Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2009

United States TychusFindlayII
BF Member
 TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!
Default Re: Dawn of War 2 Not the Holy Grail REVIEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caine View Post
your words
.... yes ... That means I remember the faces of the character in Dawn Of War. What does this have to do with anything? The characters that were in the campaign have faces in which I remember very clearly. I said nothing more. What does this have to do with anything? All I said was that if I were shown pictures of the characters in the campaign I would recognize them even though I can't remember their names. I never said I recognized the faces of the characters you listed.

@Triceron: Stop reading my posts. You can't understand them ... not that they're overly complex or anything ... I can't understand why ...

I never said Dawn Of War 2 was a bad game. I never said it was any kind of game. I only said I'm not interested in it because of the people who like it (I'm basing my tastes on theirs), the gameplay videos and written previews I've seen, the reviews I've seen, past experience with similiar RTS and past Relic RTS, and Relic's style of RTS. What's wrong with this? Do you honestly expect someone to try out each new FPS to see if they'll start liking them when they've never liked a single FPS in the past? No. Surely you don't believe this. You just, again, didn't understand what I was saying.

I await the negative rep, Triceron. I know how you love to give it to those you don't understand or disagree with.

Last edited by TychusFindlayII; 02-09-2009 at 02:56 PM.
TychusFindlayII has 262 Posts

Blizzard Entertainment is not responsible for any pain or suffering resulting from personal needs for specific products, applications, or information regarding said products in which Blizzard owns rights, equities or personal interest in. Blizzard Entertainment reserves the right to withhold any information it deems not necessary or too awesome to release at this time regardless of any individual's proclaiming any threats towards their personal safety or the safety of any others.

pm.gif   

Old 02-09-2009

United States Triceron
BF Member
 Triceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatness

You haven't given your own opinion on the matter on how the game is on your standards. Everything you've stated has been a product of other people's opinions. I don't want to understand your posts, I'm simply invalidating what you're saying because it's nonsense.

Triceron has 871 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-09-2009

United States TychusFindlayII
BF Member
 TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!

Triceron .. Listen to me carefully ...

I DON'T HAVE AN OPINION ON THE GAME!!!

I don't have one and I haven't given one. What are you talking about? Where would I get one to post here without wasting money on a game I'm pretty sure I won't like? Also, my "opinion" (It's not an opinion; it's an observation) is based on several factors besides other people's opinions. This simple statement of yours proves you either can't understand what I'm saying or haven't even bothered to read them.

TychusFindlayII has 262 Posts

Blizzard Entertainment is not responsible for any pain or suffering resulting from personal needs for specific products, applications, or information regarding said products in which Blizzard owns rights, equities or personal interest in. Blizzard Entertainment reserves the right to withhold any information it deems not necessary or too awesome to release at this time regardless of any individual's proclaiming any threats towards their personal safety or the safety of any others.

pm.gif   

Old 02-09-2009

United States Triceron
BF Member
 Triceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatness

Look.

What you are perpetuating is that the game is bad based on a few sources. These sources include game reviews, in which the rating system has been skewed by your perception of its standard to rate 86 as laughably terrible (your own words); and from devout fans who have disowned the franchise upon playing the game.

I understand these are not your opinions, but your argument is there. You're trying to say the game isn't the best around, understandable. But you've also gone beyond that and are saying the game is terrible. You say it is terrible and you have not given your own opinion on the game.

I'm simply pointing out why your argument is flawed, and why the game isn't terrible. What I don't understand is how someone can go out of their way to try and prove a game is bad yet have no personal opinion on the game itself. Like I said in my first response here, my bullshit meter has gone haywire.

Re-read your own posts. Perhaps you should be watching your own words. Dawn of War = 86. You say an 86 = Laughably Terrible game. Therefore what you are saying, whether you mean it or not, is that Dawn of War 2 = Laughably Terrible.

Last edited by Triceron; 02-09-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Triceron has 871 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-09-2009

Canada bunem
Get Some!
 bunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
Re-read your own posts. Perhaps you should be watching your own words. Dawn of War = 86. You say an 86 = Laughably Terrible game. Therefore what you are saying, whether you mean it or not, is that Dawn of War 2 = Laughably Terrible.
Makes sense.

bunem has 302 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to bunem  

Old 02-09-2009

United States JT
ur head asplodes
 JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...

TL; DR

Dow 2 will kick ass, SC2 will kick ass, just play the game(s) you want to play and fuck what everyone else has to say.

JT has 18,012 Posts

Join Clan Blizzforums, the only BF Steam Group!

Equations are more important to me, because politics is for the present, but an equation is something for eternity. -Albert Einstein

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to JT Send a message via MSN to JT  

Old 02-09-2009

United States lupino
BF Member
 lupino is a splendid one to beholdlupino is a splendid one to beholdlupino is a splendid one to beholdlupino is a splendid one to beholdlupino is a splendid one to beholdlupino is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfGangGrimmer View Post
I keep seeing people say this. But no one ever has factual evidence. What are you basing it off? Because Zerg look like Tyranids?

Starcraft released on March 31st, 1998
Screenshots of Zerg in Starcraft were included in the box with Diablo, January 2nd 1997
The Tyranids in 1997, looked like this: http://album.warpshadow.com/v/Shadow...40K/2ndEdNids/
The Tyranid Codex was released in the year 2000, and at that timeseems to have been influenced by the Zerg: http://www.scribd.com/doc/3237106/Wa...yranids-4th-Ed

To me, it looks practically as if the Zerg influenced the Tyranid. People need to stop jumping on the bandwagon and saying OMG starcraft was based off Warhammer!

As if that's not enough. Someone on the gamefaqs message boards contacted Games Workshop and inquired about the "similarities" and the reply he got was that they believed it was coincidence.
Um, no. Even a simple Wiki search would've proven you wrong:
Quote:
Early Board Game Incarnations: Genestealers were introduced in the 1980s with Space Hulk, and later featured in Space Crusade, along with the short-lived Genestealer Magus. The first recognisable incarnation of Tyranid warriors appeared in Advanced Space Crusade in 1990, featuring biological weaponry such as boneswords and deathspitters.[9]
First Edition, Rogue Trader:
Tyranids were first mentioned under the heading Tyranids and the Hive Fleets, and were illustrated in a form not too different from their latest incarnation.[2]
The first Tyranids used conventional, non-biological equipment such as lasguns and flak armour (although the rulebook stated that these represented organic equipment with similar capabilities).[10] The principal unit available to the Tyranids was the Zoat, a centaur-like creature enslaved to fight on the behalf of their Tyranid masters.
Second Edition:
Second Edition Warhammer 40,000, released in 1993, featured the Tyranids in the supplemental books Wargear and Codex Imperialis, and then later in their own devoted army Codex. An extensive model range was released, representing most of the units described in these publications. The army was, however, very different from the factions previously seen in the game. Notable were the huge numbers of rank-and-file units a Tyranid player was able to deploy compared to most other armies due to their low points cost (second only to the Imperial Guard, according to many players) and the large and flamboyantly designed centre-piece models, very different from anything Citadel had released before.[3]
The tyranid player now had access to a range of unit types roughly equivalent to that of the other factions, including:Hive Tyrant, Termagants, Hormagaunts, the main adversary in Space Hulk Genestealers, Gargoyles previously seen in Epic 40,000, Tyranid Warriors, the Carnifex, Zoanthropes (a Tyranid psyker in addition to the Hive Tyrant), Lictors, and the Biovore.
So 'nids are still older than Zerg. Hell, if you want to see even more proof of 40k influence, just look at the latest artist they hired and their personal gallery.

Superior capability in language does not necessarily equate to superior intelligence...but it certainly doesn't help your argument if you sound stupid.

pm.gif   

Old 02-09-2009

Vatican City State Kacaier
Reaching for the Swarm
 Kacaier has become enlightenedKacaier has become enlightenedKacaier has become enlightenedKacaier has become enlightenedKacaier has become enlightenedKacaier has become enlightenedKacaier has become enlightenedKacaier has become enlightenedKacaier has become enlightenedKacaier has become enlightenedKacaier has become enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupino View Post
So 'nids are still older than Zerg. Hell, if you want to see even more proof of 40k influence, just look at the latest artist they hired and their personal gallery.
Nowhere did he state Zerg are older than Tyranids. What he posted was that when the Zerg were released, they looked nothing like the Tyranids at the time. When people say Zerg look like Tyranids, they actually reference Codex: Tyranids, 3rd Edition, but that edition was released around 2000-01. StarCraft was released in 1998, 2 years before the incarnation that people reference.

Secondly, what they hire for StarCraft 2, or from anytime AFTER the release of StarCraft, has absolutely nothing to do with StarCraft Vanilla and Brood Wars. If Games Workshop hires a lot of Blizzard artists, does that mean Warhammer 40k is based around Blizzard ideas?

Again, there is absolutely no concrete evidence linking the two franchises in any shape or form. It is based entirely on personal aesthetic perception and basic archetypes. To say whether who influence who, is opinion, and nothing more. I value opinion. Just don't parade it around as fact.

Kacaier has 615 Posts

۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞
۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۝

pm.gif   

Old 02-09-2009

BlizzForums Zero
Templar of the SC Forums
 Zero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwns

This has gone on long enough. This has quickly devolved into another StarCraft vs ____ thread. The useless arguing on this subject is over.

Zero has 8,376 Posts

"As a kid it was traumatic. It was one thing for your teacher to tell you that life was harsh for settlers headed West in the decades after the Louisiana Purchase. It was a lot more chilling to watch as your three children, "Boobs, Fart, and Winky" drowned in the Colorado river shortly before your wife died of diarrhea."
- Gamespy talking about the original Oregon Trail

pm.gif   
Closed Thread