Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 01-28-2009

Canada Drake Clawfang
Guardian of Helm
 Drake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to all
Default It's Back - StarCraft Lego

Remember my old Lego efforts many months ago? I finally got my full collection back, so I decided to complete my collection!

I realize these pictures suck, sorry.

Valkyrie

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/q...Picture004.jpg

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/q...Picture007.jpg

The Valkyrie is identical to the model from several months ago. It went through several redesigns and began as basically, a box with wings and a window. It was remade to be smaller and more streamlined several times. The missile launchers are mounted on either side of the window. Ultimately, the Valkyrie was quite simple to design.

Siege Tank

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/q...g?t=1233187134

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/q...Picture009.jpg

I really had no idea what to do with the Siege Tank, so I tried to wing it. I think it turned out fairly well. The main problem is that the wheels don't match, but I didn't have enough to use all of one type, so I mixed and matched. Two foldable legs slide into the sides of the tank and are partially covered by hatches. The tank barrel also points up, allowing the tank to transform into Siege Mode - that was my main focus, making sure it could do that. I realize the tank is quite bulky, sue me. Also note there are hatches that open for the driver and gunner, but they're hard to see. Overall I am aware that this does not look exactly like the Siege Tank, but I'm confident I captured the same "feel".

Siege Tank V 1.5

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/q...Picture020.jpg

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/q...Picture021.jpg

The tank turret and barrels have been made larger, to be more tank-ish than gun-ish by the scale of the tank body. The cannon has also been moved forward to be closer to the center. The tank is also much more flat. Overall, it looks much more like a tank now. I realize the gun is set a bit too high off the tank, but this is needed so it can tilt up for Siege Mode.

Last edited by Drake Clawfang; 01-29-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Drake Clawfang has 3,330 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 01-28-2009

Canada DemolitionSquid
TestosterOWNAGE
 DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...

You are such a nerd.

DemolitionSquid has 7,740 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to DemolitionSquid  

Old 01-29-2009

Canada Drake Clawfang
Guardian of Helm
 Drake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to all

.....and? This is not common knowledge?

I still have that half-finished Battlecruiser lying around here, it'll be finished. The Yamato Gun stills works on it! But now my current project is the Goliath, which is going fairly well. It's very different from the Siege Tank, in that rather than one large vehicle, it's a walker, so I'm making the arms and legs and body separately, then am going to attach them. The Goliath will sport an opening cockpit, spinning arm miniguns, and shoulder-mounted missile hatches that will open and close.

Last edited by Drake Clawfang; 01-29-2009 at 11:53 AM.

pm.gif   

Old 01-29-2009

Canada Drake Clawfang
Guardian of Helm

Goliath V 2.0

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/q...Picture026.jpg

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/q...Picture025.jpg

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/q...Picture024.jpg

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/q...Picture023.jpg

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/q...Picture022.jpg

The original Goliath I built was larger, and was about as tall as the Siege Tank - counting the added height of the arms and the missile launchers, taller than the tank. But the body was basically a block, and the arms and legs were way too large. I wanted the cockpit to open the front, but this proved impossible so a hatch in the back was added. In general, it looked ugly, and couldn't stand up because it was too heavy. I wanted four key features for the Goliath - it had to stand, have the guns, the missile hatches, and opening cockpit. This Goliath had two out of four.

This Goliath V 2.0 is much smaller, about 2/3s the height of the old one, with shorter arms and legs, a smaller and more compact body that yeah, still looks like a block. The lowered weight of the body and arms, along with the use of better joints for the feet, actually allows this Goliath to stand up without any supports. Due to the flimsy joints connecting the arms to the body, it's a bit of a balancing act and it can fall over, but once you position it properly it does stand up, as you can see in the pictures. The minigun arms spin around, the hatches for the missiles flip open, and the cockpit opens as well. This Goliath is superior to the first in leaps and bounds and has all the features I originally wanted.

pm.gif   

Old 01-29-2009

Poland spychi
Twilight Spychi
 spychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
You are such a nerd.
Seconded

spychi has 3,254 Posts

Hidden Content:

The true epicness of StarCraft, StarCraft 2 and Mass Effect.
Interstella 5555
The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem

pm.gif   

Old 01-30-2009

United States Bullet2head
The Hammer of Dawn
 Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!

Naw, this is some old school shit he's posting Back before the Sc2 days.

When I get home and off this fucking school filtering system I'll be sure to check em out.

Bullet2head has 12,009 Posts

Thanks Bliss for the sig!
Spoiler (highlight to reveal text)
Haha you looked. Fag

pm.gif   

Old 01-30-2009

Canada Drake Clawfang
Guardian of Helm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet2head View Post
Naw, this is some old school shit he's posting Back before the Sc2 days.

When I get home and off this fucking school filtering system I'll be sure to check em out.
Correct, but back then I only had the Valkyrie and Wraith finished.

I also decided I'm gonna redo the Battlecruiser from scratch, just not big enough.

pm.gif   

Old 01-30-2009

BlizzForums Zero
Templar of the SC Forums
 Zero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwns

You appear to have a sufficient amount of standard lego collections, but perhaps you should integrate a few of the Technics sets into your models. Not only will you get more custom pieces, but a lot of the standard Technics pieces will look nicer and closer to the real thing.

Zero has 8,376 Posts

"As a kid it was traumatic. It was one thing for your teacher to tell you that life was harsh for settlers headed West in the decades after the Louisiana Purchase. It was a lot more chilling to watch as your three children, "Boobs, Fart, and Winky" drowned in the Colorado river shortly before your wife died of diarrhea."
- Gamespy talking about the original Oregon Trail

pm.gif   

Old 01-30-2009

Canada Drake Clawfang
Guardian of Helm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
You appear to have a sufficient amount of standard lego collections, but perhaps you should integrate a few of the Technics sets into your models. Not only will you get more custom pieces, but a lot of the standard Technics pieces will look nicer and closer to the real thing.
Oh, I have a just as many Technic and Bionicle pieces as I dpo normal legos. I may integrate some Bionicle parts into the Goliath later.

pm.gif   

Old 01-31-2009

Canada Drake Clawfang
Guardian of Helm

Battlecruiser operational

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/q...Picture031.jpg

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/q...Picture028.jpg

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/q...Picture027.jpg

I had a half-finished Battlecruiser with the head and shaft lying around, but decided it was too small and redid the whole thing. This battlecruiser is about three-times as large, is about three times the size of my siege tank, and is massive overall. I had a bit of trouble with the "wings" at the back, not entirely happy how they turned out, but I was low on blocks and had to make due. As you can see, the head of the ship has an opening hatch to reveal button for a cannon that fires a projectile out a hole in the front of the ship. This Battlecruiser has a functional Yamato Cannon!

pm.gif   

Old 02-03-2009

Canada Kimera757*
The Last Cerebrate
 Kimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of win

Interesting battlecruiser. Looks a little long and skinny though. (You could chop out some of the middle and use those blocks for wings, I guess.)

StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay.

Three products = one game plus two expansions.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

pm.gif   

Old 02-03-2009

United States Gradius
For Vengenace
 Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!

The wings/laser batteries for the cruiser need to be alot thicker. I like the Goliath.

Gradius has 5,020 Posts

Best StarCraft II Poster 2008 | Best Moderator 2008
Best StarCraft II Poster 2007 Runner Up | Most-Liked StarCraft II Poster 2007

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Gradius Send a message via MSN to Gradius  

Old 02-04-2009

Canada Drake Clawfang
Guardian of Helm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
The wings/laser batteries for the cruiser need to be alot thicker.
I know, but I was very low on blocks and had to make due with what I had. Had I the blocks, the wings would have been much longer, wider and overall larger, and I would redo the laser batteries entirely.

pm.gif   

Old 02-04-2009

BlizzForums Zero
Templar of the SC Forums
 Zero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwns

Sorry Drake, but these guys have it a bit better.

Currently on the front page of The Brothers Brick.

IMMORTAL

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2009/0...l-by-pepaquin/

BANELING

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2009/0...then-explodes/

BANSHEE

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2009/0...ft-ii-banshee/

FACTORY + ADD-ON

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2007/0...ry-by-keika03/

VULTURE

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2006/0...t-bring-it-on/

My favorite is the Banshee. That is so bad-ass.

Zero has 8,376 Posts

"As a kid it was traumatic. It was one thing for your teacher to tell you that life was harsh for settlers headed West in the decades after the Louisiana Purchase. It was a lot more chilling to watch as your three children, "Boobs, Fart, and Winky" drowned in the Colorado river shortly before your wife died of diarrhea."
- Gamespy talking about the original Oregon Trail

pm.gif   

Old 02-04-2009

Canada DemolitionSquid
TestosterOWNAGE
 DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...

I think Drake just got F-ed in the A. Those are are pretty sweet.
So white and nerdy.

DemolitionSquid has 7,740 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to DemolitionSquid