Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes


Old 07-02-2006
 
#1
Israel Xeo
The Shadow Poster!
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,219
 Xeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightened
Default Xel'Naga

as posted earlier in my other Thread:

Thread 1 - Xel'Naga

the Xel'Naga have always been a good base of continuation for SC meaning we all thought that they might make an appereance(sp?) in the next sequel
well there are some questions about them!
  1. what do they look like?
  2. what interest did they have in creating both protoss and zerg?
  3. are the Xel'Naga Good or Bad?
  4. would the Xel'Naga be a playable race in SC2?
  5. what kind of race are the Xel'Naga(water,air,earth,space)?
  6. if the Xel'Naga Will come what would their role be?
  7. if the Xel'Naga come would it be because of the Hybrids or because of something else?
I know i may have forgotten stuff you can add as you wish

Discuss!

~XT
 

Last edited by Xeo; 07-02-2006 at 12:02 PM.
Xeo has 2,219 Posts

I'm looking for staff members for StarCraft Universe, contact me if you're interested.
Remember Winace! -Click here!
Xeo - Meaning: Innovative ideas that have yet to be discovered; All knowing of what is yet to be discovered
 

Xeo is offline


pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to Xeo Send a message via MSN to Xeo  
Reply With Quote


Old 07-02-2006
 
#2
United States Kassad
Serenity Now
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,080
 Kassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightened
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xel'Naga Temple
what do they look like?
what interest did they have in creating both protoss and zerg?
are the Xel'Naga Good or Bad?
would the Xel'Naga be a playable race in SC2?
what kind of race are the Xel'Naga(water,air,earth,space)?
if the Xel'Naga Will come what would their role be?
if the Xel'Naga come would it be because of the Hybrids or because of something else?
1. I see them as looking Protoss like for some reason.
2. Possibly for their own uses, whether it be Universal domination or just a simple experiment to test their power.
3. I believe they had good intentions with the Zerg and Protoss, but would probably be corrupted.
4. I'm not sure whether I want them to be or not.
5. Probably Space.
6. They will attempt to regain control of the Zerg and Protoss by using the Hybrids. Or maybe just destroy them using the Hybrids.
7. If they were behind the HYbrids, see 6. If not, then they will probably try to control the Hybrids or what not.
 
Kassad has 5,080 Posts
 

Kassad is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Kassad  
Reply With Quote


Old 07-03-2006
 
#3
Australia SomeFella
!SomeFella!
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 36
 SomeFella is just really niceSomeFella is just really niceSomeFella is just really niceSomeFella is just really nice
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xel'Naga Temple
1. what do they look like?
2. what interest did they have in creating both protoss and zerg?
3. are the Xel'Naga Good or Bad?
4. would the Xel'Naga be a playable race in SC2?
5. what kind of race are the Xel'Naga(water,air,earth,space)?
6. if the Xel'Naga Will come what would their role be?
7. if the Xel'Naga come would it be because of the Hybrids or because of something else?
1. I to see them being like the Protoss with some Zerg features.
2. An experiament maybe, maybe the Protoss Zerg War is all part of an Experiament, with the Terran a small knock back, maybe there looking for a Race to take oer there spots as Rulers of the Galaxey...... thats if there still a working race.
3. I would guess bad or Neutrel, The Xel-Naga may help the Protoss or Zerg through out SC2 and may even help Ranyor and the Terrans, if there good that is. Well if there bad..... there with Duran.
4. Maybe, most say the Hybrids will be the 4th race in SC2, but I would like to see the Xel-Naga or the UED as the playable 4th Race. Or they could come in with the Expansion like the Naga did in WC3.
5. This is a difficult question, I would think a light race considering the ending the end of the PRotoss campaign at BW.
6. Either, a good side role with them helping the Terrans and PRotoss over Kerry and Duran, an evil threat helping and watching Furan and his Hybrids or could be an enemy of all and Durans mission (A renegade "good" Xel-Naga was to build an army to repel the Xel-Naga.
7. Becuase of the Hybrids or because they wanted to conqour all at this point no one knows but i could and probally be because of the Hybrids.
 
SomeFella has 36 Posts
 

SomeFella is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to SomeFella  
Reply With Quote


Old 07-03-2006
 
#4
Romania andrewbwm
Dark Templar Amphitrion
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21
 andrewbwm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xel'Naga Temple
as posted earlier in my other Thread:

Thread 1 - Xel'Naga

the Xel'Naga have always been a good base of continuation for SC meaning we all thought that they might make an appereance(sp?) in the next sequel
well there are some questions about them!
  1. what do they look like?
  2. what interest did they have in creating both protoss and zerg?
  3. are the Xel'Naga Good or Bad?
  4. would the Xel'Naga be a playable race in SC2?
  5. what kind of race are the Xel'Naga(water,air,earth,space)?
  6. if the Xel'Naga Will come what would their role be?
  7. if the Xel'Naga come would it be because of the Hybrids or because of something else?
I know i may have forgotten stuff you can add as you wish
1. I would say they have a psionic appearance, meaning the look like archons but they are further focused on their psionic energies so their organic matter is insignificant
2. The fulfilment of a prophecy as old as the universe itself
3. They are beyond good and evil but i expect them to help the protoss
4. They might but this would be the ultimate challenge for Blizzard because they have to be flawless
5. Space
6. The Xel' Naga will make sure that the protoss complete the prophecy i was talking about
7. The hybrids are indeed a part of the prophecy so one might say it is due to them
 
andrewbwm has 21 Posts

 

andrewbwm is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 07-03-2006
 
#5
Romania Xenith
Scavenger
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 254
 Xenith has a reputation beyond reputeXenith has a reputation beyond reputeXenith has a reputation beyond reputeXenith has a reputation beyond reputeXenith has a reputation beyond reputeXenith has a reputation beyond reputeXenith has a reputation beyond reputeXenith has a reputation beyond reputeXenith has a reputation beyond reputeXenith has a reputation beyond reputeXenith has a reputation beyond repute
Default

1. well, we can only guess... I don't like guessing
2. I know it says in the hystory part on SCL... or so I think. anyway, probably to have a race to pass their knowledge to. yes, now that I think of it there is a lot about why the Xel'Nage made the toss and the zerg in the history link on SCL
3. well, if you ask me, there is no good or bad race in sc because every race has interests. objectives excuse the ways in obtaining them... that's how it's translated from my language
4. probably not, it wouyldn't really make any sence IMO
5. I don't think there's a single element (you said water, fire, space, etc) at their base. I don't know.
6. honestly I can't imagine the Xel'Naga being present in SC2
7. read number 6
 
Xenith has 254 Posts

 

Xenith is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via Yahoo to Xenith 
Reply With Quote


Old 07-08-2006
 
#6
Russian Federation L33t N1nj4 Boris
Businessman Extroadinaire
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1
 L33t N1nj4 Boris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xel'Naga Temple
as posted earlier in my other Thread:

Thread 1 - Xel'Naga

  1. what do they look like?
  2. what interest did they have in creating both protoss and zerg?
  3. are the Xel'Naga Good or Bad?
  4. would the Xel'Naga be a playable race in SC2?
  5. what kind of race are the Xel'Naga(water,air,earth,space)?
  6. if the Xel'Naga Will come what would their role be?
  7. if the Xel'Naga come would it be because of the Hybrids or because of something else?

~XT
1) i agree with one of the guys above, i think they are psionic entities because of the Khaydarin crystals
2) To form the perfect race to probably conquer the universe
3) good/neutral/bad
4) i think so, i believe they would be incredibly expensive and enormously powerful
5) space
6) enemy/ally
7) hybrids, they are the mix between purity of form (protoss) and purity of essence (zerg) so they would be seen as the perfect race the Xel'Naga sought
 
L33t N1nj4 Boris has 1 Posts

"War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength" -Big Brother (1984)
 

L33t N1nj4 Boris is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 07-08-2006
 
#7
No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Doctor_Unknown
Ubiquitous Doom
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 833
 Doctor_Unknown is a glorious beacon of lightDoctor_Unknown is a glorious beacon of lightDoctor_Unknown is a glorious beacon of lightDoctor_Unknown is a glorious beacon of lightDoctor_Unknown is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Quote:
what do they look like?
what interest did they have in creating both protoss and zerg?
are the Xel'Naga Good or Bad?
would the Xel'Naga be a playable race in SC2?
what kind of race are the Xel'Naga(water,air,earth,space)?
if the Xel'Naga Will come what would their role be?
if the Xel'Naga come would it be because of the Hybrids or because of something else?

1. Delicate and frail

2. Some inexplicable drive to create the perfect race.

3. Depends on your point of view

4. No. Perhaps you would get some units of theirs for a particular mission, but beyond that I don't believe so.

5. Ima guess terrestrial, as they use ships.

6. This is pure conjecture, but perhaps so eradicate the protoss and the zerg, as they are both "failures". Naturally, the Terrans will also end up getting caught in the fun.

7. See above.
 
Doctor_Unknown has 833 Posts
 

Doctor_Unknown is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Doctor_Unknown  
Reply With Quote


Old 07-15-2006
 
#8
United States Crystalv2
Avenger
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 290
 Crystalv2 has become enlightenedCrystalv2 has become enlightenedCrystalv2 has become enlightenedCrystalv2 has become enlightenedCrystalv2 has become enlightenedCrystalv2 has become enlightenedCrystalv2 has become enlightenedCrystalv2 has become enlightenedCrystalv2 has become enlightenedCrystalv2 has become enlightenedCrystalv2 has become enlightened
Default

Quote:
1. what do they look like?
2. what interest did they have in creating both protoss and zerg?
3. are the Xel'Naga Good or Bad?
4. would the Xel'Naga be a playable race in SC2?
5. what kind of race are the Xel'Naga(water,air,earth,space)?
6. if the Xel'Naga Will come what would their role be?
7. if the Xel'Naga come would it be because of the Hybrids or because of something else?
1. They wear hooded cloaks to hide their features.
2. They were attempting to create the Perfect Race. First came the protoss which they gave Purity of Form. Then the Zerg which they gave Purity of Essence after the protoss were considered a failure.
3. In life, there is no true good and bad, only shades of grey. The Xel'naga would most likely be classified as neutral to aviod conflict and observe the situation from afar.
4. Most likely not, instead they might be encountered through ainchient recordings or artifacts. At best a few might introduce themselves to the charactors but that is about it.
5. ce they lived in ships and could breathe the air on Aiur, and by their vaguely humaniod shape I would have to guess land.
6. If they do come, which is unlikely, it will be as the role of observers of the chaos throughout the K-Sector.
7. They would probobly come to observe the impact on the surrounding space and then enslave the victor.
 
Crystalv2 has 290 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSoviet View Post
I`d rather change my name to Lulu and go around the corner giving special favors to people for money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSoviet View Post
Shall we all just accept that fact and pray for Arnold to have sex with us some day ?
 

Crystalv2 is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 07-16-2006
 
#9
Philippine Kloji
Twilight Strider
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 30
 Kloji is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Xel'Naga Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeo
[
  1. what do they look like?
  2. what interest did they have in creating both protoss and zerg?
  3. are the Xel'Naga Good or Bad?
  4. would the Xel'Naga be a playable race in SC2?
  5. what kind of race are the Xel'Naga(water,air,earth,space)?
  6. if the Xel'Naga Will come what would their role be?
  7. if the Xel'Naga come would it be because of the Hybrids or because of something else?
1. They may be Terran-like (my best guess) or they could be energy-like beings without exact solid forms(this would explain the creation of a perfect race)
2. They want to transfer their souls into the race they create
3. They are EVIL!!! Even more evil than the Zerg. I sure wish they are...
4. They won't be, I have a strong feeling about this
5. Extra-dimensional
6. Destroy the Zerg and Protoss (at which they would fail)
7. Something else... Hybrids could become their staunch opponents
 
Kloji has 30 Posts

I'm a goofy goober yeah!
You're a goofy goober yeah!

Superior capability in language does not necessarily equate to superior intelligence.
 

Kloji is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 07-16-2006
 
#10
New Zealand MattII
Member
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,639
 MattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too long
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeo
  1. what do they look like?
  2. what interest did they have in creating both protoss and zerg?
  3. are the Xel'Naga Good or Bad?
  4. would the Xel'Naga be a playable race in SC2?
  5. what kind of race are the Xel'Naga(water,air,earth,space)?
  6. if the Xel'Naga Will come what would their role be?
  7. if the Xel'Naga come would it be because of the Hybrids or because of something else?
~XT
1. Haven't a clue.
2. They're lonely, they eventually want friends so they try to create them.
3. They're scientists, so you can't really say either way, but I'm inclined to say good.
4. Maybe. If not, they'll be heros for existing races.
5. Space, but with generous interest in land.
6. Maybe they'll try to destroy (they wouldn't be in favour of the Zerg) , maybe they'll try to help (they'll probably like the fact that the Protoss are unified again), maybe they'll just observe (Terrans rose, presumably, without their help).
7. Maybe because of the hybrid (either in favour or against), or they might be stumbled across by one of the other races.
 
 

MattII is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 07-16-2006
 
#11
New Zealand MattII
Member
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,639
 MattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too long
Default

Sorry about the double post, my internet stuffed up for a moment. I didn't realise a copy had already been submitted.
 

Last edited by MattII; 07-16-2006 at 07:54 AM.
 

MattII is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
StarCraft Concepts, Theories and Ideas Zero StarCraft Discussion 294 03-11-2008 10:59 AM
The only game ideas I could retrive Empror_Michael StarCraft Discussion 3 04-27-2007 06:54 AM
my theory on duran, the hybrids, Xel'Naga and everything else in sc universe FPS_Deano StarCraft Discussion 48 03-11-2007 04:16 PM
SC2: History of the Hybrids Fenix StarCraft Discussion 15 07-23-2006 02:36 AM
SC2 forum Suggestions Xeo StarCraft Discussion 3 07-05-2006 01:15 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:12 PM.
Designed by XG3