Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat > Works-In-Progress

Works-In-Progress Help for any authors or musicians seeking constructive criticism.

Old 02-06-2007

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country p3ngu!n
Forum Elder
 p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!
Default It was just a dream, right?

and so she grabs me by my arm and drags me to her books
stops to gaze into my cold, broken stare
she looks to her side and suddenly it's
"you've tougher than expected."

and so she stares at me deeply, newly,
stops to creep, ever closer, slowly,
her lips only whispers from my own she stops
it was just another heart-tease

Poem I wrote just yesterday... thoughts? Comments?

p3ngu!n has 11,118 Posts

Most Sweetest Signature/Avatar Winner 2008

pm.gif   

Old 02-06-2007

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country p3ngu!n
Forum Elder
 p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!
Default Re: It was just a dream, right?

Uhm, who moved this? This isn't a WIP... meh... I guess it fits here better.

p3ngu!n has 11,118 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-07-2007

United States interceptor
Formerly Prestige
 interceptor is unstoppable!interceptor is unstoppable!interceptor is unstoppable!interceptor is unstoppable!interceptor is unstoppable!interceptor is unstoppable!interceptor is unstoppable!interceptor is unstoppable!interceptor is unstoppable!interceptor is unstoppable!interceptor is unstoppable!

I like it, it's a great poem. I can actually feel the emotion in it, unlike a lot of retards who write poems and don't put anything into them at all. Only thing I can see wrong with it is the last line of the first stanza.. it should be "you're" instead of "you've".

interceptor has 1,233 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to interceptor  

Old 02-07-2007

Forum Elder

No. It's meant to be read in your mind as either you've [become] tougher than [i] expected or [you're] tougher than [i] expected or if your imagination allows it you've [got strength i never thought you could have, i underestimated you] but that might be giving away too much.

That's how it came out when I woke up from that dream. So that's how I wrote it. It was quite intentional.

p3ngu!n has 11,118 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-07-2007

United States Meghan
I'll google your yahoo.
 Meghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than you

I like it. It's personal without getting TOO personal. But, honestly, at first I kinda thought it was going to be a naughty poem. hehe. I was kinda hoping it WAS a naighty poem.

Meghan has 9,701 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Meghan Send a message via MSN to Meghan  

Old 02-08-2007

Forum Elder

Aye. Thanks. It's a very personal poem but I hope I kept it unclear enough that it can apply to many situations.

p3ngu!n has 11,118 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-08-2007

United States interceptor
Formerly Prestige
 interceptor is unstoppable!interceptor is unstoppable!interceptor is unstoppable!interceptor is unstoppable!interceptor is unstoppable!interceptor is unstoppable!interceptor is unstoppable!interceptor is unstoppable!interceptor is unstoppable!interceptor is unstoppable!interceptor is unstoppable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3ngu!n View Post
No. It's meant to be read in your mind as either you've [become] tougher than [i] expected or [you're] tougher than [i] expected or if your imagination allows it you've [got strength i never thought you could have, i underestimated you] but that might be giving away too much.

That's how it came out when I woke up from that dream. So that's how I wrote it. It was quite intentional.
Ah, alright. My mistake.. sorry about that. I hesitated before saying anything cause I thought it might be intentional.. but I didn't want to be an ass if it was a mistake.

interceptor has 1,233 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to interceptor  

Old 02-08-2007

Forum Elder

Hahaha don't worry, it's constructive criticism. Just looking out in case there's a mistake. That's not a bad thing.

p3ngu!n has 11,118 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-08-2007

United States Meghan
I'll google your yahoo.
 Meghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than you

I thought your poem was beautiful, master.

Meghan has 9,701 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Meghan Send a message via MSN to Meghan  

Old 02-09-2007

United States Demon of Legends
BF Member
 Demon of Legends is a jewel in the roughDemon of Legends is a jewel in the roughDemon of Legends is a jewel in the roughDemon of Legends is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3ngu!n View Post

"you've tougher than expected."

her lips only whispers from my own she stops

These are my favorite stanzas. I like the first one a lot because I can actually hear it being said. (if that makes sense and doesn't sound dumb).

I like the second because at first I had no idea what it meant, because i never thought that whispers was a term relative to distance (assuming "from my own" means your lips as well) but i like how it flows.

To be honest, I did not think much of it through a first read, but after the second, it sorta stuck to me.

nice

Demon of Legends has 504 Posts

~!tuO ecaeP~
Archers in your arches, raise your fingers for one last salute... And bleed this skyline dry. Your history is mine. ~Funeral For A Friend

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Demon of Legends Send a message via MSN to Demon of Legends  

Old 02-09-2007

United States LordofAscension
Rule Through Vengence
 LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...

I agree. Very nice Felix. I like it - a lot!

~LoA

LordofAscension has 6,163 Posts

Beloved.

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to LordofAscension  

Old 02-09-2007

Forum Elder

you've [grown] tougher than [i] expected
her lips only whispers from my own [lips] she stops

Are what the two verses are supposed to be best understood as.

And thanks, both of yas. I'm really not a poet at all... that poem was just the product of a dream/nightmare. I'm literally telling the dream like it happened. When I woke up it just flowed through my head so I typed it up before I could forget. That's how it came out.

p3ngu!n has 11,118 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-09-2007

United States Demon of Legends
BF Member
 Demon of Legends is a jewel in the roughDemon of Legends is a jewel in the roughDemon of Legends is a jewel in the roughDemon of Legends is a jewel in the rough

Maybe next time I have a fucked up dream (every night) I shoudl try writing out what happened.. Hmmm interesting concept.

Oh yea, there is one tiny little problem- when i wake up, im fucking tired, and when im tired, I don't write - i just go back to sleep. I highly doubt i would be able to acomplish what you have penguin. Nice work.

Damn, too bad.

Demon of Legends has 504 Posts

~!tuO ecaeP~
Archers in your arches, raise your fingers for one last salute... And bleed this skyline dry. Your history is mine. ~Funeral For A Friend

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Demon of Legends Send a message via MSN to Demon of Legends