Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Warcraft Discussion & Strategy

Warcraft Discussion & Strategy Research and Discuss to Win.

Old 08-08-2007

United States TheRabidDeer
Voting independent
 TheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of win
Default Re: World of Warcraft: The Wrath of the Lich King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
A lot of the people who post they're bored have generally played since Beta, or at least for about 2 or 3 years; you've got plenty of time to enjoy yourself Just sit back and let the experience come.

-Eli
Yea, I had been playing since open beta. And I was pretty hardcore, I wasnt one of the casuals... I had a 60 or higher of most every class and I experienced most all of the endgame... so there was almost nothing else for me to do >.>

Take the power from the parties and vote independent in 2008.

pm.gif   

Old 08-08-2007

United States Stronghold
Tilted Muffler
 Stronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatness

I was there first day the game came out to stores. My highest lvl was only 56 but thats only cause I liked the social part of the game more. I just liked the people more, most of the time. We just usually tried to have fun, not determined to level up to 60 right away, we took our time.

Only thing I hope that doesn't happen but probably already is, is people are getting wrapped up into having to be the highest level, having all the best weapons, armor, and items. Thats part of why I quit FFXI. Its not all about having this rare thing. Just have fun with it.

Stronghold has 2,376 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 08-11-2007

United States Hymn
Green is the new Black.
 Hymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronghold View Post
I was there first day the game came out to stores. My highest lvl was only 56 but thats only cause I liked the social part of the game more. I just liked the people more, most of the time. We just usually tried to have fun, not determined to level up to 60 right away, we took our time.

Only thing I hope that doesn't happen but probably already is, is people are getting wrapped up into having to be the highest level, having all the best weapons, armor, and items. Thats part of why I quit FFXI. Its not all about having this rare thing. Just have fun with it.
MMORPGs tend to be more fun when you have friends who play the same MMORPG. Now, getting your friends to play on the same server? hard as hell.

Hymn has 6,931 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Hymn  

Old 08-11-2007

United States Stronghold
Tilted Muffler
 Stronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatness

Not when it first started. When I left FFXI to join WoW, basically my whole linkshell(clan/group/guild) went to. We decided to go together and made our own guild for a while. Then once the new content came out, some of us got bored, and some went on to bigger and better things. We just broke apart.

I guess the same thing would have happened sooner or later in FFXI but I still miss them. Even after the guild broke we all still were friends and went on raids every now and then. Hell I still talk to some of them.

pm.gif   

Old 08-11-2007

Canada KP
Words Will Never Hurt You
 KP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too much

Hahaha quitting WoW is like quitting smoking, there are all of your friends whining about how expensive smokes are, how they kill your lungs and how no one lets you smoke indoors anymore.

And then there is WoW, everything is so overpowered, so imbalanced and so expensive. (I can already see my buddies who used to buy gold saving 50 bucks a paycheque so they can be the first ones to get a death knight.) It's pretty funny to watch as an outsider because you can see that when you played WoW you were EXACTLY LIKE THAT. Some of these changes sound so ridiculous that I don't even know that I would've kept playing had I stuck around for BC. A profession that makes your spells better? Hello EVERYONE having to level two characters, unless they make this inscription a secondary profession so that everyone gets it and you just have to level it through pvp people are going to be fubar.

Good luck with this expansion guys I hope they make some major fixes in the near future (and I hope you get more than one hero class, I can't take anymore butchered lore)

KP has 9,752 Posts

How To Get Around the Red Ring of Death Without Losing Your Xbox for two weeks
http://www.1227.com/

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to KP Send a message via MSN to KP  

Old 08-11-2007

United States Eli
Surgeon General's Warning
 Eli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatness

I myself have only been playing for about a year and a half now, tbh- I've just read and played most every class to at least 60, including:

Shaman
Rogue
Warrior
Warlock
Mage
Priest

5 of those are 70's. I used to have a whole lot of time on my hands =/ As for my friends, irl I've got my brother, my friend Jay, my friend Kevin, Stephen, and my old GM of Req Hidas who actually just moved down here with us- we all play together on the same server. It's fun as hell =D

Eli has 2,112 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Eli  

Old 08-13-2007

United States Hymn
Green is the new Black.
 Hymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatness

I find that the best way to play WoW is literally sharing an account with your friend. While the legality of this is questionable, you both get to enjoy a high level character in a much shorter time.

Hymn has 6,931 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Hymn  

Old 08-13-2007

United States Kassad
Serenity Now
 Kassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightened

Having divorced parents is great. Keep the game at one house so it doesn't devour you 7 days a week. Talk to your parents about getting it done.

Kassad has 5,080 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Kassad  

Old 09-04-2007

United States Sombro
BF Member
 Sombro is an unknown quantity at this point

Pandaren Brewmaster would be a BA hero class. XD

pm.gif   

Old 09-09-2007

United States ADX
SC Addict
 ADX has become enlightenedADX has become enlightenedADX has become enlightenedADX has become enlightenedADX has become enlightenedADX has become enlightenedADX has become enlightenedADX has become enlightenedADX has become enlightenedADX has become enlightenedADX has become enlightened

I think that the expansion is coming too soon. Most guilds have not even started to raid black temple and by the time it comes out i think mine might be to the eye or thereabouts.. I think it is too fast.

ADX has 1,945 Posts

ADX-09/13/07
Learning to master the unknown...
SC NAME : Starkiller721 -- rezzed

pm.gif   

Old 09-09-2007

United States Exedore
Forum Elder
 Exedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamas View Post
I think that the expansion is coming too soon. Most guilds have not even started to raid black temple and by the time it comes out i think mine might be to the eye or thereabouts.. I think it is too fast.
I hate to say it, but most guilds will never see Black Temple or Hyjal, just like most never saw the end of Ahn'Quiraj or Naxxramas. That's the designer's choice. You have to be willing to spend quite a bit of time and gather 25 people that don't suck at the game (harder than you might think) in order to complete raid content.

Exedore has 752 Posts

Memories that are important to you. Precious memories you can't sweep aside even if you want to.
-- Hoshino Ruri

World of Warcraft: Kirrena - 70 Paladin @ Shattered Hand, Harumi - 70 Warrior @ Shattered Hand

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to Exedore Send a message via AIM to Exedore  

Old 09-09-2007

United States TheRabidDeer
Voting independent
 TheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of win

You dont need to see all of the content for there to be an expansion pack... can you imagine how bored the "hardcore elite" would be if they had to wait for EVERYBODY to see the content before another expansion came out? Simply releasing new raid content just furthers the gap between you and the hardcore, so thats not an option either... they will plow through it and others will slowly work there way up. Its just how it works.

The only solution to let the not so hardcore people to see the "end" boss, like Illidan, would be to make that raid instance the first and easiest... but then people would complain that its too easy and lorelol etc etc.

Take the power from the parties and vote independent in 2008.

pm.gif   

Old 09-09-2007

United States Stronghold
Tilted Muffler

Thats another reason I left, it got hard to set up raids, especially when I was trying to get my might set.

I will laugh my ass off if they put starcraft 2 on hold for this though.

pm.gif