Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2007

United States The Weird One
 The Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of win
Default Re: Protoss Units Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huluwa View Post
Why fix something that's not broken? The fans are happy with how the races differ in Starcraft 1, so they don't need a change, except for some graphics upgrade and added abilities - not replacing the old with the new. New races with new units can be introduced that make the sequel different.
OK... They have a good reason to do it. To progress storyline and it's not their style to do it half assed. I think they are taking on a challenge and may end up being happy about it in the end. I mean when they replaced Dragoons with Immortals they did it for storyline reasons, they want you to feel Starcraft has progressed 4 years.

The Weird One has 2,269 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-22-2007

United States Huluwa
BF Member
 Huluwa is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weird One View Post
OK... They have a good reason to do it. To progress storyline and it's not their style to do it half assed. I think they are taking on a challenge and may end up being happy about it in the end. I mean when they replaced Dragoons with Immortals they did it for storyline reasons, they want you to feel Starcraft has progressed 4 years.
New abilities and new races are progress enough. Dragoons are so like the Protoss, while Immortals look more like Terran. I don't take the destruction of the Protoss homeworld means the end of the Dragoon as a good excuse for their replacement.

Huluwa has 157 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-22-2007

Norway Dauntless
In all his Reaverness
 Dauntless has a brilliant futureDauntless has a brilliant futureDauntless has a brilliant futureDauntless has a brilliant futureDauntless has a brilliant futureDauntless has a brilliant futureDauntless has a brilliant futureDauntless has a brilliant futureDauntless has a brilliant futureDauntless has a brilliant futureDauntless has a brilliant future

Maybe progress enough for you. But I want to play a new game with the same feeling as SC1. Not with all the same units.
They're not trying to "fix" SC, they're just inventing something new. The RTS genre hasn't had truly revolutionary new game in ages. Blizzard is the only company able to once again revolutionize the RTS genere. (As Westwood has been eaten by the EA monster.)

Dauntless has 685 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-22-2007

United States Huluwa
BF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauntless View Post
Maybe progress enough for you. But I want to play a new game with the same feeling as SC1. Not with all the same units.
They're not trying to "fix" SC, they're just inventing something new. The RTS genre hasn't had truly revolutionary new game in ages. Blizzard is the only company able to once again revolutionize the RTS genere. (As Westwood has been eaten by the EA monster.)
The old units like reavers, dragoons, dark templars, and carrirers all have excellent strategic values. They are also very much like the Protoss. Starcraft 2 tries to remake the original, and that is unnecessary. Some new racial powers/abilities and a new race or two will be better.

Huluwa has 157 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-22-2007

The Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of win

Huluwa, we can't argue opinion and it's most likely not going to go your way.

pm.gif   

Old 05-22-2007

United States Bullet2head
The Hammer of Dawn
 Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!

They can't fix Sc because it isn't broken. We love Sc for the way it feels, the units it has, the storyline, and just because it's so simple yet so complex at the exact same time. They've taken some of these things away from Sc, end of story.

Bullet2head has 12,009 Posts

Thanks Bliss for the sig!
Spoiler (highlight to reveal text)
Haha you looked. Fag

pm.gif   

Old 05-22-2007

Canada RODTHEGOD
Rise of the Black Leaf
 RODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too long

but they might be adding new things in to give it a different but equal feel

RODTHEGOD has 1,283 Posts

Its Only a matter of time

pm.gif   

Old 05-22-2007

United States philmeup
BF Member
 philmeup is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Huluwa, we can't argue opinion and it's most likely not going to go your way.
He's incredibly stubborn. We make a point, then he refutes. Obviously, SCII won't be his friend later on.

pm.gif   

Old 05-22-2007

United States Bullet2head
The Hammer of Dawn
 Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RODTHEGOD View Post
but they might be adding new things in to give it a different but equal feel
But not the one we fell in love with.

Bullet2head has 12,009 Posts

Thanks Bliss for the sig!
Spoiler (highlight to reveal text)
Haha you looked. Fag

pm.gif   

Old 05-22-2007

Canada RODTHEGOD
Rise of the Black Leaf
 RODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too long

well ofcoarse that bit is obvoius but i think blizzard will make another game we will fall inlove with but make it still have that starcraft feel

like when i first saw the new protoss stuff i was like "those are alright, cool stuff, but i'm gonna miss some things"
now that i let this stuff grow on me i'm like " you know what, this stuff is pretty fuckin cool, i am gonna miss some old stuff, but this stuff is pretty fuckin cool"

RODTHEGOD has 1,283 Posts

Its Only a matter of time

pm.gif   

Old 05-22-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by philmeup View Post
He's incredibly stubborn. We make a point, then he refutes. Obviously, SCII won't be his friend later on.
I could stand it if he took more of a neutral stance other then he thinks everyone agrees with him, or they just follow their master around. It's opinion, one of my worst fears when SC2 would be announced was "Would I like the game?" I knew there was the chance I wouldn't and other people would. It's just the way it works.

pm.gif   

Old 05-22-2007

United States SigmaEpsilon
Lurker
 SigmaEpsilon has a brilliant futureSigmaEpsilon has a brilliant futureSigmaEpsilon has a brilliant futureSigmaEpsilon has a brilliant futureSigmaEpsilon has a brilliant futureSigmaEpsilon has a brilliant futureSigmaEpsilon has a brilliant futureSigmaEpsilon has a brilliant futureSigmaEpsilon has a brilliant futureSigmaEpsilon has a brilliant futureSigmaEpsilon has a brilliant future

Three overloaded Phoenixes took out about eight Mutalisks in seconds... That seems reasonably strong to me.

SigmaEpsilon has 230 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to SigmaEpsilon Send a message via Yahoo to SigmaEpsilon 

Old 05-22-2007

United States Huluwa
BF Member

Quote:
I could stand it if he took more of a neutral stance other then he thinks everyone agrees with him, or they just follow their master around. It's opinion, one of my worst fears when SC2 would be announced was "Would I like the game?" I knew there was the chance I wouldn't and other people would. It's just the way it works.
I like the original and I think everyone agrees with that. I'm also suggesting Blizzard shouldn't remake the game that we first enjoyed playing, like bullet2head said. Rather, some new abilites, better graphics, and a new race or two should be introduced as a sequel.

Last edited by Huluwa; 05-22-2007 at 10:27 PM.
Huluwa has 157 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-22-2007

Canada countchocula86
Chocolate God
 countchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of win

This isnt he appropriate thread, try to leave this one clear for Protoss unit discussion (yeah, I know I posted earlier lol, but I'm tryin to make amends)

countchocula86 has 1,599 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-22-2007

United States .Jackal
Fuerza De Liberacion
 .Jackal is a name known to all.Jackal is a name known to all.Jackal is a name known to all.Jackal is a name known to all.Jackal is a name known to all.Jackal is a name known to all.Jackal is a name known to all.Jackal is a name known to all.Jackal is a name known to all.Jackal is a name known to all.Jackal is a name known to all

Dragoons are still alive, they're called Stalkers.

The only difference is that the Stalkers can blink.

And according to Blizzard, Stalkers are "Dark Dragoons".

.Jackal has 3,315 Posts

Iíve always wanted
To eat glass with you again

pm.gif   
Closed Thread