Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Warcraft Discussion & Strategy

Warcraft Discussion & Strategy Research and Discuss to Win.

Old 10-16-2007

United States Eli
Surgeon General's Warning
 Eli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatness
Default Arena Season Three Was Released Last Night

and I'm less than impressed. I understand that they already itemized way too hard, but to give us such small upgrades? Christ.

This is what it looks like for me:

The format is Season Three first, then Merc Glad:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chest Upgrade
39 Strength -- 35 strength
67 stam -- 65 stam
12 hit -- 14 hit
39 crit -- 35 crit
24 resil -- 24 resil
84 armor pen
1825 armor -- 1704 armor

4 strength, 2 stam, -2 hit, 4 crit rating, 84 armor pen, 120 armor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leg Upgrade
51 strength -- 47 strength
70 stam -- 63 stam
12 hit -- 14 hit
47 crit -- 43 crit
22 resil -- 22 resil
84 armor pen
1597 armor -- 1491 armor

4 strength, 7 stam, -2 hit, 4 crit rating, 84 armor pen, 106 armor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand Upgrade
37 strength -- 33 strength
52 stam -- 46 stam
32 crit -- 29 crit
24 resil -- 24 resil
1141 armor -- 1063 armor

4 strength, 6 stam, 3 crit, 75 armor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoulder Upgrade
33 strength -- 29 strength
57 stam -- 51 stam
30 crit -- 27 crit
20 resil -- 20 resil
1369 armor -- 1278 armor

4 strength, 6 stam, 3 crit, 89 armor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head Upgrade
39 strength -- 35 strength
61 stam -- 54 stam
12 hit -- 14 hit
35 crit -- 31 crit
25 resil 25 resil
84 armor pen
1483 armor -- 1385 armor

4 strength, 7 stam, -2 hit, 4 crit rating, 84 armor pen, 98 armor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Gains/Losses From Merc to Veng Glad Gear

4 strength, 2 stam, -2 hit, 4 crit rating, 84 armor pen, 120 armor -- Chest
4 strength, 7 stam, -2 hit, 4 crit rating, 84 armor pen, 106 armor -- Legs
4 strength, 6 stam, -0 hit, 3 crit rating, 0 armor pen, 75 armor -- Hands
4 strength, 6 stam, -0 hit, 3 crit rating, 0 armor pen, 89 armor -- Shoulders
4 strength, 7 stam, -2 hit, 4 crit rating, 0 armor pen, 84 armor pen, 98 armor -- Head

20 strength, 29 stam, -6 hit, 18 crit rating, 252 armor pen, 488 armor from the Season two to three "upgrades".
I'd call them a sidegrade =/

I don't include the helm into my personal final calc, because I don't use it- I use the engineering head. So it's even worse for me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc's Personal Gains
16 strength, 21 stam, -4 hit, 14 crit rating, 252 armor pen, 390 armor
This doesn't include the three new vet pieces, nor the Season Three weapon- which by the way will be the first piece I intend to attain due to the much larger upgrade it lends me.

Eli has 2,112 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Eli  

Old 10-16-2007

United States insuranceman
 insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!
Default Re: Arena Season Three Was Released Last Night

edit: I was confused.

Last edited by insuranceman; 10-16-2007 at 03:46 PM.
insuranceman has 5,202 Posts

GO SOOTY GO!

OMFG YOU FOUND MY SECRET SENTENCE!!!!

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to insuranceman  

Old 10-16-2007

United States TheRabidDeer
Voting independent
 TheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of win

The upgrades over seasons have always been relatively small. Take the paladin healing chest for example:
Season 1 -> 2 -> 3
45 stam -> 51 stam -> 58 stam
31 int -> 33 int -> 37 int
30 spell crit -> 32 spell crit -> 36 spell crit
27 resil -> 28 resil -> 28 resil
42 healing -> 46 healing -> 55 healing

total gain season 1 to 2: 6 stam, 2 int, 2 spell crit, 1 resilience, 4 healing
total gain season 2 to 3: 7 stam, 4 int, 4 spell crit, 0 resilience, 9 healing

I dont really see what you were expecting, but I knew that the upgrades wouldnt be the massive. This is also why I couldnt care less when they tacked on that 2k rating requirement for the shoulders (and also because when I start to do arena again I will likely be able to attain 2k easily anyway >.>)

Take the power from the parties and vote independent in 2008.

pm.gif   

Old 10-16-2007

Canada KP
Words Will Never Hurt You
 KP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too much

I like links and such this thread is very confusing for me

But seriously though,

TRD is right, since when were the upgrades from season to season THAT great. They need to give people a reason to gun for the top ranks but they don't want the SAME groups to sit on top all the time right?

KP has 9,752 Posts

How To Get Around the Red Ring of Death Without Losing Your Xbox for two weeks
http://www.1227.com/

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to KP Send a message via MSN to KP  

Old 10-16-2007

Voting independent
 TheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer-Penguin View Post
I like links and such this thread is very confusing for me

But seriously though,

TRD is right, since when were the upgrades from season to season THAT great. They need to give people a reason to gun for the top ranks but they don't want the SAME groups to sit on top all the time right?
http://www.worldofraids.com/

pm.gif   

Old 10-16-2007

United States Eli
 Eli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatness

It's not so much that the upgrades are small, just that they're THAT small.

I'm not going to be saving any points for season three gear- the first stop for my points will be the sword. That one piece will be a larger upgrade than all of my armor pieces combined =/

Eli has 2,112 Posts

Old 10-16-2007

Voting independent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
It's not so much that the upgrades are small, just that they're THAT small.

I'm not going to be saving any points for season three gear- the first stop for my points will be the sword. That one piece will be a larger upgrade than all of my armor pieces combined =/
Look at the example I gave, for paladins at least, it appears to be roughly the same sized upgrade (even though season 2 to 3 is actually a bigger upgrade than 1 to 2). I saved points anyway though, simply because I already had 4 pieces of gladiator and had T5 for the fifth piece. Start of the season I had 3 pieces of season 2 gear, it was nice.

pm.gif   

Old 10-16-2007

United States Eli

At this point, only the weapon is what I've got my eyes on, and I have to get an 1850 rating really fast to manage that. I'm hoping I can manage it the first week or so in the mad rush that will happen.

Eli has 2,112 Posts

Old 10-16-2007

United States Exedore
Forum Elder
 Exedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant future

At least it didn't lose stats like the Ret paladin set. WTB 29 strength back. WTS spell damage and armor penetration.

Generally the gladiator sets are a minor upgrade. You can only fit so much into the craptacular item budget system that Blizzard has. Also, keep in mind that a large chunk of the additional points went towards armor penetration. It seems to be a fad with Blizzard at the moment.

Exedore has 752 Posts

Memories that are important to you. Precious memories you can't sweep aside even if you want to.
-- Hoshino Ruri

World of Warcraft: Kirrena - 70 Paladin @ Shattered Hand, Harumi - 70 Warrior @ Shattered Hand

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to Exedore Send a message via AIM to Exedore  

Old 10-16-2007

Voting independent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedore View Post
At least it didn't lose stats like the Ret paladin set. WTB 29 strength back. WTS spell damage and armor penetration.
At least it has resilience now... in fact thats probably why it lost stats.

pm.gif   

Old 10-16-2007

United States Maegtelluma
go celtics?
 Maegtelluma is a god among mere mortalsMaegtelluma is a god among mere mortalsMaegtelluma is a god among mere mortalsMaegtelluma is a god among mere mortalsMaegtelluma is a god among mere mortalsMaegtelluma is a god among mere mortalsMaegtelluma is a god among mere mortalsMaegtelluma is a god among mere mortalsMaegtelluma is a god among mere mortalsMaegtelluma is a god among mere mortalsMaegtelluma is a god among mere mortals

That's why it lost stats, but the fact of the matter is that ret paladin gear needs to be better than it was, not worse.

The reason the difference is so small is because Blizzard's big theme in BC (more and more so recently) is to lessen the gap between casual raiders/heroic groups and the hardcore bleeding edge raiders. Look at ZA if you need further convincing. I don't like it (because I consider myself a pretty strong player, so this hurts more than helps) but I definitely see why it's happening.

Maegtelluma has 3,872 Posts

"This day we rescue a world from mysticism and tyranny, and usher in a future brighter than anything we could imagine."
70 Paladin

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Maegtelluma  

Old 10-17-2007

Canada Infested_Al
Future Mr Olympia
 Infested_Al is a splendid one to beholdInfested_Al is a splendid one to beholdInfested_Al is a splendid one to beholdInfested_Al is a splendid one to beholdInfested_Al is a splendid one to beholdInfested_Al is a splendid one to beholdInfested_Al is a splendid one to behold

how much honor is the tier 1 glad stuff? is there a link somewhere

Infested_Al has 217 Posts

Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder but nobody wants to lift heavy ass weights

pm.gif   

Old 10-18-2007

United States Eli

Under 20k, this I know for a fact.

Eli has 2,112 Posts

Old 10-18-2007

United States insuranceman
 insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
At this point, only the weapon is what I've got my eyes on, and I have to get an 1850 rating really fast to manage that. I'm hoping I can manage it the first week or so in the mad rush that will happen.
Individual rankings... I wonder how that is going to work out.

insuranceman has 5,202 Posts

GO SOOTY GO!

OMFG YOU FOUND MY SECRET SENTENCE!!!!

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to insuranceman