Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Your Life, Your Thoughts, Your Nonsense.

Old 03-28-2008

United States JT
ur head asplodes
 JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...
Default JT And the Legendary Night Shoot of Doom

So if you all have been wondering where I have been for the last few days (though I doubt it, you bastards), I have been working on some film projects for my Cinema Productions class. The prof organized us into three groups with five people in each group; each person had to write a short film (under six minutes) and direct it. The other people in the group were assigned other positions (DP, grip, etc.) for the director's project.

Mine was a film about a chick who has some overdue library books, so the library sends a ninja to get the books back. Yes, I made a movie with a ninja in it.

Anyways, everyone else in the group has the sane idea of shooting our projects during the day. Except one guy, Dave Kox.

I've known Dave Kox since the tail end of freshman year, and he's a bit...strange. Despite being an otaku, his film did not feature ninjas. Instead, it was set in a bar. And he discovered that Oshkosh (or maybe it's Wisconsin in general) has a law that says that bar windows cannot be covered up, so we can't just black out the windows to this lovely dive and shoot during the day. Besides, it opens at 10 am.

So, we have to shoot at night. And of course, we can't shoot at like 9pm and be done by 2, no, we have to start shooting at 2am and go until 7! God did it suck.

I tried napping during the day, but I can't really nap well, so I went the alternative route; tons of caffeine and sugar. I was hopped up for the night, which was important, because I was the DP (director of photography, or basically, the guy who runs the camera, second most important job on the film). And Dave wanted fucking handheld shots, so it wasn't like I could've left the camera on the tripod and taken a nap.

I think I'm still wired from Thursday morning. The other alternative would've been speed or coke.

But anyways, it was a triumph. Making a note here, huge success! Oh god stream of consciousness...

Oh yeah, there was a minor setback. Now I must relate you the story of Holly, the chick who rejected me on MySpace. Basically, she rejected me on MySpace. Eventually, I got over her, but guess who was at the shoot? Holly, as a fucking extra. A sinking feeling began in my gut the instant I saw her and began to worry that this might not end well. But it turned out alright; apparently she also got over what pissed her off. Either that or she didn't recognize me.

But I made her laugh later on. There was a shot where the camera had to be placed next to the table she was sitting at, and before we shot, she made mention of fucking Rick Roll, and how great a song it was. So I turned to her and said "Because, you know, he's never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..." and she laughed. Then she related how she almost started a bar fight on her 21st bday by putting that song up on the jukebox.

So other than I was really fucking tired yesterday, and then had to drive two and a half hours home, and then it snowed in my hometown during fucking Spring Break, it was pretty good.

JT has 18,012 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to JT Send a message via MSN to JT  

Old 03-28-2008

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Deidara
BF Member
 Deidara has ascended to greatnessDeidara has ascended to greatnessDeidara has ascended to greatnessDeidara has ascended to greatnessDeidara has ascended to greatnessDeidara has ascended to greatnessDeidara has ascended to greatnessDeidara has ascended to greatnessDeidara has ascended to greatnessDeidara has ascended to greatnessDeidara has ascended to greatness

hahaha, you have a myspace.

Deidara has 891 Posts

oh so many ways for me to show you how your dog has abandoned you

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Deidara  

Old 03-28-2008

United States Tim-and-Carl
 Tim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than you

I thought this was going to be a story about how much of an asshole Dave Kox was, and the little things he did that sent you over, ending your story with "GOD, WHAT AN ASSHOLE!" I was greatly disappointed.

Tim-and-Carl has 1,830 Posts

"He walked into the shreds of flame. But they did not bite into his flesh, they caressed and engulfed him without heat or combustion. With relief, with humiliation, with terror, he understood that he too was a mere appearance, dreamt by another." - Borges

"Above all else, to thine own self be true." - Shakespeare

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Tim-and-Carl  

Old 03-28-2008

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Pizza
Pizza
 Pizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whore

and the interesting part of this thread is...?

Pizza has 12,834 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 03-28-2008

Germany Kenji
September is Reichs month
 Kenji is made of winKenji is made of winKenji is made of winKenji is made of winKenji is made of winKenji is made of winKenji is made of winKenji is made of winKenji is made of winKenji is made of winKenji is made of win

so when you have nobody to passive aggressively rage against you fill up your life with the most awkward nerd shit imaginable, is that what you are trying to say

Kenji has 10,655 Posts

Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country.- Hermann Goering (1893 - 1946)

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to Kenji Send a message via AIM to Kenji  

Old 03-28-2008

Canada DemolitionSquid
TestosterOWNAGE
 DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...

I think this deserves a toast to Rick:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

DemolitionSquid has 7,740 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to DemolitionSquid  

Old 03-28-2008

United States JT
ur head asplodes
 JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim-and-Carl View Post
I thought this was going to be a story about how much of an asshole Dave Kox was, and the little things he did that sent you over, ending your story with "GOD, WHAT AN ASSHOLE!" I was greatly disappointed.
The shoot wouldn't have been legendary then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza
and the interesting part of this thread is...?
Certainly not your post, choad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenji
so when I have nobody to passive aggressively rage against I fill up my life with the most awkward nerd shit imaginable posting asinine comments on the internet to strangers, is what I'm trying to say
FTFY

Last edited by JT; 03-28-2008 at 01:08 PM.
JT has 18,012 Posts

Old 03-28-2008

United States Ben
The Sartorialist
 Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...

Sweet man, awesome story.

Ben has 11,099 Posts

What's happening?
I keep my dreadlocks in a napkin ring
Rap and sing
Unlike the homogenous clones
I'm in to earth tones, birth stones, and erogenous zones
The more ticklish the more you have
Sitting on the curb of what used to be the burbs
And before that was Canarcie
I'm a disturbed and bitter herb
Like saltwater and parsley

Most Intelligent Debater 2008

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Ben Send a message via MSN to Ben  

Old 03-28-2008

United States Ghost
haiku d'etat
 Ghost is clearly better than youGhost is clearly better than youGhost is clearly better than youGhost is clearly better than youGhost is clearly better than youGhost is clearly better than youGhost is clearly better than youGhost is clearly better than youGhost is clearly better than youGhost is clearly better than youGhost is clearly better than you

They really need to bring back BF Journals so you can write all of these things there instead of in CC where you only wind up getting trolled.

Ghost has 2,747 Posts

this little light of mine, shine bright and blind the reaper's eyes
thanks Mtank for the sig!

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Ghost  

Old 03-28-2008

United States JT
ur head asplodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
They really need to bring back BF Journals so you can write all of these things there instead of in CC where you only wind up getting trolled.
I never used mine, so I was part of that problem :P

JT has 18,012 Posts

Old 03-28-2008

Finland pixels
Fallout Shelter Cap. 6640
 pixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than you

somewhere, someone would find this interesting.

pixels has 15,419 Posts

Abolition of the wage system.

Canon XSi \ Canon f/2.8 20mm \ Sigma f/2.8 105mm \ Canon f/4-5.6 55-250mm | pixels' photos | pixels' specs | pixels' art

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to pixels Send a message via MSN to pixels  

Old 03-28-2008

United States Grog
-gy*
 Grog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too much

Should have just made up something crazy and interjected it into the story.

Grog has 2,173 Posts

Are you such a dreamer
To put the world to rights?
I'll stay home forever
Where two and two always makes a five

I'll lay down the tracks
Sandbag and hide
January has April's showers
And two and two always makes a five

pm.gif   

Old 03-28-2008

United States JT
ur head asplodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog View Post
Should have just made up something crazy and interjected it into the story.
And then the bar was overwhelmed by zombies, and we had to use pool cues to drive them away while the jukebox was playing DON'T STOP ME NOW

JT has 18,012 Posts

Old 03-28-2008

United States Tim-and-Carl
 Tim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than you

fap fap fap

Tim-and-Carl has 1,830 Posts

"He walked into the shreds of flame. But they did not bite into his flesh, they caressed and engulfed him without heat or combustion. With relief, with humiliation, with terror, he understood that he too was a mere appearance, dreamt by another." - Borges

"Above all else, to thine own self be true." - Shakespeare

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Tim-and-Carl  

Old 03-28-2008

Germany Kenji
September is Reichs month
 Kenji is made of winKenji is made of winKenji is made of winKenji is made of winKenji is made of winKenji is made of winKenji is made of winKenji is made of winKenji is made of winKenji is made of winKenji is made of win

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixels View Post
somewhere, someone would find this interesting.
you would find that someone on livejournal, the same place you should find this OP in fact

Kenji has 10,655 Posts

Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country.- Hermann Goering (1893 - 1946)

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to Kenji Send a message via AIM to Kenji