Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Your Life, Your Thoughts, Your Nonsense.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes


Old 03-14-2007
 
#1
United States The Great Brain
Baby Blue
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,322
 The Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud of
Default BF Space Adventures, Chapter 2: A New You

---COSMONET ONLINE---
You are connected to conduit IC-00000001

GT INN/cor/cnet

Accessing INN Text-Only Feed. . . .


Navy Sent to Quell Smattering Rebels

At approximately 4:33 PM, Throne World Time, a naval strike force was dispatched to pacify an insurgent colony in the west Smattering. Operations commenced shortly thereafter.

The move was one of several conducted by the Navy in past months under the supervision of Oligarch Jarjel, who has begun an intensive program to root out the unauthorized colonization that has become so prevalent in the Smattering in past years. The Emperor himself has lent his support to the project, lauding Jarjel for taking the initiative to secure his frontier domain, and has encouraged other Oligarchs to do the same.

The following statement was released by Oligarch Jarjel in relation to the operation: "I wish all citizens to know that my only intention is to create a peaceful environment for all of us to share. It has been shown time and time again that unlicensed colonization is unsafe, and can ultimately only lead to a weakening of our community as a whole. Please know that it is my intention and expectation to keep casualties to a minumum during the entire sweep of these operations, and conflict will be brought to a halt as swiftly as possible."

---SESSION ENDED---



When you mashed a button and began your instantaneous journey to the frontier called the Smattering, you expected empty space, peace, and quiet.

Instead, you find the main gun of an Imperial Heavy Striker. It's pointed right at you.

You barely have time to realize that you have jumped into the crossfire of a space battle before the gun begins to charge. "You're fucking kidding me!" You roar, twisting your flight bars in a last-second effort to avoid the deadly ray.

You don't. Or at least, not quite. The shot tears viciously through your starboard module with a wrending crash of metal and an explosion of escaping air in the neighboring section. Your ship goes cartwheeling away, and you quickly realize that it is sinking down into the gravity well of the cold, grey planet below.

And you just got this thing.

Frighteningly quickly, your ship roars down into the atmosphere, and a wild sheet of flame ignites across your bow. Soon, the clouds part with a rush and you deploy your airbrakes, which, thank Space Jesus, still work. Sort of. You slow significantly, but not enough to make you sure that you won't die, as you careen towards the black night below you.

The only target you can make out below you is a small cluster of flashing, erratic light to your north. A land battle? You couldn't care less as you point yourself at it, and watch with dismay as it rushes up to slam into your bow, and jar you into horrible unconciousness.


After an eternity of blackness, you drift awake, and try confusedly to resolve the blur in front of you. What appears is just as confusing, and hard to interpret through a pounding headache: you are not in your ship anymore, but instead seem to be in a large, steel-panelled room filled with crates and shipping palettes. You are on some sort of cot, and next to you is a table with a bowl of red-tinged water and a dirty washcloth.

You are about to get up, when with a start, you notice a very young boy sitting next to you on the floor, back against a shipping crate. He is thin and dirty.

Your ears perk up then. You hear the booming of artillery outside.

What do you do?


EDIT: If any new readers want me to post a Cliffnotes version of the old thread, just let me know and I will if I feel like it.
 

Last edited by The Great Brain; 04-04-2007 at 05:37 PM.
The Great Brain has 6,322 Posts

 

The Great Brain is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to The Great Brain  
Reply With Quote


Old 03-14-2007
 
#2
Canada Ace
Music is my Catharsis
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,405
 Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!
Default Re: BF Space Adventures, Chapter 2: A New You

Ask the kid wtf is going on.
 
Ace has 14,405 Posts

 

Ace is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Ace  
Reply With Quote


Old 03-14-2007
 
#3
United States The Great Brain
Baby Blue
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,322
 The Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud of
Default Re: BF Space Adventures, Chapter 2: A New You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
Ask the kid wtf is going on.
Propping yourself up on your elbow, you feel a rush of nausea and an intensifying ache from your head. You shake it off, and turn towards the boy, who finally notices you with a start. He scrambles away a few feet, eyeing you nervously. "Don't worry, I won't hurt you," you say as soothingly as you can manage. "Do you know how I got here?"

The boy nods, growing a little bolder. "You fell down from the sky outside. My daddy brought you here, then he went away. He told me to clean the blood on your head. Do you know where he is?"

"Sorry, kid. No." Listening to the sound of the battle ouside, you ask, "What's going on out there? Do you know?"

"My friends are fighting the bad men that came a little while ago. They're very strong, though. Can you take me to my daddy?"

You stare at the boy, then at your rusty surroundings. You can't be sure, but it sounds like the battle is growing nearer.

What do you do?
 
The Great Brain has 6,322 Posts

 

The Great Brain is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to The Great Brain  
Reply With Quote


Old 03-14-2007
 
#4
Canada Ace
Music is my Catharsis
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,405
 Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!
Default Re: BF Space Adventures, Chapter 2: A New You

Cautiously explore what's outside the room.



Oh yeah TGB im ALL over this!
 
Ace has 14,405 Posts

 

Ace is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Ace  
Reply With Quote


Old 03-14-2007
 
#5
United States The Great Brain
Baby Blue
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,322
 The Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud of
Default Re: BF Space Adventures, Chapter 2: A New You

That's good, so we can get the boring stuff out of the way.

EDIT: Remember, I don't always just pick the first one. I just pick the one that's most fun or makes the most sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
Cautiously explore what's outside the room.
Rising weakly to your feet, you look for an exit. You spot only one, on the farthest wall from you. Cautiously, you approach it, and slide the thick door aside.

You are faced with total carnage. Through the door is what was once a large chamber, now shattered by artillery fire. Perhaps a quarter of the room's concrete floor is still intact, and that is littered with bodies. The rest is a cracked shell of half-toppled walls and piles of rubble. Flames dance from various sources, providing dim illumination for the charred corpses. Beyond the walls, you see the flashes of weapons fire and hear the screams of buckling defensive lines. The Imperials are about to come down hard on this village.

Cursing, you then realize that everything is still back in your ship: your weapons, your supplies, even your scepters, if they have any further use. You check your belt and find that you still have your shock pistols, and a couple cartridges.

You whirl, hearing a sound behind you, and see that it's only the boy, quiet and uncertain.

What do you do?
 
The Great Brain has 6,322 Posts

 

The Great Brain is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to The Great Brain  
Reply With Quote


Old 03-14-2007
 
#6
United States Sabre_X
ばか
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 601
 Sabre_X has a spectacular aura aboutSabre_X has a spectacular aura aboutSabre_X has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: BF Space Adventures, Chapter 2: A New You

Yeah it's the Ace show again. Damn your reaction time

Btw, "Space Jesus" made me laugh.
 
Sabre_X has 601 Posts

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
 

Sabre_X is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Sabre_X  
Reply With Quote


Old 03-14-2007
 
#7
Canada Ace
Music is my Catharsis
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,405
 Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!
Default Re: BF Space Adventures, Chapter 2: A New You

Head outside and see if you can find your ship. Take the kid with you, of course. He might come in handy.
 
Ace has 14,405 Posts

 

Ace is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Ace  
Reply With Quote


Old 03-15-2007
 
#8
United States The Great Brain
Baby Blue
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,322
 The Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud of
Default Re: BF Space Adventures, Chapter 2: A New You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
Head outside and see if you can find your ship. Take the kid with you, of course. He might come in handy.
You decide that you'll look for your ship, but know that you can't just leave the kid behind. "Come on," you say. You offer him your hand, which he takes after a moment. You lead him through the rubble and out past the ruin of the building, and can now clearly see the advancing Imperial lines, not more than a couple hundred meters away. Not far ahead, you see a fleeing figure sprinting through the ruins with a rifle slung on its back, bouncing on its strap.

You can make out only a few areas very clearly in the midnight blackness that surrounds you. There are scattered fires everywhere, but off in the distance you see a far larger one, flanking a mound of charred metal, flickering with reflected flames. There's a chance it's your ship. What you also see is the only spot left that seems to still have artificial light, unmistakably a landing pad, with something on it, hopefully an operational ship. However, the landing pad is closer to the ever-advancing Imperials, and possibly your only hope of leaving this planet alive.

What do you do?
 
The Great Brain has 6,322 Posts

 

The Great Brain is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to The Great Brain  
Reply With Quote


Old 03-15-2007
 
#9
Canada Ace
Music is my Catharsis
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,405
 Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!
Default Re: BF Space Adventures, Chapter 2: A New You

Try and get to your ship, you need those scepters!
 
Ace has 14,405 Posts

 

Ace is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Ace  
Reply With Quote


Old 03-15-2007
 
#10
United States Luther Stark
a.w.o.l
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,052
 Luther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of win
Default Re: BF Space Adventures, Chapter 2: A New You

Get the kid to run (by screaming, pushing, motinoing) towards the imperials in the opposite direction of your ship and the landing pad...

And hope they don't kill him before you get your gear and get off the planet.

(I hope you don't mind a bit of humor. If you want only serious replies i'll mind my own buisnesses.. I love these threads!)
 
 

Luther Stark is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 03-15-2007
 
#11
United Kingdom Haggis Mcjackass
Formerly The Hitman
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,382
 Haggis Mcjackass has become enlightenedHaggis Mcjackass has become enlightenedHaggis Mcjackass has become enlightenedHaggis Mcjackass has become enlightenedHaggis Mcjackass has become enlightenedHaggis Mcjackass has become enlightenedHaggis Mcjackass has become enlightenedHaggis Mcjackass has become enlightenedHaggis Mcjackass has become enlightenedHaggis Mcjackass has become enlightenedHaggis Mcjackass has become enlightened
Default Re: BF Space Adventures, Chapter 2: A New You

fight your way to the ship then fly over to your crashed ship and get your stuff and GTFO
 
Haggis Mcjackass has 1,382 Posts

Bob's Facist Dictatorship: oppressing Bob's Militia since 7/15/2006
"He's a bad muthafucka don't you know, he'll crawl over 50 good pussies to get at a fat boys asshole."
 

Haggis Mcjackass is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 03-15-2007
 
#12
United States The Great Brain
Baby Blue
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,322
 The Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud of
Default Re: BF Space Adventures, Chapter 2: A New You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luther Stark
(I hope you don't mind a bit of humor. If you want only serious replies i'll mind my own buisnesses.. I love these threads!)
A little humor never hurt anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
fight your way to the ship then fly over to your crashed ship and get your stuff and GTFO
Thinking quick, you make your choice. You know that you won't have time to search your ship and then get to the landing pad before it's overrun by Imperial soldiers. You have to go there first.

Gripping the kid's hand, you half-drag, half-carry him across the scorched remains of his village towards the landing pad. The Imperials must have been closer than you thought, a couple have already made their way to the pad, skirting the edges of the single floodlight still illuminating it. Drawing a shock pistol, you draw a bead on the closest, and fire. By sheer luck, it's a good enough shot to take him down, the soldier firing wildly into the air as he falls to the ground. The other, though, opens up in your general direction with his far superior weapon. He clearly has no idea where you are, though, so you continue circling the pad until you are behind the confused rookie. You plant a shot in the back of his head.

Behind you, you hear the boy crying, but can do nothing but ignore him for now.

You size up the small vessel, which the colony must have used for supply runs. It's an uttlerly pathetic little hauler, must be twenty years old, you think. Absently, you realize it's an old Imperial model.

You board it with the kid, and strap him into a passenger seat, and mount the helm yourself. "Hold on kid, you'll be just fine," you offer as you power up the vessel. You activate thrusters only, and the ship jumps into the air with a massive "poof," like a very loud cartoon magic trick. You keep it low, praying that no spotters announce your presence to the artillery guns, and hover over to what you believe to be your vessel.

You spot them then. Approaching from a few hundred meters behind your ship is a second column of Imperials, apparently planning to flank what is left of the colonists. They have a light hovercan with them, which is mounted with anti-personnel guns and a big, fat cannon of some kind that could surely put your tiny ship out of service. You slow down for a moment, now a little uncertain of your plan.

What do you do?
 

Last edited by The Great Brain; 03-15-2007 at 03:17 PM.
The Great Brain has 6,322 Posts

 

The Great Brain is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to The Great Brain  
Reply With Quote


Old 03-15-2007
 
#13
Canada Ace
Music is my Catharsis
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,405
 Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!
Default Re: BF Space Adventures, Chapter 2: A New You

Hold on tight and crash your ship into the cannon to put it out of commission?
 
Ace has 14,405 Posts

 

Ace is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Ace  
Reply With Quote


Old 03-16-2007
 
#14
United States The Great Brain
Baby Blue
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,322
 The Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud ofThe Great Brain has much to be proud of
Default Re: BF Space Adventures, Chapter 2: A New You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
Hold on tight and crash your ship into the cannon to put it out of commission?
Deciding that you have to get to your ship and knowing that you won't do that without destroying the hovercan, you pilot towards the vehicle, intent on crashing into it. The ship leans foward and picks up momentum, and you start to hurtle towards the hovercan, whose gun is already training itself on you, and with a heavy "thunk," fires.

The shot clips your ship, which immediately starts to wobble and dive towards the ground. Fighting your descent, you strain at your flight bars, and swoop down towards the vehicle. You cringe as you realize that you will hit it, and jerk forward as your ship smacks into it face to face, with a massive, metallic crunch. You skip off the hovercan like a stone, and plow into a pile of rubble about twenty meters away.

You shake your head, dispelling the daze that the crash left you in. The kid is crying again, and now, shipless and prayerless, you wonder if you should join him.

What do you do?
 
The Great Brain has 6,322 Posts

 

The Great Brain is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to The Great Brain  
Reply With Quote


Old 03-15-2007
 
#15
Canada InRage
Thrashing
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,002
 InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!
Default Re: BF Space Adventures, Chapter 2: A New You

Slow the hell down, so they come up close, and then jump on their ship and use the huge cannony thing to kill everyone..
 
InRage has 3,002 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doombringer64
Caution the sarcasm served here is hot. In fact it is heated over geothermic vents, so if you burn yourself you'll probably die, but more importantly it's your own damn fault.
The one formerly known as Inrage
 

InRage is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to InRage  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Space Battles Lord Zack StarCraft Discussion 53 05-18-2007 12:07 AM
Interest check/what do you want to see- BF Space Adventures Part 2? The Great Brain Chit Chat 16 03-12-2007 08:28 PM
BF Space Adventures: Chapter 1 The Great Brain Chit Chat 724 11-19-2006 01:51 AM
Warhammer 40k - Brotherhood Of Stronghold Stronghold Works-In-Progress 2 09-27-2006 11:11 PM
Why do my posts keep disappearing in BF space adventures InRage Chit Chat 4 09-25-2006 12:51 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:15 AM.
Designed by XG3