Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Warcraft Discussion & Strategy

Warcraft Discussion & Strategy Research and Discuss to Win.

Old 03-16-2008

United States ChauSara
OmgLazergunPewPewPew
 ChauSara has much to be proud ofChauSara has much to be proud ofChauSara has much to be proud ofChauSara has much to be proud ofChauSara has much to be proud ofChauSara has much to be proud ofChauSara has much to be proud ofChauSara has much to be proud ofChauSara has much to be proud of

I doubt that upping graphics would also up the minimum requirements unless they completely rewrote the entire graphics engine. That would just be some different rendering methods for those without crap video cards. However, Blizz probably won't go and improve graphics universally, just with new content. (like out BC has larger landscape viewing distances, less 3d tricks due to flying, and probably some skybox stuff, since there's neat things going up in those)

Wrath of the Lick King probably will probably push it's graphics a little farther, but probably nothing of epic proportions. High-end graphics seem to dwell in the FPS category, strangely enough compared to the massive environments of MMOs where they could use good graphics instead of small environments.

ChauSara has 2,245 Posts

Nothing to see here.

pm.gif   

Old 03-17-2008

Canada KP
Words Will Never Hurt You
 KP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcapjtk View Post
That "crappy engine" works well on a variety of systems, and has had significant upgrades to accomodate TBC content, and will be further upgraded to facilitate WotLK content.

Still making things "look better," at least to the extent that these movies were done in, would drive low end systems into the ground, grind mid-levels into the single digit frame rates, and cause high ends to shudder.

Exporting a model from the MPQ files into Maya, Poser, whatever, and then throwing rendering them is a lot different than having to dynamically pull data from the mpq, shade/render it in real time. That's not counting having to keep track of NPCs, players, and effects around you.

Oh, no doubt. I'm not saying that but compared to mmorpg's being released today the engine is to be sure sub-par. I'm not arguing that they should upgrade it, only that they don't give a shit even if the need was there.

KP has 9,752 Posts

How To Get Around the Red Ring of Death Without Losing Your Xbox for two weeks
http://www.1227.com/

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to KP Send a message via MSN to KP  

Old 03-20-2008

Netherlands Adron
Fel Boar
 Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!

my pc cringed at those clips....man i need a new pc, what ye reckon?

Adron has 116 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 03-20-2008

Netherlands Hunta
Radical
 Hunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than you

I think you should quit playing WoW and hit the streets more often with me!

Hunta has 1,063 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 03-20-2008

Netherlands Adron
Fel Boar
 Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunta View Post
I think you should quit playing WoW and hit the streets more often with me!
totally depends wich streets were talkin 'bout here

Adron has 116 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 03-20-2008

United States Eli
Surgeon General's Warning
 Eli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatness

The streets of the real hood- Orange County, Cali!

Eli has 2,112 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Eli