and changing that player setting to Computer.

All was well, when I ran into a few problems. I LOVE sound, but its crazy for memory, especially ".wav" files, so I added the SCM Draft to enable sound from the CDs, well, sadly SCM Draft (or me), had a problem getting it to work, so I fired up the good ol' StarForge and got it to work properly, but a new problem occured. Not only did SF mess my map up by double stacking EVRYTHING, (units, Dodoods, ECT) the sounds ONLY work if you use the original Starcraft MPQ. Meaning if you play it with BW for the extra stuff (build extra Dark Templar) you can't hear the sounds. I also had another sound file used with the BW MPQ, that only works if you use BW and NOT the SC MPQ. That wasn't the only problem, Transmisiong don't work when they run off the MPQ. It works if you use "PLAY WAV" Trigger, Not Transmission with text. It just skips through them so fast you never get to read the text, unless you add a "Wait Trigger".

I sadly came to the comclusion, that if I wanted them all to work I had to Inport the sound added ALOT of file size. I guess thats ok, Its a sad solotuion, but sometimes The basics works better then the advanced.

so basically that's NOT a problem anymore. The problem I have now is probally so simple, I missed it by a mile. That's where you come in. Everything works fine if you play it with one player. 2 Players adds Terran units for the second player, and if there is only one player, it adds Terran units for the first player. If you beat the mission with one player, you get Victory, If you beat the mission with 2 players, you get defeat.

WHAT DID I DO WRONG?

EYE OF THE STORM
Size: 192x192
Tileset: Jungle
Type: Campaign
Players: 1 or 2
Description: Protoss Command Ship Gantrithor
----------------- Low orbit over the planet Aiur
Author: JCarrill0
Download: Click here (6.61 MB)
Note: Downloading them takes you offsite.

Last edited by JCarrill0; 01-03-2009 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Updated the map
JCarrill0 has 93 Posts

JC's Starcraft Maps | Current Projects: (4)Passage (coming soon), Mercenaries III

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to JCarrill0 Send a message via MSN to JCarrill0 Send a message via Yahoo to JCarrill0 

Old 01-02-2009

BlizzForums spinesheath
Trigger Mathemagician
 spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!

First of all, make sure you have the latest version of SCMDraft2. If those sounds don't work with that, you might want to contact SuicidalInsanity, the creator of SCMD2. MIght be a bug or whatever.

Now, I don't really feel like downloading that file, so for now I'll just make an assumption:
You probably have a trigger "end scenario in victory for PX". Now if that PX is Force1 (human players), it should be fine. If it is P1 and there is another trigger that ends in victory for P2, obviously onle one of the two will win.
If you have it set up for Force1 and it still doesn't work, you might try to end the scenario in defeat for Force2 (Zergs). That should definately do the trick, at least I would assume that.

spinesheath has 1,456 Posts

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to spinesheath  

Old 01-02-2009

United States JCarrill0
BnetGamer1
 JCarrill0 has a spectacular aura aboutJCarrill0 has a spectacular aura aboutJCarrill0 has a spectacular aura about

SCM Draft 2 0.8.0 and the MPQ files donn't let me extra data from the starcraft.mpq/Broodwar.mpq. Classic triggers are too short to write them in mannually, and the advanced Triggers wont save my settings

As for the assumtion, thanks for the help, I appriciate the advice, but that doesn't seem to be the problem, I wish you would download it if you wanted to help, but it is your choice. Thanks again

EDIT:

Players:
Fleet of the Executor (Force 1) & Former Colonial Militia (Force 2)
Conditions:
Player 4 Commands at most Zerg overming (with Shell).
Actions:
Center View for Current Player at 'Overmind (Location)'.
Wait for 1000 Milliseconds.
Center location labeled 'Tassadar (Location)' on Gantrithot (Carrier) owned by Fleet of the Executor (Force 1) at 'Anywhere'
Center View for Current Player at 'Tassadar (Location)'.
Center location labeled 'Tassadar (Location)' on Gantrithot (Carrier) owned by Fleet of the Executor (Force 1) at 'Anywhere'
Center View for Current Player at 'Tassadar (Location)'.
Pause the game.
mute all non-trigger sounds for Current Player.
Send Transmission to Current Player from 'Anywhere'. Play 'PAM00uta.wav'. Modify transmission duration: Subtract 0 milliseconds. Display the following text: TASSADAR
Executor, the Overmind has been weakened, but
I fear we have sustained severe damage ourselves.
I will steer the Gantrithor into a collision course with
the Overmind. If I can channel enough of the Dark
Templars' energy through the hull of the Gantrithor, I
should be able to bring swift death to the accursed
abomination. Remember us, Executor. Remember
what was done here today. May Adun watch over you.

unmute all non-trigger sounds for Current Player.
End Scenario in Victory for Current Player.
Comment: Ending Transmission
-------------------------------------------------------

This works fine with one player. Perfectly. BTW this Trigger was made by Blizzard, I just tweaked it a bit.

Last edited by JCarrill0; 01-02-2009 at 10:18 AM. Reason: added Victory Trigger
JCarrill0 has 93 Posts

JC's Starcraft Maps | Current Projects: (4)Passage (coming soon), Mercenaries III

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to JCarrill0 Send a message via MSN to JCarrill0 Send a message via Yahoo to JCarrill0 

Old 01-05-2009

BlizzForums spinesheath
Trigger Mathemagician
 spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!

Well, that is about what I expected, actually. I cannot really say that this won't work because of whatever reason since there are waits and a pause in there. That makes it kinda hard to tell when which trigger will be executed when (the trigger you show here actually is 2 triggers, one for each player). I suspect that the victory action is executed for one of the 2 players, supposedly Force1, and the other player loses because of that.
Maybe it would work if you set those players to AlliedVictory through an action.

Otherwise, I would suggest that you seperate the victory action from this trigger and activate it in another trigger, for example triggerd by 2 switches or whatever.

spinesheath has 1,456 Posts

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to spinesheath  

Old 01-05-2009

United States JCarrill0
BnetGamer1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinesheath View Post
Well, that is about what I expected, actually. I cannot really say that this won't work because of whatever reason since there are waits and a pause in there. That makes it kinda hard to tell when which trigger will be executed when (the trigger you show here actually is 2 triggers, one for each player). I suspect that the victory action is executed for one of the 2 players, supposedly Force1, and the other player loses because of that.
Maybe it would work if you set those players to AlliedVictory through an action.

Otherwise, I would suggest that you seperate the victory action from this trigger and activate it in another trigger, for example triggerd by 2 switches or whatever.
I have another trigger in the map with ally settings, cuase I said ealier that I have a disabled Trigger that has a computer AI setting if anyone wanted to edit my map and add player 7 as computer. ally, shared vision and allied victory

JCarrill0 has 93 Posts