Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Warcraft Discussion & Strategy

Warcraft Discussion & Strategy Research and Discuss to Win.

Old 08-03-2007

United States Werothegreat
The Phoenix Lord
 Werothegreat has a brilliant futureWerothegreat has a brilliant futureWerothegreat has a brilliant futureWerothegreat has a brilliant futureWerothegreat has a brilliant futureWerothegreat has a brilliant futureWerothegreat has a brilliant futureWerothegreat has a brilliant futureWerothegreat has a brilliant futureWerothegreat has a brilliant futureWerothegreat has a brilliant future
Default Re: World of Warcraft: The Wrath of the Lich King

In case y'all didn't notice, the game has just been officially released at blizzcon.

Werothegreat has 732 Posts

Aah, fresh meat!
-The Butcher

"Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

-Dylan Thomas

"
Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth...
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God."
-
John Gillespie Magee, Jr.

I actually liked the Soul Hunter, thank you very much.
Add this to your signature if you agree.

pm.gif   

Old 08-03-2007

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

FYI: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath

-Neo

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 08-03-2007

United States Hymn
Green is the new Black.
 Hymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatness

"All that awaits you is DEATH"

Hymn has 6,931 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Hymn  

Old 08-03-2007

United States Kassad
Serenity Now
 Kassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightened

I'm eager for the Death Knight. I'm assuming it will be a Warlock Hero Class, which means I better get to work on one of those.

Kassad has 5,080 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Kassad  

Old 08-03-2007

United States Blackhand
BF Member
 Blackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightened

Well in the video they show a human male wearing a shield and sword changing into a death knight, so it's either paladin/warrior hero class or they aren't class-specific.

pm.gif   

Old 08-03-2007

Czech Republic Dragon Master
/wrists
 Dragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortalsDragon Master is a god among mere mortals

You don't morph into a death night, it's a new class that you unlock.

Dragon Master has 848 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 08-03-2007

United States Kassad
Serenity Now
 Kassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightened

I'm really confused here...

Do I start as a (whatever class) and then obtain the Death Knight status and choose it? Or is it an unlockable class? I don't even udnerstand how you could unlock it. All I know is I'm dying to see.

Kassad has 5,080 Posts

Old 08-04-2007

United States Stronghold
Tilted Muffler
 Stronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatness

I just don't get why they would only put one hero class into the expansion. Honestly I won't start playing again until I see a hero class like a Mountain King or something that is dwarf related, being that my character was a dwarf. I never really liked Death Knights but I guess it goes along with the story with the Nez'rhul(sp?) and Arthas.

Though I will most likely start playing again just for the siege thing they were talking about. I love them siege engines, got me so far in online play for warcraft 3 and expansion.

Stronghold has 2,376 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 08-04-2007

Canada Bred
Ich Bin Brot
 Bred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulz

Hero system works like this Kassad (and anyone else wondering)

You presumably level your current character to 80. On the way you do quests/find drops/spontaneously combust and you are granted the ability to chose the death knight class on the character selection screen. When you do this you get a brand spanking new high leveled Death Knight and you go about your merry way leveling him. The new character will probably be level ~60 - 70.

Bred has 8,696 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 08-04-2007

United States Kassad
Serenity Now

Sounds cool to me.

Kassad has 5,080 Posts

Old 08-04-2007

United States Stronghold
Tilted Muffler
 Stronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatnessStronghold has ascended to greatness

I still say I'm not getting back on until I can either be a Mountain King or drive a siege engine off a cliff :P

Stronghold has 2,376 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 08-04-2007

United States Eli
Surgeon General's Warning
 Eli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatness

From a friend of mine who's at Blizzcon, where a beta version of WotLK is playable:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeadpriest of Scilla
I wanted to post some things I learned today about things other than the expansion.

Here are some UI mods they let slip

1) Blizzard Item Rack
They want to make this a Blizzard thing but what Tigole said is that they are probably going "extra" space for your other sets. They did not say a lot about this.
2) Blizzard Boss Mods
They like Deadly boss mods so much they are going to make a blizzard varity. WEEE no more timers that are off!!!
3) Blizzard Threat Meter
Thank god a Threat Meter that will be correct

NEW POST BLACK TEMPLE 25 man

They were not allowed to say anything about this. They kept alluding to new content. In one of the Q&A sessions someone said that the Sunwell instance would be a good idea. Here is what Tigole said "That is a great idea. I am not allowed by to talk about future development but that would be a great idea" So yea. They did say that there probably not be a new armor tier but the items will be better than BT.

Class changes

They talked A LOT about making Ret pallies be a viable raid spec. They know that there is a problem with their DPS and would like to see them added to raids.
They mentioned in passing about makeing enhance shamans better for raid DPS. (as far as the shamans DPS)
They said they wanted to keep tweeking Healing priests because they need to get better (lolwell, improved death, circle of healing)
They are going to change the priest racials so the horde will get fear ward (WOOT!)
They want to look at Prot warriors in pvp and making it more fun.

Items

SAVE YOUR HEROIC BADGES....LET ME SAY THAT AGAIN SAVE YOUR HEROIC BADGES. They are going to add new heroic rewards that are better than current rewards. They are doing this exp for Moonkin, Ret Pallies, and other classes that don't get good raid loot.

That is all I remember for now. I am going to bed now I am sure I will learn more tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeadpriest of Scilla
Here are my comments from blizzcon... well some of them we have lots of pic as well as movies etc we will post later.

What to expect from the Expansion :

*It is going to Northrend! With level 80 and new abilities! -- Correct

If some Objects are achieved, you can create a new Character. The Death Knight. He starts straight in High Level Area. -- Correct but what this means is once you do a quest you can create a Death Knight that will be around lvl 55. Here are some things about the Death Knights
1) He will be a plate user
2) He will be a DPS or a Tank but he WILL NOT use a shield. So yes he will Tank with a 2 hander or duel wield.
3) He will be a caster/melee hybrid.
4) He does not use any of the combat systems now. Meaning he does not use rage/energy/ or mana. He uses what they call runes which you select what runes you want to use out of combat and then your spells/abilities cost runes. Over time (like a cooldown) your runes come back.
5) He will be able to be played by all classes
6) This is just the beginning of many different hero classes.

*In PVP there will be finally be the long-ago announced siege weapons available and there will be destroyable buildings, plus a new battleground -- Correct
There will be a new PVP zone about 30-40 mins 15-20 people that will be able to use siege weapons that you can get in and drive around.

*The Deathknight will be a kind of Damage Dealer and at the same time a Tank with so far non existant new abilities. He will be playable by Alliance and Horde, but it will be just certain Races who will have the possibility to create a Death Knight. He is the first Hero class and other will probably come in the following Expansions. -- Sort of Correct SEE ABOVE

More summaries of the of the FAQs:

* New possibilities of designing your Character.
* You will fight against the Lich King Arthas!
* Leveling from 70 to 80 will take as much time as leveling from 60 to 70.
--Correct
* Howling Fjord will be the first area you will arrive to. Afterwards there will be areas following like Grizzly Hills and Dragonblight. -- Sort of correct
There will be 2 different starting areas for Northrend that you pick between when you first go to Northrend.

* New Profession: Inscription – Enduring amplification of spells and abilities. -- Correct
They did not talk about this a lot the Profession Panel is tomorrow I will have more about it then. But this is the example they gave. If you are a mage you could add a knockback to your fireball, or more damage etc.

* There will be a Cinematic Intro.
* Northrend will be about as big as Outlands.
-- correct

Some things not said here.

There will be a PVP zone that is PVP on PvE servers that if you capture or take certian objectives you influence the whole area of Northrend.

Dalaran will the the main city and it will be floating in the clouds. You can get to it with flying mount or by other means.

They are talking about putting Naxx into the game in Northrend so people will change it.
Werd.

-Eli

Eli has 2,112 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Eli  

Old 08-04-2007

United States TheRabidDeer
Voting independent
 TheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of win

I might have to start playing WoW again >.>

Non-instanced PvP, hopefully not like the current "outdoor pvp" for zone control for an ok buff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldofRaids.com
Improvements and additions:

- Siege Weapons
- Destructible buildings

- New Battleground: 15 person battleround, 30-40 minutes estimated time to finish it
*Destructible buildings
*Siege Weapons

- New arena season, gear and map
- New, non-instanced pvp (Exterior PvP zone): Lake Wintergrasp

Introduction to the Death Knight Class

- Designed to fullfil both tanking and DPS roles
- Deathknights will tank with 2h or dual wield
- Death Knight is a hero class-- can't roll as a level one character, wanted to make it more epic (no level one Death Knights). Character class with two distinguishing elements-- have to unlock the ability to play one. Don't have to be a raider. Quest chain at level 80, like the Warlock epic mount quest, to unlock Character class. Story elements-- explain interaction with Arthas. Second element: Once you've unlocked it, you start off at a relatively high level (55, 60, 70-- not sure yet), with preexisting set of spells and abilities.
- Rune resource system. Three rune schools: Blood runes, frost, and unholy runes. All DK spells and abilities will use these different runes in some combo. DKs carve these runes into their weapon-- done anytime outside of combat.
- Unholy Embrace
Instant Cast. 5 min cooldown.
Target is embraced by a silhouette of darkness for 12 seconds, corrupting any healing spells and effects cast upon or currently affecting the target to cause damage for 50% of their healing potential instead of restoring health. Any damage shields cast upon or currently affecting the target will also be instantly consumed, dealing 50% of their absorption potential in damage. Once afflicted with Unholy Embrace, the target cannot be afflicted with Unholy Embrace again for 1 minute."

- Will green items in Northrend be better than Tier 4? Yes, we do expect to see the same kind of progression. We were happy overall with the way it worked. If you're decked out in Illidan gear or the new raid zone that I can't mention just yet that will be out before the expansion (!), that gear will last you a while. But players like upgrades early and often.

- Are we going to have to buy new flying mounts again? Laughter. You'll not "have" to buy a new flying mount, but we'll have new options available.

Take the power from the parties and vote independent in 2008.

pm.gif   

Old 08-04-2007

Netherlands LXM
Artist
 LXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too much

Am I the only one that thinks an Alliance Death Knight just doesn't seem right? ;/

LXM has 10,242 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to LXM  

Old 08-04-2007

United States Eli
Surgeon General's Warning
 Eli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatness

Arthas was a deathknight, and on the Alliance.

I'm sure they'll find some way to make it work.

"Noble men who have taken the plunge- made the sacrifice and given their all.." kinda thing.

-Eli

Eli has 2,112 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Eli