Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

View Poll Results: What do you think
It's a good idea. 1 1.96%
No! 43 84.31%
Good idea but change some things. (suggestions) 4 7.84%
No idea. 3 5.88%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2007

Poland spychi
Twilight Spychi
 spychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too much
Default [Discussion] Infested Ghost controlling over the swarm instead of Overlords.

What do you think should Kerrigan Infested Ghosts should be a controlling replacemant for the Overlords, still Overlords would be able to detect and transport.
Or this idea really doesn't fit to the lore?
Feel free to discuss and vote!

Pozdro 600.

spychi has 3,254 Posts

Hidden Content:

The true epicness of StarCraft, StarCraft 2 and Mass Effect.
Interstella 5555
The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem

pm.gif   

Old 10-27-2007

Croatia ZergMcNugget
404The Error of the Beast
 ZergMcNugget reigns supremeZergMcNugget reigns supremeZergMcNugget reigns supremeZergMcNugget reigns supremeZergMcNugget reigns supremeZergMcNugget reigns supremeZergMcNugget reigns supremeZergMcNugget reigns supremeZergMcNugget reigns supremeZergMcNugget reigns supremeZergMcNugget reigns supreme

No.

Overlords are one of the greatest units in game and Blizz will not so easily replace them with ghosts.

ZergMcNugget has 862 Posts

If atheism is religion than bycicles are type of cars.

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to ZergMcNugget  

Old 10-27-2007

Canada Kimera757*
The Last Cerebrate
 Kimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of win

Seeing how rare Infested Ghosts would be, they couldn't replace Overlords. I think Infested Ghosts - if they indeed exist - would act more like Cerebrates (although capable of movement and combat).

StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay.

Three products = one game plus two expansions.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

pm.gif   

Old 10-27-2007

Poland spychi
Twilight Spychi
 spychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimera757* View Post
Seeing how rare Infested Ghosts would be, they couldn't replace Overlords. I think Infested Ghosts - if they indeed exist - would act more like Cerebrates (although capable of movement and combat).
Just like Duran, yeah thought of that and I also think that Overlords are too Zergy and leaving them without control it's a bad idea so I've choosed third option.
Sugessted by SCA forum.

Edited: Reason >.> noobs
Pozdro 600.

Last edited by spychi; 10-27-2007 at 12:36 PM.
spychi has 3,254 Posts

Hidden Content:

Interstella 5555

pm.gif   

Old 10-27-2007

India Lord Kungai
Fury of the Swarm
 Lord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of win

NO!

The Overlords are much, much, much more powerful and useful than humans ever could be as controllers of the zerg. Also, ghosts have meager psionic potential as compared to Overlords.

Lord Kungai has 1,712 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 10-27-2007

Canada Kimera757*
The Last Cerebrate
 Kimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kungai View Post
NO!

The Overlords are much, much, much more powerful and useful than humans ever could be as controllers of the zerg. Also, ghosts have meager psionic potential as compared to Overlords.
Overlords oversee the Zerg using a form of instinctive telepathy. They are not powerful psychics - at least, they're not more powerful than Ghosts, as they have no psychic abilities beyond communication.

There's already a similar hierarchy:

Infested Ghost (Kerrigan)
|
Overlord

StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

pm.gif   

Old 10-27-2007

United States Sponge
Whos got the fangs?
 Sponge is a god among mere mortalsSponge is a god among mere mortalsSponge is a god among mere mortalsSponge is a god among mere mortalsSponge is a god among mere mortalsSponge is a god among mere mortalsSponge is a god among mere mortalsSponge is a god among mere mortalsSponge is a god among mere mortalsSponge is a god among mere mortalsSponge is a god among mere mortals

ya but the overmind infested kerry, and im not sure if she knows how to infest people like the overmind does. And it took like a week or whatever for her ass to hatch and she drew like 3 army to kill her....and having to go through that any time we need an extra supply? although i hope that infested terrans play a bigger role, i dont think its plausible to have them running the army.

Sponge has 373 Posts

I got the fangs.
Thanks to
Meteora for the sig/avy

pm.gif   

Old 10-27-2007

Canada Kimera757*
The Last Cerebrate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sponge View Post
ya but the overmind infested kerry, and im not sure if she knows how to infest people like the overmind does. And it took like a week or whatever for her ass to hatch and she drew like 3 army to kill her....and having to go through that any time we need an extra supply? although i hope that infested terrans play a bigger role, i dont think its plausible to have them running the army.
Kerrigan has been trying to create new, smarter Infested Terrans. This is covered in StarCraft: Hybrid (a short story). She made progress, but we don't know if she'll actually succeed.

The next time StarCraft Legacy does a lore interview, I hope they ask something about Infested Terrans.

pm.gif   

Old 10-27-2007

Canada countchocula86
Chocolate God
 countchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of win

Quote:
This thread and poll is from higher level than I.
Why are you always saying this kind of thing? Do you actually know anything? I cant remember actually hearing anything youve said come to fruition. I think youre a tease :P

countchocula86 has 1,599 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://mylifeforauir.com/
Any sentence that begins with “Protoss cannot” is a flat out lie. Protoss can.

pm.gif   

Old 10-27-2007

Poland spychi
Twilight Spychi

Quote:
Originally Posted by countchocula86 View Post
Why are you always saying this kind of thing? Do you actually know anything? I cant remember actually hearing anything youve said come to fruition. I think youre a tease :P
That hits me, "higher level" from our polish sites, because they vere curious about it.

None of them are from blizzard.
And what I said never come to fruition? example please, and if you'll find I will be off this SC2 forum till SC2 will be released.
Pozdro 600.

Last edited by spychi; 10-27-2007 at 12:41 PM.
spychi has 3,254 Posts

Hidden Content:

Interstella 5555

pm.gif   

Old 10-27-2007

India Lord Kungai
Fury of the Swarm
 Lord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of winLord Kungai is made of win

Quote:
Overlords oversee the Zerg using a form of instinctive telepathy. They are not powerful psychics - at least, they're not more powerful than Ghosts, as they have no psychic abilities beyond communication.
Hmm...

AFAIK Overlords are supposed to be capable of communicating/ordering over huge distances, as well as directing powerful psionic commands to units. This is something that no Ghost except for Kerrigan has been known to be capable of. Also, Overlords are possibly capable of using a form of psionic propulsion for space travel.

I don't see the need for Blizz to come up with an infested ghost like unit to do such stuff... I figured that if an infested terran dopes show up, it'll be a type of spellcaster. Morik FTW...!

pm.gif   

Old 10-27-2007

Canada Kimera757*
The Last Cerebrate

Quote:
Hmm...

AFAIK Overlords are supposed to be capable of communicating/ordering over huge distances, as well as directing powerful psionic commands to units. This is something that no Ghost except for Kerrigan has been known to be capable of. Also, Overlords are possibly capable of using a form of psionic propulsion for space travel.

I don't see the need for Blizz to come up with an infested ghost like unit to do such stuff... I figured that if an infested terran dopes show up, it'll be a type of spellcaster. Morik FTW...!
I'm not saying that Blizzard will use Infested Ghosts (beyond Kerrigan) in the storyline, just that they can.

Overlords are quite good at what they do, I agree, but they seem to only be good at that, at least from what little we know of them from lore. I don't think they use psionics to move, though; why would Vespene-based propulsion be more efficient than psionic propulsion?

Alternatively, Kerrigan could just dip some Overlords in terrazine to give them greater psionic powers.

pm.gif   

Old 10-27-2007

Poland spychi
Twilight Spychi

A high tier unit that would control more units and with special abilitys.
How it sounds?

Pozdro 600.

spychi has 3,254 Posts

Hidden Content:

Interstella 5555

pm.gif   

Old 10-27-2007

India Lord Kungai
Fury of the Swarm

Quote:
I'm not saying that Blizzard will use Infested Ghosts (beyond Kerrigan) in the storyline, just that they can.
Fair enough.

Quote:
Overlords are quite good at what they do, I agree, but they seem to only be good at that, at least from what little we know of them from lore. I don't think they use psionics to move, though; why would Vespene-based propulsion be more efficient than psionic propulsion?

Alternatively, Kerrigan could just dip some Overlords in terrazine to give them greater psionic powers.
According to the lore, Zerus had no vespane gas. Vespane was discovered only in the Korpulu sector.

Also, the Overlord can't hover using only gaseous propulsion - it'll run out of gas too fast. Also, the physics are all wrong. I mean, can you imagine an elephant sustainng flight by farting? Not to mention that all the surrounding zerg will die...

Also, the Overlord is supposed to have formidable psionic potent, which could have been bolstered by the zerg hyperevolutionary virus. So it would only make sense if the gigantis proximae and the mantis screamer had psionic propulsion systems that the Overmind enhanced when incorporating them into the swarm to form the Overlord and the Mutalisk...

pm.gif   

Old 10-27-2007

Canada Kimera757*
The Last Cerebrate

Quote:
According to the lore, Zerus had no vespane gas. Vespane was discovered only in the Korpulu sector.
I don't know if it says that anywhere. Vespene didn't exist in the Earth Sector, and Doran Routhe figured there might be new resources away from Earth.

Quote:
Also, the Overlord can't hover using only gaseous propulsion - it'll run out of gas too fast. Also, the physics are all wrong. I mean, can you imagine an elephant sustainng flight by farting? Not to mention that all the surrounding zerg will die...
Vespene is Zerg food, but more importantly, until you can answer how does the Mutalisk fly in space, this argument doesn't make sense.

Quote:
Also, the Overlord is supposed to have formidable psionic potent, which could have been bolstered by the zerg hyperevolutionary virus. So it would only make sense if the gigantis proximae and the mantis screamer had psionic propulsion systems that the Overmind enhanced when incorporating them into the swarm to form the Overlord and the Mutalisk...
Let's see what the manual says about this.

Quote:
The Queens oversaw Drone activity throughout the resource lines of the Hives and kept a vigilant watch over the budding spore colonies of the collective. In times of battle, Cerebrates called upon the Overlords to directly relay their commands to the myriad warriors of the swarm. Overlords not only transported Zerg warriors into the fray, but also directed their attacks against their enemies.
Quote:
A race of gargantuan, space-faring life forms passed through the Zerus system, and the Overmind called to them. Drawn to the barren world Blizzard Entertainment by this beacon, they were quickly assimilated by the swarm. The inclusion of super-dense hides and the ability to exist in a vacuum bolstered the genetic pool of the swarm. Soon the Zerg warriors were conditioned to survive the harshness of space.
I figure these space-farers were the ancestors of the Overlord (though they could be the Behemoths mentioned in Shadow of the Xel'Naga instead). So far we can tell that they might have been sensitive to psionics; or maybe the Overmind did all that work there.

Quote:
Through the intimate knowledge of evolution and proto-genetic physiology
gained from the Xel’Naga, the Overmind was able to increase the level of sentience
in many of the higher Zerg strains, while still keeping them fully under its control.
My "proof" that Overlords are sentient. Not very good proof unfortunately

Quote:
The Zerg Overmind maintains a constant psionic link with its servants, but in
order to issue commands on an individual level, it must use Overlords to relay its
orders to the other Zerg breeds. A Zerg colony cannot grow beyond the collective
ability of all Overlords to provide the necessary amount of Control. The current
level of Control is always displayed in the upper right hand corner of the Main
Screen, and selecting any individual Overlord will also display the current level of
Control required and provided.
Quote:
The semi-intelligent, space-faring behemoths known as the Gargantis Proximae were inducted into the Swarm so that their heightened senses could benefit Zerg warriors in battle. The Gargantis flyers were assimilated into the Swarm so well that the Cerebrates use them to maintain control over their forces. Overlords keep the warriors of the swarm ordered and coordinated during battle, and with their enhanced senses they often serve as advanced scouts. They have the innate ability to sense any hidden enemy units, including those under the effects of cloaking systems or distortion fields.
Quote:
Like the Larvae, Drones are controlled by the Overlords who monitor their progress through a type of instinctive telepathy.
Overlords are psychic. Where does it say they're formidable psychics? They act like radios and maybe commanders. If the Overmind could have pushed their psionic potential further, it would have done so.

pm.gif