Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 10-25-2008

United States SuperKiller
Cute Small Killer
 SuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatness
Default Press conference videos

I haven't seen any threads about it yet, but if it exists then sorry.

videos with US and EURO press conferences with chris sagety

http://www.starcraftzine.com/2008/10...ss-conference/
http://www.starcraftzine.com/2008/10...ss-conference/

they talk about some different things, such as the trilogy, but bring up some new things, talking about replays and the new bookmarking, the idea of making ladders for popular custom games like DOTA, question about editor scripting, and more.

on the 2nd he stated that they changed the terran single player mechanic from purchasing units to purchasing upgrades, signing up for online beta later on, and some other things as well.

SuperKiller has 3,803 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to SuperKiller Send a message via MSN to SuperKiller  

Old 10-26-2008

Argentina Norfindel
Soon...
 Norfindel has become enlightenedNorfindel has become enlightenedNorfindel has become enlightenedNorfindel has become enlightenedNorfindel has become enlightenedNorfindel has become enlightenedNorfindel has become enlightenedNorfindel has become enlightenedNorfindel has become enlightenedNorfindel has become enlightenedNorfindel has become enlightened

Very interesting the bookmarks in replays.

I'm a bit worried about the Trilogy, specially about:
Quote:
However, Chris goes on to discuss that each version may not be exclusively supported in the way that you can play the Original StarCraft or Broodwar seperately. With three seperate games, supporting all three may be too complicated for both the player and Blizzard. At this point however, Blizzard hasn’t even thought about it seriously.
I hope they make something that makes it easy to play against any other player with any previous expansion.

The thing about the fourth race makes me wonder when are we going to see the Protoss... expansion? (better to call it the Protoss game). That won't be an easy task, or one to be hasted for release in one year.

Last edited by Norfindel; 10-26-2008 at 10:52 AM.
Norfindel has 2,003 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 10-26-2008

Singapore GRUNT
BF Member
 GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!

Do we actually have any official confirmation on how the game's title is going to be worded?

Gamespy and IGN have the first game listed down as: "StarCraft II Terrans: Wings of Liberty", but I don't know if that's the official word, or not.

Personally, I think that simply calling it "StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty", like "WarCraft III: Reign of Chaos" sounds more classy, without suffixing a particular race's name to 'StarCraft II' :P. I mean, names like 'Wings of Liberty', 'Heart of the Swarm', and 'Legacy of the Void' do a pretty good job of telling the player what to expect :P.

pm.gif   

Old 10-26-2008

United States Nicol Bolas
BF Member
 Nicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too long

Quote:
Gamespy and IGN have the first game listed down as: "StarCraft II Terrans: Wings of Liberty", but I don't know if that's the official word, or not.
Blizzard never made mention of sticking the race name in the title. It's always been "Wings of Liberty", not "Terrans: Wings of Liberty".

"I still haven't heard a reason why clicks spent overcoming interface limitations to build troops are somehow more indicative of skill than clicks spent maneuvering units and using abilities." - SpiderBrigade

pm.gif   

Old 10-27-2008

Canada WolfGangGrimmer
UnitedEarthDirectorate
 WolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatness

I hate the way that site plays videos. It always skips for me.

WolfGangGrimmer has 629 Posts

..... There is only the divinity of mankind. Kill all Xenomorphs.
Hydra-owned

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to WolfGangGrimmer  

Old 10-27-2008

Canada Kimera757*
The Last Cerebrate
 Kimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicol Bolas View Post
Blizzard never made mention of sticking the race name in the title. It's always been "Wings of Liberty", not "Terrans: Wings of Liberty".
In the splash screens for each of the three products, it says Race: Name of Campaign.

StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay.

Three products = one game plus two expansions.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

pm.gif