Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

View Poll Results: Do you like the Viking's voice acting?
No, I HATE that stupid voice! 27 48.21%
Yea, LOVE it! 3 5.36%
I dont really care. Its fine. 16 28.57%
I haven't heard it yet. 10 17.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2008

Australia Icemanjkh
BF Member
 Icemanjkh is obviously doing something rightIcemanjkh is obviously doing something rightIcemanjkh is obviously doing something rightIcemanjkh is obviously doing something rightIcemanjkh is obviously doing something rightIcemanjkh is obviously doing something rightIcemanjkh is obviously doing something rightIcemanjkh is obviously doing something rightIcemanjkh is obviously doing something rightIcemanjkh is obviously doing something rightIcemanjkh is obviously doing something right
Unhappy Do you like the Viking's voice acting?

Hi,

Not sure if its just me.. but I absolutely HATE the viking's voice acting. The goliath was completely BAD-ASS, but this unit seems to be a complete moron/bum. The voice (along with the phrases) seem to fit an unfit, bumbling, college drop-out. Much prefer the deft, deadly serious, professional goliath one! I know that the terrans consist of some 'space cowboy' types, but whilst those units were surley and had attitude, they still sounded skilled and dependable, if a little curt. This viking sounds like an only child of some rich senator whose been spoon fed success all his life and now daddy has bought him a spot in the airforce.
][ce

pm.gif   

Old 03-20-2008

Afghanistan warrior6
With The Sons Of Korhal
 warrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to all

the viking has the worst phrases and voice in sc2....

"looks like the big boy needs a little training" 0_o

warrior6 has 1,421 Posts

STOP BITCHING IN YOUR SIGNATURE
don't add this to your signature if you agree because then you would be bitching in your signature, dumbass

pm.gif   

Old 03-20-2008

Canada ShadowAldrius
Evil wizard of some sort
 ShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortals

I don't mind the Viking. Sounds a bit more rambunctious.

The transformers reference is sweet, and uh... it's not like Vikings were educated efficient soldiers.

They were barbarians...

Quote:
the viking has the worst phrases and voice in sc2....

"looks like the big boy needs a little training" 0_o
Transformers, dude.

Transformers.

ShadowAldrius has 2,172 Posts

The Banshee should be surly, drunken and Irish. (Okay, maybe just Irish.)

pm.gif   

Old 03-20-2008

United States Fenix
Our Strength is Eternal
 Fenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatness

It sounds alright but the DIALOGUE MAN THE DIALOGUE!

Fenix has 1,122 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 03-20-2008

Bosnia and Herzegovina mgcemir
BF Member
 mgcemir has ascended to greatnessmgcemir has ascended to greatnessmgcemir has ascended to greatnessmgcemir has ascended to greatnessmgcemir has ascended to greatnessmgcemir has ascended to greatnessmgcemir has ascended to greatnessmgcemir has ascended to greatnessmgcemir has ascended to greatnessmgcemir has ascended to greatnessmgcemir has ascended to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemanjkh View Post
Hi,

This viking sounds like an only child of some rich senator whose been spoon fed success all his life and now daddy has bought him a spot in the airforce.
][ce

u got something against republicans????

mgcemir has 296 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 03-20-2008

Australia Icemanjkh
BF Member
 Icemanjkh is obviously doing something rightIcemanjkh is obviously doing something rightIcemanjkh is obviously doing something rightIcemanjkh is obviously doing something rightIcemanjkh is obviously doing something rightIcemanjkh is obviously doing something rightIcemanjkh is obviously doing something rightIcemanjkh is obviously doing something rightIcemanjkh is obviously doing something rightIcemanjkh is obviously doing something rightIcemanjkh is obviously doing something right

hahaha.. No.
Infact, we dont have republicans here in Australia - even though I hate the fact we are a monarchy *puke*.
Back on topic... Transformers reference or not, its sounds so lame. I would hate to have some incompetant tool (derogatory word similar to 'loser') like that fighting in my army. If it does keep this sh*t voice acting, Im going to replace all the sound files with the goliath's ones .

pm.gif   

Old 03-20-2008

United States Slyrr
BF Member
 Slyrr doesn't suck

If they're going to say 'transform and roll out' they ought to get the guy who does Optimus Prime's actual voice....

Slyrr has 46 Posts

Brevity. Soul. Wit.

pm.gif   

Old 03-20-2008

United States XBSHX
BF Member
 XBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to all

I don't really mind it but it could be better.

XBSHX has 3,215 Posts

Zergling seagull sound NEEDS to go.

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to XBSHX  

Old 03-20-2008

United States caliban113
Unsocial Climber
 caliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightened

No way.....the phrases and the delivery (of the Viking) are the worst in the history of RTS....I was going to cite that, "Big Boy....training" line, and I see someone else had beat me to it.

I mean, I'll get annoyed when a Marine says, "Go-Go-Go!" three times in a row, but I can deal with it....This?......there's no way I can take 20 minutes of that.

I loved the radio-static applied to the voices in the original SC - The Wraith and Goliath in particular...(Oddly, the two units the Viking is replacing.)....they should really stick with that...much more authentic, and for some reason, easier to take 15 clicks in row.

EDIT:
If you haven't heard this - it can be experienced, here:

http://www.gamespot.com/video/939643/6176222/starcraft-ii-single-player-campaign-blizzcon-preview

It's the single player demo, (pretty long) so scan ahead to about 10:30-35

In this video, it's mixed in with the classic SC voices - it's much easier to hear how the Viking stands out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX1zc4wetCA

Last edited by caliban113; 03-20-2008 at 06:29 PM.
caliban113 has 439 Posts

Please - wont you give to the 'Missile Turret Guy' Foundation?
Let's make 'Spinning Missile Turret Guy (SMTG) Syndrome' a thing of the past!!
So....Many...........Mutas....

Undt noww, here's a Zerg attack from the 50's:

pm.gif   

Old 03-20-2008

United States caliban113
Unsocial Climber
 caliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightened

Posted when I should have edited - Mods plz delete - thanks

caliban113 has 439 Posts

Please - wont you give to the 'Missile Turret Guy' Foundation?
Let's make 'Spinning Missile Turret Guy (SMTG) Syndrome' a thing of the past!!
So....Many...........Mutas....

Undt noww, here's a Zerg attack from the 50's:

pm.gif   

Old 03-20-2008

United States ArchDreadReaper
Destroyer of Worlds
 ArchDreadReaper has become enlightenedArchDreadReaper has become enlightenedArchDreadReaper has become enlightenedArchDreadReaper has become enlightenedArchDreadReaper has become enlightenedArchDreadReaper has become enlightenedArchDreadReaper has become enlightenedArchDreadReaper has become enlightenedArchDreadReaper has become enlightenedArchDreadReaper has become enlightenedArchDreadReaper has become enlightened

The Viking voice does not fit. It does sound like some beer-chugging, asshole college frat boy getting to use his new mech for the first time.

The original Goliath was one of my favorite units to listen to, because it did sound so serious and professional.

The thing is, ALL the Terran units (minus the Vulture) sounded professional, just with Southern accents and occasional colloquialisms. They still sound like soldiers. The Viking does not sound like a soldier. He sounds like a moron.

"Go ahead tac-com."

-Dread_Reaper

ArchDreadReaper has 695 Posts

Axe the Overseer, turn the Infester into the Defiler, and find a place for the Roach.

Add this to your signature if you agree.

New Nullifier?
http://blizzforums.com/showthread.ph...676#post364676

pm.gif   

Old 03-20-2008

United States vIsitor
BF Member
 vIsitor has become enlightenedvIsitor has become enlightenedvIsitor has become enlightenedvIsitor has become enlightenedvIsitor has become enlightenedvIsitor has become enlightenedvIsitor has become enlightenedvIsitor has become enlightenedvIsitor has become enlightenedvIsitor has become enlightenedvIsitor has become enlightened

The voice acting itself might, perhaps, be passable, but the lines have got to go. If Blizzard wants to make the unit say Transformer references, then they should do it in the "funny" monologue, not the standard responses.

There is no penguin level!

pm.gif   

Old 03-20-2008

Croatia ZergMcNugget
404The Error of the Beast
 ZergMcNugget reigns supremeZergMcNugget reigns supremeZergMcNugget reigns supremeZergMcNugget reigns supremeZergMcNugget reigns supremeZergMcNugget reigns supremeZergMcNugget reigns supremeZergMcNugget reigns supremeZergMcNugget reigns supremeZergMcNugget reigns supremeZergMcNugget reigns supreme

Viking sound like a redneck with shotgun shooting cans on a car wreck.

Seriously.

Seems too undisciplined.

They all need some good ol' fashioned discipline!

ZergMcNugget has 862 Posts

If atheism is religion than bycicles are type of cars.

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to ZergMcNugget  

Old 03-20-2008

Canada Aquanaut
BF Member
 Aquanaut doesn't suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchDreadReaper View Post
The Viking voice does not fit. It does sound like some beer-chugging, asshole college frat boy getting to use his new mech for the first time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZergMcNugget View Post
Viking sound like a redneck with shotgun shooting cans on a car wreck.

Seriously.

Seems too undisciplined.
Perhaps It is the Viking's pilot personnality, afterall . Seems the new Terran Dominion recruits are too much arrogants and do overestimate against their foes and each others. They just don't give a shit about anything except their asses.

'Just my thought.

Now I'm gone....

Aquanaut has 56 Posts

"Fall... FALL! I would've waited an eternity for this!"

-Megatron

pm.gif   

Old 03-20-2008

United States ksm
You think as I do
 ksm simply pwnsksm simply pwnsksm simply pwnsksm simply pwnsksm simply pwnsksm simply pwnsksm simply pwnsksm simply pwnsksm simply pwnsksm simply pwnsksm simply pwns

Quote:
Originally Posted by vIsitor View Post
The voice acting itself might, perhaps, be passable, but the lines have got to go. If Blizzard wants to make the unit say Transformer references, then they should do it in the "funny" monologue, not the standard responses.
Agreed. I think they were too far with the Terran's humor and crossed the line of idiocy with the Vikings quotes and voice.

We need more proffesionals and less teenagers.

ksm has 408 Posts

Cut the Tempest model. Make a new one that resembles our beloved Carrier!
Zealot's Psi-Blades, Pylons and Archons must be BLUEISH-WHITE!
Don't use team color there please.

pm.gif