Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Your Life, Your Thoughts, Your Nonsense.

Old 01-27-2009

Australia FPS_Deano
Formerly Deano~
 FPS_Deano has ascended to greatnessFPS_Deano has ascended to greatnessFPS_Deano has ascended to greatnessFPS_Deano has ascended to greatnessFPS_Deano has ascended to greatnessFPS_Deano has ascended to greatnessFPS_Deano has ascended to greatnessFPS_Deano has ascended to greatnessFPS_Deano has ascended to greatnessFPS_Deano has ascended to greatnessFPS_Deano has ascended to greatness
Default Laptop through CRT monitor?

Ok, so I cracked/broke my LCD screen in my laptop, and rather than replace the screen or buy a new computer i'm trying to have an old monitor as my display. It works fine in safe mode, but I guess in normal mode the monitor is not the laptops default display or something, because the monitor displays "no connection" and the laptop screen turns on, which is un-usable.

Any idea's on how to allow my laptop to use the monitor without being in safe-mode (which as you may be able to guess is a tad restricting).

FPS_Deano has 1,083 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to FPS_Deano  

Old 01-27-2009

Australia FPS_Deano
Formerly Deano~
 FPS_Deano has ascended to greatnessFPS_Deano has ascended to greatnessFPS_Deano has ascended to greatnessFPS_Deano has ascended to greatnessFPS_Deano has ascended to greatnessFPS_Deano has ascended to greatnessFPS_Deano has ascended to greatnessFPS_Deano has ascended to greatnessFPS_Deano has ascended to greatnessFPS_Deano has ascended to greatnessFPS_Deano has ascended to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPS_Deano View Post
Ok, so I cracked/broke my LCD screen in my laptop, and rather than replace the screen or buy a new computer i'm trying to have an old monitor as my display. It works fine in safe mode, but I guess in normal mode the monitor is not the laptops default display or something, because the monitor displays "no connection" and the laptop screen turns on, which is un-usable.

Any idea's on how to allow my laptop to use the monitor without being in safe-mode (which as you may be able to guess is a tad restricting).
EDIT:: Ok it seems holding Fn + lcd key on startup can switch to secondary display, but my lcd screen is still on, any thoughts on how to disable it?

FPS_Deano has 1,083 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to FPS_Deano  

Old 01-27-2009

United States Adovid
 Adovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwns

Could maybe look into your display settings. properties->settings->advanced

Otherwise the only idea I have for a broken lcd laptop screen is to take the thing apart and disconnect the wires to the lcd screen.

"Any clod can have the facts, but having opinions is an art."--
Charles McCabe

pm.gif   

Old 01-28-2009

United States Golgo 13
ಠ_ಠ
 Golgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too much

Replacing a laptop LCD isn't too hard. You can usually find instructions for LCD replacement online. Usually it's just a matter of removing the rubber covers, taking the screws out behind them. separating the plastic frame, detatching the ribbon cable and inverter board, swapping out, and putting the new one in/reconnecting/screwing everything back in..

Golgo 13 has 10,560 Posts

"The modern banking system manufactures money out of nothing. The process is perhaps the most astounding piece of sleight-of-hand that was ever invented. Banking was conceived in inequity and born in sin. But if you want to continue to be slaves of the bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, then let the bankers continue to create money and control credit."

- Josiah Charles, President of the Bank of England & 2nd richest man in Great Britain (1880-1941)

pm.gif   

Old 01-31-2009

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country p3ngu!n
Forum Elder
 p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo 13 View Post
Replacing a laptop LCD isn't too hard. You can usually find instructions for LCD replacement online. Usually it's just a matter of removing the rubber covers, taking the screws out behind them. separating the plastic frame, detatching the ribbon cable and inverter board, swapping out, and putting the new one in/reconnecting/screwing everything back in..
Not exactly for the faint of heart when it comes to computers. Laptops can be delicate.

p3ngu!n has 11,118 Posts

Most Sweetest Signature/Avatar Winner 2008

pm.gif   

Old 02-01-2009

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Pizza
Pizza
 Pizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whore

right click on your desktop, properties. settings tab. there it should show your two displays and different ways of picking between them

Pizza has 12,834 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-01-2009

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

You might also boot into the laptops bios -- however you accomplish this -- and look through the options for display.

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo