Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Warcraft Discussion & Strategy

Warcraft Discussion & Strategy Research and Discuss to Win.

Old 10-22-2008

United States TheRabidDeer
Voting independent
 TheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of win
Default OMG INFECTION

Yes. A zombie infection has hit azeroth. Hints say that it will gradually pick up speed as we get closer to WotLK release, but currently you can visit booty bay and get infected, and eventually turn into a zombie and aid in spreading the infection to others! Welcome to the WotLK world event!

Take the power from the parties and vote independent in 2008.

pm.gif   

Old 10-23-2008

United States Kaervek
i'm on your wifi.
 Kaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of win

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
Yes. A zombie infection has hit azeroth. Hints say that it will gradually pick up speed as we get closer to WotLK release, but currently you can visit booty bay and get infected, and eventually turn into a zombie and aid in spreading the infection to others! Welcome to the WotLK world event!
I was excited to get back into the game shortly after WotLK's release, but I'm now officially annoyed that I couldn't get back sooner. Also, I don't remember anything this epic immediately prior to TBC's release. What gives?! Just goes to show that breaking free of addictions doesn't pay!

Oh, right - my reason for posting in the first place: http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/10/22...kings-arrival/ <-- pretty extensive coverage of the event.

Kaervek has 768 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Kaervek Send a message via MSN to Kaervek  

Old 10-23-2008

Voting independent
 TheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaervek View Post
I was excited to get back into the game shortly after WotLK's release, but I'm now officially annoyed that I couldn't get back sooner. Also, I don't remember anything this epic immediately prior to TBC's release. What gives?! Just goes to show that breaking free of addictions doesn't pay!

Oh, right - my reason for posting in the first place: http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/10/22...kings-arrival/ <-- pretty extensive coverage of the event.
They have a couple things wrong, you can actually talk cross-faction while a zombie as there is a new zombie language (to non-zombies, it appears as just "... ... ..."), and can only whisper people that are not zombies of your own faction (or guild/chat channels).

There is a decidedly awesome explosive death from a zombie if an argent healer kills them or if they suicide bomb to spread the infection. Neat event so far, but the spreading seems a tad slow, we will see how things unfold as time goes on... since this is after all, just the beginning.

pm.gif   

Old 10-23-2008

United States Typhun
Mr. 69 (and counting)
 Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaervek View Post

thats because you aren't remembering the demon attacks on all the capital cities or having to help the argent dawn and netherguarde keep hold back the demons pouring out of the dark portal.

Typhun has 6,314 Posts

The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No. - Rorschach

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Typhun Send a message via MSN to Typhun  

Old 10-23-2008

United States shroomie
Forum Elder
 shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!

The Zombies got to Shatt last night pretty quickly on my server, they turned the battle masters into zombies too, so for us pvp guys we had to wait for the respawn to even que up

shroomie has 398 Posts

Holy Pally
UA Warlock
Proud BlizzForums Poster since 2000!

pm.gif   

Old 10-23-2008

United States elcapjtk
Moon Administrator
 elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!

Raids of zombies vs raids of not zombies are absurdly fun.

elcapjtk has 7,602 Posts

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to elcapjtk Send a message via AIM to elcapjtk Send a message via MSN to elcapjtk Send a message via Yahoo to elcapjtk 

Old 10-23-2008

United States the.raven
BF Member
 the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!

wait are you serious? players and NPCs are getting turned into zombies?

the.raven has 1,016 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 10-24-2008

Netherlands LXM
Artist
 LXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too much

Correct. It's an event to promote the coming of WotLK.

LXM has 10,242 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to LXM  

Old 10-24-2008

United States GenocideAlive
You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

IDK, not so fun on Arthas. You can't do shit without a walking by Pally cleansing your ass while you wait. I think in order to promote it as time gets closer they'll just start half lifing. 10 min to 5 min to 2.5 min to 1.25 min to 45s. That way it'll be a lot harder to simply just "cleanse" the problem and go about your business. Trying to wreck NPCs is kind of annoying, though, I get a little sick of that shit. Waiting 10 minutes to become a zombie right now has basically bored me out of it. I've got money to make, fuck standing around.

BTW you can use any portal you want in Shatt when you're a zombie.

GenocideAlive has 2,277 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 10-24-2008

Voting independent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenocideAlive View Post
IDK, not so fun on Arthas. You can't do shit without a walking by Pally cleansing your ass while you wait. I think in order to promote it as time gets closer they'll just start half lifing. 10 min to 5 min to 2.5 min to 1.25 min to 45s. That way it'll be a lot harder to simply just "cleanse" the problem and go about your business. Trying to wreck NPCs is kind of annoying, though, I get a little sick of that shit. Waiting 10 minutes to become a zombie right now has basically bored me out of it. I've got money to make, fuck standing around.

BTW you can use any portal you want in Shatt when you're a zombie.
That is indeed what is happening, the timer is down to 5 minutes right now, on top of more ways to get the infection. There are also a lot of ways you can instantly change yourself without waiting.

Paladins can bubble
Mages can ice block
Warlocks can life tap -> hellfire to death
Dwarves can stoneskin
Any other class can intentionally lose a duel and turn

pm.gif   

Old 10-26-2008

United States Blackhand
BF Member
 Blackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightened

Shattrath has turned into a new version of Lagforge with the latest addition to the invasion...3k lag the whole time ><

Yes Friends. Act now. Destroy Unicron!
Kill The Grand Rhubarb!
Eliminate Even The Toughest Stains!

-Utterred by Wreck-Gar, the Junkion leader, upon departing for the final battle with Unicron at Cybertron.

pm.gif   

Old 10-27-2008

United States icephantom02
SC2 Release Date = ????
 icephantom02 has ascended to greatnessicephantom02 has ascended to greatnessicephantom02 has ascended to greatnessicephantom02 has ascended to greatnessicephantom02 has ascended to greatnessicephantom02 has ascended to greatnessicephantom02 has ascended to greatnessicephantom02 has ascended to greatnessicephantom02 has ascended to greatnessicephantom02 has ascended to greatnessicephantom02 has ascended to greatness

Be careful not to log out when you are infected or even a zombie. It will mess up your logging in. Took me a couple of hours to log back into my main. It would be best for you to log out in an inn outside of a major city, i.e. Allerian Stronghold, Telredor, etc. because they often kill the FM of any major city. If you do have the problem of it not logging into your character and disconnecting you from the server, spam the "w" key on the load screen or even hold "w" on the load screen. It works very well! That's how I got my account to let me back into my main.

IP02

EDIT: The timer is now down to 1 min!

icephantom02 has 387 Posts

First to bring you the news....the best news: StarCraft: Legacy!!

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to icephantom02 Send a message via Yahoo to icephantom02 

Old 10-28-2008

United States shroomie
Forum Elder
 shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!

The infection is over! Thank god, it was getting very annoying on my server.

shroomie has 398 Posts

Holy Pally
UA Warlock
Proud BlizzForums Poster since 2000!

pm.gif   

Old 10-28-2008

Canada KP
Words Will Never Hurt You
 KP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too much

Infection was fun but yeah lag city, I log in for one day to tell my guild im gone and I could barely get IN the game let alone move around.

KP has 9,752 Posts

How To Get Around the Red Ring of Death Without Losing Your Xbox for two weeks
http://www.1227.com/

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to KP Send a message via MSN to KP  

Old 10-29-2008

United States Blackhand
BF Member
 Blackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightened

Supposedly there's going to be some big attack on Orgrimmar. As in, geography/building changing. I just hope they didn't scrap the changes and have a couple dozen ghouls attack Thrall who kills them all with an overpowered Thunderstorm.

Yes Friends. Act now. Destroy Unicron!
Kill The Grand Rhubarb!
Eliminate Even The Toughest Stains!

-Utterred by Wreck-Gar, the Junkion leader, upon departing for the final battle with Unicron at Cybertron.

pm.gif