Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Warcraft Discussion & Strategy

Warcraft Discussion & Strategy Research and Discuss to Win.

Old 08-25-2007

Netherlands LXM
Artist
 LXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too much
Default 2on2 Arena Guide! ***

LXM has 10,242 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to LXM  

Old 08-25-2007

Czech Republic Dragon Master
/wrists
 Dragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortals
Default Re: 2on2 Arena Guide! ***

how often do you switch chars?

Dragon Master has 848 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 08-25-2007

United States Exedore
Forum Elder
 Exedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant future

Wouldn't Curse of Tounges be better on a paladin opponent and then nuking his DPS while fearing/stunning the paladin? Do you ever find yourself using Drain Mana?

Also, this combo can be beaten by dwarf priest + lock/warr, and resto druid + lock/warr/rogue. Paladin healers show their weakness a lot at higher 2v2 and 3v3 ratings.

Exedore has 752 Posts

Memories that are important to you. Precious memories you can't sweep aside even if you want to.
-- Hoshino Ruri

World of Warcraft: Kirrena - 70 Paladin @ Shattered Hand, Harumi - 70 Warrior @ Shattered Hand

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to Exedore Send a message via AIM to Exedore  

Old 08-25-2007

Netherlands LXM
Artist
 LXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Master View Post
how often do you switch chars?
Not a lot, just first at the start to dot em both up, and then every now and then to make sure Siphon Life is on both targets. Other than that, only when my pala is in trouble I switch to fear/CoEx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedore View Post
Wouldn't Curse of Tounges be better on a paladin opponent and then nuking his DPS while fearing/stunning the paladin? Do you ever find yourself using Drain Mana?
No, because this spec is not built around Damage. In fact, the damage is rather weak. It's all about draining. In any healer/dps team I go full out mana drain on the healer, that's how we win. We survive untill their healer is oom.

Quote:
Also, this combo can be beaten by dwarf priest + lock/warr, and resto druid + lock/warr/rogue. Paladin healers show their weakness a lot at higher 2v2 and 3v3 ratings.
I beg to differ. The only setups we are having troubles with is Priest/Rogue and Druid/Rogue. Warrior/Healer teams will only beat us when they are decked out in high-end PvE gear.

Resto Druid teams are harder, indeed, because frankly Resto Druid are shit hot in pretty much any Arena team nowadays. However, we've beaten teams like that before.

LXM has 10,242 Posts

Old 08-25-2007

United States Exedore
Forum Elder
 Exedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant future

Well, the winner of the 2v2 tournament at Blizzcon was priest + warrior, over quite a few pal + lock teams. They used pre-made characters.

Exedore has 752 Posts

Memories that are important to you. Precious memories you can't sweep aside even if you want to.
-- Hoshino Ruri

World of Warcraft: Kirrena - 70 Paladin @ Shattered Hand, Harumi - 70 Warrior @ Shattered Hand

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to Exedore Send a message via AIM to Exedore  

Old 08-25-2007

/wrists
 Dragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortals

Quote:
Not a lot, just first at the start to dot em both up, and then every now and then to make sure Siphon Life is on both targets. Other than that, only when my pala is in trouble I switch to fear/CoEx
Well I was talking about that you had the rogue and now your playing a warlock... I don't have a lock so this guide isn't very relevant to me.

pm.gif   

Old 08-25-2007

United States TheRabidDeer
Voting independent
 TheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of win

Paladins basically suck at high end arena for healing... you can still do pretty well with a paladin main healer/only healer, but its just so much more difficult with all the ways that you can control them. I should make a healadin guide to go along with this one, but my 2v2 experience is limited since I mostly did 5v5's (though we did well... low 40's on the battlegroup, even with 2 paladins as the healers).

Take the power from the parties and vote independent in 2008.

pm.gif   

Old 08-25-2007

Netherlands LXM
Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedore View Post
Well, the winner of the 2v2 tournament at Blizzcon was priest + warrior, over quite a few pal + lock teams. They used pre-made characters.
Look at a few top 20 BG's and count how many times you see this setup, or with a priest instead of the paladin.

It's irrelevant to this topic though, I was merely giving a bit of info on how to play this setup, and how I play it

LXM has 10,242 Posts

Old 08-27-2007

/wrists

I can tell you that as a hunter/priest that pally/lock teams are basically free wins.

Not that you face many of those, but still.

Last edited by Dragon Master; 08-27-2007 at 07:59 PM.

pm.gif   

Old 08-28-2007

Netherlands Adron
Fel Boar
 Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!

lol lxm, on sylvanas? thats me oldserver!

...just wanted to say that -.- my twink is still there :s

Adron has 116 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 08-29-2007

United States insuranceman
 insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!

Nice! Thanks for the wonderful guide LXM!

I'm sure everything can be disputed but it's still nice to see someone lay it down simple like.

Also... wonderful illustration.

insuranceman has 5,202 Posts

GO SOOTY GO!

OMFG YOU FOUND MY SECRET SENTENCE!!!!

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to insuranceman  

Old 08-29-2007

Netherlands LXM
Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Master View Post
I can tell you that as a hunter/priest that pally/lock teams are basically free wins.

Not that you face many of those, but still.
Don't think I've ever faced a hunter in 2k+ arena in 2on2 but yeah, it could be nasty seeing priests are deadly vs paladins with mana burn.

And ty Channing ^^

LXM has 10,242 Posts