Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Warcraft Discussion & Strategy

Warcraft Discussion & Strategy Research and Discuss to Win.

Old 07-04-2006

United States Darth Maul
Mongoloids for Palin
 Darth Maul reigns supremeDarth Maul reigns supremeDarth Maul reigns supremeDarth Maul reigns supremeDarth Maul reigns supremeDarth Maul reigns supremeDarth Maul reigns supremeDarth Maul reigns supremeDarth Maul reigns supremeDarth Maul reigns supremeDarth Maul reigns supreme
Default I jst bought WoW!!

Yep. Sure did. I figure if it is on sale for $19.99 I better jump on that. I don't have an account yet (no credit card or prepaid card, but I will buy one tomorrow), but I was wondering what character class would be best to choose. I don't really have much knowledge of the Warcraft universe, so all help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Darth Maul has 6,483 Posts

Thanks Diaboli for the sig.

Nintendo Wii Friend Code: 3541 1146 1229 0704

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Darth Maul  

Old 07-04-2006

United States Enforcerman
Blizzforums Owner
 Enforcerman has a spectacular aura aboutEnforcerman has a spectacular aura about

Make a warrior. They kill stuff fast :P

pm.gif   

Old 07-04-2006

Canada KP
Words Will Never Hurt You
 KP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Maul
Yep. Sure did. I figure if it is on sale for $19.99 I better jump on that. I don't have an account yet (no credit card or prepaid card, but I will buy one tomorrow), but I was wondering what character class would be best to choose. I don't really have much knowledge of the Warcraft universe, so all help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Lol make what I call a 'needed' class. Priest/warrior etc. Even if you suck early in the game you will play with enough groups that you will learn about tanking, healing etc. Then you can play some of the solo classes, and the best part is you might even know about line of sight by then too :P.

KP has 9,752 Posts

How To Get Around the Red Ring of Death Without Losing Your Xbox for two weeks
http://www.1227.com/

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to KP Send a message via MSN to KP  

Old 07-04-2006

United States Kassad
Serenity Now
 Kassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightened

I know this may be the wrong time, but is the game really worth getting? I mean, in the whole game an online thing or am I misunderstanding?

Kassad has 5,080 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Kassad  

Old 07-04-2006

United States Redcloak
Lord of Legacy
 Redcloak is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Redcloak is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Redcloak is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Redcloak is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Redcloak is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Redcloak is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Redcloak is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Redcloak is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Redcloak is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Redcloak is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Redcloak is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!

Kassad, 6.5 million people feel like it's worth paying a monthly fee for. So is it "just an online thing". Yeah, however, these "just online games" usually have considerably more content than any offline game can because of the money they're getting hand over fist each month.

Redcloak has 13,393 Posts

~Redcloak
10 Years with the Legacy Network

Unlikely to return. Have fun my children.

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to Redcloak  

Old 07-04-2006

United States Exedore
Forum Elder
 Exedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant future

Darth Maul, read the class descriptions on the website and see what you like. Leveling a character in WoW isn't too difficult, so if you find you dont like what you picked, you can start over again without a lot of time wasted.

Classes in WoW basically fall into three categories when you start grouping: tank, healer, and DPS (damage per second). Tanking is done mostly by warriors, but other classes may be able to fill in at times. Priests are your main healers, with druids a little behind and with slightly different abilities. Shaman and Paladins can do back-up healing, but it's not their forte. Every other class is DPS, which varying degrees of CC (crowd control) abilities like polymorph. DPS classes are generally easier to play, mostly because their roles are straightforward.

Exedore has 752 Posts

Memories that are important to you. Precious memories you can't sweep aside even if you want to.
-- Hoshino Ruri

World of Warcraft: Kirrena - 70 Paladin @ Shattered Hand, Harumi - 70 Warrior @ Shattered Hand

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to Exedore Send a message via AIM to Exedore  

Old 07-05-2006

Canada Bred
Ich Bin Brot
 Bred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulz

Roll a Character on the server Scilla! It's about 2 months old so not everyone is running around in Naxx gear, and we can level together ;p

Give me a tell in game if you decide to, Char's name is Hulio.

Bred has 8,696 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-05-2006

United States Tim-and-Carl
 Tim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than you

Pick a warrior if you want to have easy and fun pvp.

Pick a priest if you want to get into groups easily.

Pick a warlock if you don't want to go through the agony of saving up gold to buy mounts (buying mounts suck ass, they are the most expensive non-auction house items in the game, and unfortunately a necessary item).

Pick a paladin if you find any interest in them at all, because if you ever decide to make a second 60 and you choose your 2nd as a paladin, you're most likely going to get bored of it very, very fast.

Pick a rogue if you want your life to be easy and want to see lots of pretty damage numbers.

Pick a druid if you want to heal and actually have FUN.

Pick a mage if you want to see the best DPS (damage per second) in the game, but be warned: You will have to make water for everyone in every group you ever do an instance with, in other words you will be labeled a WATER BITCH as long as you play a mage. And believe me, it isn't the most appreciated work. Also, if you join a pvp server, prepare to die a lot if you get ganked, especially in one to two shots.

Pick a hunter if you want to solo elite monsters and if you ever want a reliable to always get your vengeance in WoW. A hunter is the easiest to wipe a group with and still live.

Tim-and-Carl has 1,830 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Tim-and-Carl  

Old 07-06-2006

United States Saritor
BF Member
 Saritor is obviously doing something rightSaritor is obviously doing something rightSaritor is obviously doing something rightSaritor is obviously doing something rightSaritor is obviously doing something rightSaritor is obviously doing something rightSaritor is obviously doing something rightSaritor is obviously doing something rightSaritor is obviously doing something rightSaritor is obviously doing something rightSaritor is obviously doing something right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim-and-Carl
Pick a warrior if you want to have easy and fun pvp.
You forgot to mention that you have to spend lots and lots of time farming gear to make this possible =p

Saritor has 163 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-06-2006

United States Tim-and-Carl
 Tim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than you

Oh yeah, saritor pointed out something big about warriors.

If you pick one, you will NEVER EVER EVER EVER have enough bag space. Be ready to carry around up to several sets of armor (tanking, DPS, nature resist, fire resist, frost resist, etc.) and be ready to switch each set out frequently.

And let's not forget that twill set you have to lug around to fool unsuspecting members of the opposite side.

Tim-and-Carl has 1,830 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Tim-and-Carl  

Old 07-06-2006

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Eros
 Eros is a name known to allEros is a name known to allEros is a name known to allEros is a name known to allEros is a name known to allEros is a name known to allEros is a name known to allEros is a name known to allEros is a name known to allEros is a name known to allEros is a name known to all

Dude, TNC, when did you come back? I miss the flame wars from forever ago<3

As for Darth - read through the class descriptions that come with the book or on the WoW website to get a very general idea of what each class does and how it operates. If you have any friends who are already playing the game, make sure to hit them up for some advice'n'such.

Eros has 11,242 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-06-2006

United States Saritor
BF Member
 Saritor is obviously doing something rightSaritor is obviously doing something rightSaritor is obviously doing something rightSaritor is obviously doing something rightSaritor is obviously doing something rightSaritor is obviously doing something rightSaritor is obviously doing something rightSaritor is obviously doing something rightSaritor is obviously doing something rightSaritor is obviously doing something rightSaritor is obviously doing something right

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/ - This is the link to the official WoW game guide made by blizzard just in case you were having difficulty finding it

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/ - This is the link of class descriptions that everyone has been talking about.

Saritor has 163 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-06-2006

United States Typhun
Mr. 69 (and counting)
 Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...

I've played Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, and Lock to 60 now. They are a god damned blast. All of em are fun, however, Warrior requires teh most work to get to be fun at 60. Most gear dependent class in the game.

Typhun has 6,314 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Typhun Send a message via MSN to Typhun