Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Your Life, Your Thoughts, Your Nonsense.

Old 07-28-2008

Canada Starcraft-4-Life
∫e^x dx
 Starcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something right

i changed my mind im going to list all the loose ends, i read somewhere theres going to be 3x 60min animated Avatar mini movies and a movie with real people in it.

Highlight if you want to know all the loose ends i cam think of

~Zukos Mom
~Kataara's/Sokka Mom is she even still alive after she got captured?
~Azula she went nuts! what happen to her after
~ Advance forms of bending for example
Fire -> Lightning
Earth -> Metal bending
Water -> Blood bending
Air -> ???
~Face Stealer/Aang "we'll meet again" its way back but the face stealer did say this
~100 years of Fire nation oppression and the world suddenly forgives the fire nation? nah thats way to easy...
~Iroh wife, we all know his son died

Starcraft2 is finally here...i pretty much wasted 10 years waiting for this game! let see during those 10 years i played 4 years of SC:BW, another 4 years of school and 2 years of ever wondering if they have even considered SC2

pm.gif   

Old 07-28-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starcraft-4-Life View Post
i changed my mind im going to list all the loose ends, i read somewhere theres going to be 3x 60min animated Avatar mini movies and a movie with real people in it.

Highlight if you want to know all the loose ends i cam think of

~Zukos Mom
I'll grant you this loose end, however I think it was left so as to give viewers a chance to decide on their own.
Quote:
~Kataara's/Sokka Mom is she even still alive after she got captured?
She's dead. She's dead and gone. Did you completely miss the episode where Katara faces the man who killed her?

Quote:
~Azula she went nuts! what happen to her after
Yes, this was also another loose end, and I've really got nothing to say about it to be honest, seems like a rather glaring omission to be honest.

Quote:
~ Advance forms of bending for example
Fire -> Lightning
Earth -> Metal bending
Water -> Blood bending
Air -> ???
Not really fair though. Aang might be a really good Air Bender but that doesn't mean he's the best -- Toph, Katara, Fire Lord Ozai/Azula/Iroh are all elite benders to some degree. IMO, Aang was a 'Jack of All, Master of None' -- for instance, he would never be able to Metal Bend or anything.

Quote:
~Face Stealer/Aang "we'll meet again" its way back but the face stealer did say this
Old old old though. No one cares all that much. Indicates a possibility they might fight in the future, writers may have just decided to go on to something else or just drop it completely.

Quote:
~100 years of Fire nation oppression and the world suddenly forgives the fire nation? nah thats way to easy...
Not necessarily. The Earth Kingdom stood for that long though -- they only fell for a few months near the end. Technically the only major group to be decimated by the Fire Nation was the Air Nomads, and the Southern Water Tribe

Quote:
~Iroh wife, we all know his son died
Really really not important at all. We can assume that she left him or possibly died after the death of their son. I would assume that it was after she left that Iroh went to the Spirit World which changed him. Possibly, who knows. One could also assume she simply passed away due to heartache or something.

However I think there will be a feature focusing on Iroh's Spirit Journey or something. Personally I figure it's a great turning point in his life or something.

I do hope that if we do get more Avatar shows/features they aren't all prequels.

-Neo

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 07-28-2008

BlizzForums Zero
Templar of the SC Forums
 Zero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Not really fair though. Aang might be a really good Air Bender but that doesn't mean he's the best -- Toph, Katara, Fire Lord Ozai/Azula/Iroh are all elite benders to some degree. IMO, Aang was a 'Jack of All, Master of None' -- for instance, he would never be able to Metal Bend or anything.
Doesn't the opening of each episode claim that the Avatar is a master of all four elements?

In one of the first season episodes, that flashes back 100 years, you see than Aang is particularly gifted in comparison to the other air-benders his age. And he's still young, too, and likely has much more to learn. There's no reason why, eventually, he couldn't master advanced bending techniques like electricity, sand and metal bending.

Zero has 8,376 Posts

"As a kid it was traumatic. It was one thing for your teacher to tell you that life was harsh for settlers headed West in the decades after the Louisiana Purchase. It was a lot more chilling to watch as your three children, "Boobs, Fart, and Winky" drowned in the Colorado river shortly before your wife died of diarrhea."
- Gamespy talking about the original Oregon Trail

pm.gif   

Old 07-28-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

He's the avatar though -- that means he can learn all four elements, however doesn't technically mean he could master all four. Certainly not within the time frame he had though. Besides that, Avatar State made that entirely useless anyway (why bother learning to metal bend if you can just go into Avatar State and kickass?)

And yes, there is no reason why he couldn't have masted Air Bending -- but at this point who's left to teach him? I assume it might be possible for him to eventually create his own special techniques, but bleh. That sort of goes back to what happens to air benders? WIth no air nomads left, isn't Aang the last?

-Neo

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 07-28-2008

Canada Starcraft-4-Life
∫e^x dx
 Starcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something right

ya i see the episode where kataara and zuko go on a life changing mission to find that old guy still living with his mom, given that this show is aimed towards children it doesn't seem right to give the wrong impression that there mother is dead. beside that crazy old guy didnt kill there mom they just took her somewhere

Starcraft2 is finally here...i pretty much wasted 10 years waiting for this game! let see during those 10 years i played 4 years of SC:BW, another 4 years of school and 2 years of ever wondering if they have even considered SC2

pm.gif   

Old 07-28-2008

BlizzForums Zero
Templar of the SC Forums
 Zero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starcraft-4-Life View Post
ya i see the episode where kataara and zuko go on a life changing mission to find that old guy still living with his mom, given that this show is aimed towards children it doesn't seem right to give the wrong impression that there mother is dead. beside that crazy old guy didnt kill there mom they just took her somewhere
I'm pretty sure the pirate killed her. I don't think it was like it was with Zuko, how he just never knew exactly what happened to his mom, but it was pretty clear that Kataara and Sokka's mother was actually dead. Obviously he killed her right then and there. In the episode of the flashback, he said his orders weren't to take the water-bender of that tribe as a prisoner. Not even taking that into account, IF she was taken alive, wouldn't he have said so when Kataara had him at her mercy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
He's the avatar though -- that means he can learn all four elements, however doesn't technically mean he could master all four. Certainly not within the time frame he had though. Besides that, Avatar State made that entirely useless anyway (why bother learning to metal bend if you can just go into Avatar State and kickass?)
The avatar state is not to be abused. Remember, if he is killed in the avatar state, it will destroy the line and there won't be another avatar born to the world. Besides, you haven't refuted the opening of every episode: "Only the avatar, the master of all four elements..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
And yes, there is no reason why he couldn't have masted Air Bending -- but at this point who's left to teach him? I assume it might be possible for him to eventually create his own special techniques, but bleh. That sort of goes back to what happens to air benders? WIth no air nomads left, isn't Aang the last?
His past lives can help instruct him.

Last edited by Zero; 07-28-2008 at 06:23 PM.
Zero has 8,376 Posts

"As a kid it was traumatic. It was one thing for your teacher to tell you that life was harsh for settlers headed West in the decades after the Louisiana Purchase. It was a lot more chilling to watch as your three children, "Boobs, Fart, and Winky" drowned in the Colorado river shortly before your wife died of diarrhea."

pm.gif   

Old 07-28-2008

Netherlands Adron
Fel Boar
 Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!

"Guru; The greatest illusion of this world, is the illusion of seperation [....] Aang: Like the four nations! Guru:Yes we are all one people, but we live as if divided"

My guess; there are people who can airbend in the other nations, they just need tutoring.
Just my weird theory.

to OP: yup...i watch(ed) it too -.-

Adron has 116 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-28-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!

True I suppose.

The tagline is just that though -- has Aang shown the ability to Metal Bend, or Blood Bend, or shoot lightning himself?

"Master of all Four Elements" to me just sort of means he could potentially master all four. Obviously in the first few episodes he's only good at Air Bending.

Well personally I think a really good movie or feature or something would be where Aang and friends find a secretive group of air nomads -- or unknown-to-this-time group of air benders (or a splinter group of air benders -- sort of like those swamp dudes y'know?) -- it always bothered me that Aang was the last surviving air bender. And it always confused me as to why, technically, someone couldn't fire and water bend -- it seems so strange that it's based on you're physical location and birth rather then skill level.

-Neo

Neo has 10,110 Posts

Old 07-29-2008

United States ninpo
BF Member
 ninpo is just really niceninpo is just really niceninpo is just really niceninpo is just really nice

?? "The Avatar, master of all four elements" means the Avatar is known for being a master of all four, otherwise Aang wouldn't have needed to do anything..?

Quote:

it's heavily implied that her mother is killed, just like it's heavily implied that Jet dies afterwards. they never show death, but they do talk about it, just like blood.

Quote:
Air -> ???
isn't there no advanced form of airbending cause everything basically comes from air? fire needs air to survive, water comes from air, and earth is formed from erosion and compaction

and you guys should watch these:
Book 4: Air
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiUtbcpjd8A

Q&A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXJ2IVLGcbo

Last edited by ninpo; 07-29-2008 at 12:33 AM.

pm.gif   

Old 07-29-2008

Canada Starcraft-4-Life
∫e^x dx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninpo View Post
interesting non the less you got me hyped up for nothing >_<

pm.gif   

Old 08-04-2008

United States Bullet2head
The Hammer of Dawn
 Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!

I have a question, what exactly happens in the fight between Ozai and Aang? I got to the part where he was holed up in the rock shell, but had to leave before I could finish it... What happened?

Or better yet, provide a link, I can't find the episode ANYWHERE

Bullet2head has 12,009 Posts

Thanks Bliss for the sig!
Spoiler (highlight to reveal text)
Haha you looked. Fag

pm.gif   

Old 08-04-2008

BlizzForums Zero
Templar of the SC Forums

Fight spoiler:

Ozai blasts through his rock shield throwing back into a rock wall that has a small spike poking out of it and hits the scar on his back (what auto-summons his avatar state). A bunch of rocks falls on him. Ozai leans over to check and avatar-state Aang grabs by the goatee, throws him back into a rock pillar, and then completes owns hims for the last part of the battle. Pretty awesome watching the self-proclaimed Phoenix King flying away trying to escape Aang like a pansy. Avatar-state Aang earth-bends him to the top of a pillar and is about to kill him, when he stops, and exits the avatar state. He tries to let him go, but Ozai attacks. Aang restrains him again and then takes away his bending like the lion turtle taught him about. And that was the end of the fight.

Fun to watch, you really need to catch it. I recorded a commercial-free version, but it extended over to the next episode, so I missed about five between the end of the fight and the post-fight scenes. Kinda irritated, but I didn't miss anything important.

Zero has 8,376 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 08-05-2008

United States Bullet2head
The Hammer of Dawn
 Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!

Just watch it on youtube, and the entire time I was watching I was thinking "WHY THE FUCK CAN'T I DO THAT"

Anyway, it'd be a shame if they ended it here... I really love this show.

Bullet2head has 12,009 Posts

Thanks Bliss for the sig!
Spoiler (highlight to reveal text)
Haha you looked. Fag

pm.gif   

Old 08-05-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!

Supposed to be getting a few "featurettes" or something. Like Iroh's spirit world journey and such.

I'd hate if they were all prequels though.

-Neo

Neo has 10,110 Posts

Old 08-05-2008

BlizzForums Zero
Templar of the SC Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Supposed to be getting a few "featurettes" or something. Like Iroh's spirit world journey and such.

I'd hate if they were all prequels though.

-Neo
Agreed. I want to know what happened to Zuko's mother, what happened to Azula after going insane, and if Toph reconciled with her parents.

Zero has 8,376 Posts

pm.gif