Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 07-02-2006

United States Fenix
Our Strength is Eternal
 Fenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatness
Default SC2: History of the Hybrids

I'm being working on this bitch for 3 years now, before this BF I had the title of Sc2 Theorist, and here you will know why, hopefully you can find my take on the whole Hybrid shit suriously.... Now like me open your eyes...... But BE WARNED THIS IS STILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL FAN MADE STORYLINE... Enjoy and question and hope you people NEVER thought about this.......

PS: Ignore the Hybrid Hell part......

Dark Heritage

History of the "Hybrids"

"Your violence, young prodigal, is typical. As is
your inability to comprehend the greater scheme
of things. You can destroy all of the specimens
here. It will do you no good. For I have seeded
the Hybrid on many, many worlds. You will never
find them all before they awaken... And when they
do... your universe will be changed... forever."
- Samir Duran

Genesis

Before the chaotic struggle for the K-Sector, a nomadic race known as the Xel'Naga travel the stars, searching for the perfect subjects for their grand experiment. Overcoming numerous ends and mistakes, they came upon the jungle world of Aiur, a world they crafted, that they have nearly forgotten. Marveled at it denizens that habited the large world, they began to "assist" in their growth. The "Qipor Bopv" in native Xel'Naga tongue, or First Born was what they where named, Purity of Form is what they process, the Protoss where born.

Utilizing their advance technology, they manage to further develop the sleeping psionic link within every "First Born". Over time, generations, the Xel'Naga slowy began revealing themselves to a unify Protoss sociality. Constructing a temple marking their first steps on Aiur, they approached their "children". Slowly, the Protoss realized their heritage, and slowly began worshipping them as Gods. But that was not to last forever, as questions regarding what are the new "Gods" purpose, their loyalty of their Gods where in question....

The Protoss grew hostile amongst themselves, and soon felt the same ways to their "Gods". Xel'Naga, alert to this alarming development, secretly began to leave the engineered jungle world. The Protoss visioned this as a traitorous act, and with their newly developed technology of space travel, they started a pursuit. The majority of Xel'Naga worldships manage to escape the grasp of their creations.

The lesser ships where destroyed by the Protoss, the "First Born". Sadden and disturbed by their failure, the Xel'Naga flee from their children, and vow to never return. A dark age of the Protoss, known as the Aeon of Strife soon followed.

But tempation proved to be one's folly. The Xel'Naga would once again seek perfection in their craft. Soon they made voyaged to the semi molten world of Zerus after hundreds of years since their flight from they failed creation on Aiur........ The outcome was the same....

Denizens of Zerus where worms, small organic life forms of the simplest kind. They are blessed with what the Xel'Naga were searching for, the Purity of Essence. The small harmless worms of Zerus grew to dangerous monstrosities under their nature. Adapt, assimilate, breed, consume, this was the very nature of the ancient "parasites". The Zerg where born.

The Xel'Naga soon grew the Overmind, the very brain of the Zerg as a Xel'Naga agent, communicating with their bastard creation. The Overmind rose to power, learning of its capabilites, it soon began masterminding a plot to destroy the Xel'Naga...

Native that their creation would obey, the Overmind rebelled against the chains of the Xel'Naga and massacred their parents, with their flying, space triving creatures. The greater whole of the Xel'Naga fleet was destroyed.............. by their own creation.

Exodus

The Xel'Naga, flee recklessly across the galaxy, searching for safety, unknowing, that the Zerg creatures were in an endless pursuit behind them. The lead Xel'Naga worldship and the Leader address his people, his race, to scatter across the far reaches of the Universe and and seek safety.

The Xel'Naga worldships vanished one by one in spectacular series of light, knowingly drawing the attention of the Zerg attack force. The Leader chosed to turn himself and his city as bait for the Zerg, allowing his people to flee. After a hellish bombardment, the ship's crew escaped with their lives on several escape capsules, cheating death, and the Swarm.

The destruction of the Worldship unleashed a massive explosion, killing the Zerg along with numerous Xel'Naga caught in it way. The remaining Xel'Naga embarked to the nearest planet for repairs and shelter. The planet was void of life, a dark, lifeless world, incapable of substaining the Xel'Naga for long. Using whatever they had, that manage to craft small energy crystals, turning cosmic energy unleashed from their destroyed Worldship to useable heating and light in the dark world.

They named the world "Twiaiynt Oaoro", Xel'Naga tongue for Twilight Oasis. There the Xel'Naga would stay, hoping that their brethen will return..... with aid...... They will bear living on the dark rock for another 300000 years.

Leviticus

Strife among brothers was a tradition for the Protoss for a nearly a millenia since their abandonment. The peaceful First Born turn to savage hunters of their own kin. Mass genocide spread past the surface of Aiur, the planet itself was scar by centuries of war and death. The Protoss was their own worsted enemy.

It seemed that the Protoss have lost their Psionic bond with one another and corrupted their own minds with ideals of greed and power. Many Tribes disappeared from the face of existance, driven to extinction by Tribes they once called brothers. The Protoss were a failed creation............

But that was not to be, as seeds of redemption spouted on the younger generation of the Protoss, the ones that question why?

"Why must brothers shred themselves with are blades? What as come upon are noble race?" was the famous words of the Protoss Khas, "He Who Brings Order". Few listen to the wisdom of Khas, driving the young Templar to strive deeper for unity. His desire will drive him to discover a spark of light, the existing fact that their kin's gifts have not been losed, only buried under evil desires.

He was first to rediscover and use Xel'Naga techology, a feat that hasn't been done in over millennias. With his teachings, slowly but surely, the young Protoss of Aiur began to follow in the ways of "Khala" much to the resentment and rage of their elder Tribe Leaders. Khas knew that as long as the elderly Tribe Leaders live, Protoss will follow their old ways of tradition, which was slaughtering one another. Khas made the descison, with his Khala follower they convinced or killed all of the Tribe Leaders on Aiur and any other Protoss colony, the only way for unity........ The Aeon of Strife ended.........

Khas' Khala claimed, has he named, was the 'path of ascension' for the Protoss. This was ironic, as the religion itself divided the race into a Caste system, the strongest being Khas original follows, called Judicators, the Warriors who fought in the Aeon of Strife where transformed into the Templar Caste second only under the Judicators, and the working class of the race, the Khalai Caste..... Peace was formed over the next century..... Khas soon decided that the time was upon the First Born, to reunite with their fathers..... Khas met secretly with his Judicators, hatching a plot to journey into the corners of space to seek and hopefully find the Xel'Naga, while some where skeptical of his plans they agreed anyway, seeing once Khas is gone, more power will be given to them for they own personal gain. Khas was made to believe died of old age, completely fooling the Protoss population with a Hallucination with himself, a trick discover by Khas himself through strict training. With handful of personal brethen and hand picked followers, Khas left Aiur, hoping to correct their sins commited in their ignorance.

The Quickening

Khas' own desire drove his men to the vast reaches of modern space. Overseeing the birth of stars, and the death of planets. Khas's legacy was soon forgotten, but his deeds still remembered.. During one faithful day, his ship'sensors detected strong amount of Psionic energy present on just one planet. Khas eagerly commanded his fleet to set down on a volcanic world, uncharted in his maps... Khas' fleet drift along the cosmos on their useless search for their parents..... only to find their siblings...... Khas's warriors fought bravely in battle, wounding a strong number of Zerg before being killed.... Khas was fatality wounded and left dieing on Zerus...... The Zerg Overmind felt an unnerving hunger to consumer his brother, the visions it had picked up from the Xel'naga where in reached... Khas became a servant of the Zerg Overmind.........

Khas awoke to his chamber, the internal organs of a Zerg chrysalis. He felt his mind slowly drift away from his control, becoming the will of the Zerg.... His power was staggering, in return at the cost of his form, now an abomination from Zerg genetics......The Overmind marveled at its creation, soon deciding to seek out in search to consume more of their siblings..... Unknownst to the Overmind, Khas still had a fragment of control of his mind and will. The centuries of conditioning and training in the ways of his people and their gift granted him barely enough power and control to slip away as the Zerg finally exile themselves from Zerus. The Overmind lost his servant as the Swarm jumped into the many cosmic rifts it created, it felt his connection breaking away as Khas manage to alter the rifts course.... The noble Protoss Khas battled his corrupted mind, finally able to destroy the Psionic bond connecting him with the Overmind after a centuries of running and hiding. His victory was short lived.... His control began to slip away, at first slowly, day by day, then rapidly from years to years. He at last fallen to his desires, to the imprints burned into his thoughts by the Overmind......... To create the perfect race...... the complete unity of both form, and essences..... The Purity of Birth...........

Purity of Birth

While physically unable to infest his both races himself, Khas turned to other means, Breeding. This ideal of forging and constructing from lesser beings to create the perfect race was perhaps given to him by his parents... The Protoss/Zerg hybrid's plans would go unfilled as he patiently waits for the right moment....in till the arrival of the Terrans.. Khas observered the strange beings as they crashed landed blindly onto his planet. The Terran's ship was referred to the Terrans as the Nagglfar. He viewed the Terrans and their experiments. The crash left few survivors, but they made due with what they had and slowly started to settle on the planet.

The pitiful race reminded Khas of his former race, easily temped by their desires. Their leader, a Terran named Doran Routhe slowly began exploring the planet, collecting the inhabitants like mammals, small birds, and giant reptiles in his experiments. He always kept his studies and notes in a Terran device known as a Computer referred to as ATLAS. Khas' plans could finally come into fruition.

Days after, Khas killed Doran Routhe in his personal quarters with out mercy, a Zerg instinct. The Terrans, armed with only tools of their own making where quickly disposed of, killing the all Terrans on planetside in a matter of weeks. There standing in solitude Khas slowly learned the treasures of the supercomputer ATLAS in the course of the next decades or so, and marvelled at the knowledge he obtained. His method of breeding was chosen..... Gene Splicing......... In a raw test of Psionic power, he destroyed ATLAS, sealing his knowledge and desire forever. Slowly Khas dismantled the homes and vehicles of the former inhabitants to create an escape ship. He left the planet once more, never to return. Khas was hoping to find more underings he undoubtly know will follow under his footsteps. Khas honored Doran Routhe, the small insect that gave him his chance, by taking on his form, calling himself Samir Duran.......... and among others...

The Experiment

COMING SOON!!!

Last edited by Fenix; 07-02-2006 at 01:38 PM. Reason: EDITED FOR SPELLING ERRORS.... GRAMMAR SUCKS BALLS!!!!!!!!!
Fenix has 1,122 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-02-2006

United States UED Special Ops
BF Vet
 UED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightened

Dang, that was good. Really, really good. Once the Rep system comes back, I will +rep you. Excellent work, it sounded almost exactly like the Race histories that Blizz wrote up.

UED Special Ops has 4,775 Posts

06-27-06: The date that BF returned!!

pm.gif   

Old 07-02-2006

United States Ranre
No
 Ranre has much to be proud ofRanre has much to be proud ofRanre has much to be proud ofRanre has much to be proud ofRanre has much to be proud ofRanre has much to be proud ofRanre has much to be proud ofRanre has much to be proud ofRanre has much to be proud of

Nice work. I have to find my floppy which holds 34.6MB of StarCraft idea's so I can share them here... Anyways props man, nice job.

Ranre has 2,472 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-02-2006

United States Fenix
Our Strength is Eternal
 Fenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatness

Its what 3 years of hardwork and research would get ya..... Its different from all the theories of Duran being a rogue Xel'Naga isn't it? Who the hell would have thought Duran had any connection with Khas?!

Fenix has 1,122 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-02-2006

Canada RODTHEGOD
Rise of the Black Leaf
 RODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too long

wow that was good
nice job

RODTHEGOD has 1,283 Posts

Its Only a matter of time

pm.gif   

Old 07-02-2006

Romania andrewbwm
Dark Templar Amphitrion
 andrewbwm is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Really nice, there are some spelling mistakes but it a very good story. I especially liked how you tied up all the loose ends. I had another view on the hybrid race I hope I'll have time to post it Saturday or so... I am pretty busy with my final exams right now but I will try to write it afterwards. Congratulations man good work!

Last edited by andrewbwm; 07-02-2006 at 10:38 AM.
andrewbwm has 21 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-02-2006

United States Kassad
Serenity Now
 Kassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightened

Damn! Now that's what I call Blizzard-style material! Where's the rep system when I need it...

Kassad has 5,080 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Kassad  

Old 07-02-2006

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

Out of all the Hybrid theories with Samir Duran being one of the rouge Xel'Naga, yours is the best and plot twisting, similiar to that of Blizzard. I have never thought of Khas being Samir Duran, which is ironic. You have created one of the demi gods of the Protoss turning to the madman who seeks for perfection.

Certainly I would mark this 10/10, but the spelling errors are a tad little too much. 9.5/10 would be best for you even with some spelling errors.

Well, let's see if I can just go and find my old stories back of the Hybrids. Might want to make even more remodification with you establishing such an creative story.

- Sasuke

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Meteora  

Old 07-02-2006

United States Death
The Grim Spectre of Death
 Death was born to leadDeath was born to leadDeath was born to leadDeath was born to leadDeath was born to leadDeath was born to leadDeath was born to leadDeath was born to lead

Wow now that is some serious work you have there. I thought it was great and had some plot twists.
Though some spelling errors are there like everyone else pointed out.

Death has 1,575 Posts

"Over all people have I surrendered thee the power, only not over this one which has received freedom from Death through the Law"
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

-Death

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Death  

Old 07-02-2006

United States Fenix
Our Strength is Eternal

God Damn Spelling! Don't Let That Fuck Up Your Experience Now!!

Fenix has 1,122 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-02-2006

United States Kassad
Serenity Now
 Kassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightened

It didn't take out of the experience for me.

Kassad has 5,080 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Kassad  

Old 07-05-2006

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country LuRKeR
Marines look cool
 LuRKeR is an unknown quantity at this point

there were spelling errors?

Yeah nice story dude, but if this really happened, im blameing you for ruining my game play if starcraft 2 comes out. Cant get any better but can get wayyyyy wayyyy worse, thats what blizzard gets!

LuRKeR has 123 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to LuRKeR  

Old 07-05-2006

Canada Drake Clawfang
Guardian of Helm
 Drake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to all

very nice, but there is one small, minor detail I really hate to point out since this was so good...

Doran Routhe wasn't on the expedition to K-Sector, he stayed behind on Earth.

Drake Clawfang has 3,330 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-05-2006

United States Fenix
Our Strength is Eternal

Touche!! See guys one crack in the armor could shoot the 3 years of research down.... Perhaps not, see Khas could have hook up ATLAS and learned about Doran, liking him so much, he just took his form and used his name as his alias......

But the plausible theory I have is Duran being Khas. Plus it would make a KILLER storyline when Khas confronts Doran on Earth....

Last edited by Fenix; 07-05-2006 at 01:59 PM.
Fenix has 1,122 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-05-2006

Canada Drake Clawfang
Guardian of Helm
 Drake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to all

the learning abour Doran from ATLAS makes sense. I enjoyed the idea, and it's really well thought out. Nice job.

Drake Clawfang has 3,330 Posts

pm.gif