Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2008

Pitcairn Islands o(x_x)o
your majesty
 o(x_x)o has a reputation beyond reputeo(x_x)o has a reputation beyond reputeo(x_x)o has a reputation beyond reputeo(x_x)o has a reputation beyond reputeo(x_x)o has a reputation beyond reputeo(x_x)o has a reputation beyond reputeo(x_x)o has a reputation beyond reputeo(x_x)o has a reputation beyond reputeo(x_x)o has a reputation beyond reputeo(x_x)o has a reputation beyond reputeo(x_x)o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Discussing ressource sharing, on a 1v1 serious player level

the reasons why it works with warcraft are the following:

-warcraft sucks.
-every race has a defensive factor from the very beginning of the game wich makes any kind of ultraveryearlygame rush idiotic (trees hitting stuff, militia, the necrobuildings blue rays, orc burrows).
-every unit has at least 100000 hp while dealing 7-13 damage wich is why you can get a cup of tea while being eco rushed and still defend the rush minutes later.

so we dont want any of that crap in starcraft. right? on the other hand it could be an interesting feature. toughts?

o(x_x)o has 541 Posts

=============================================
(s '_' )c___vs___z( '_' a) o(x_X)o o(g_g)o o(T_T)o o(G_L)o

pm.gif   

Old 03-16-2008

Poland Tritanis
True servant of Metal
 Tritanis is a glorious beacon of lightTritanis is a glorious beacon of lightTritanis is a glorious beacon of lightTritanis is a glorious beacon of lightTritanis is a glorious beacon of lightTritanis is a glorious beacon of light

this thread is pointless, resources sharing have no sense in 1vs1 games...
statement that warcraft sucks without some REAL arguments is even more dumb...

Last edited by Tritanis; 03-16-2008 at 10:27 AM. Reason: .
Tritanis has 59 Posts

<><><><><>< I live, I serve, I die for the Metal ><><><><><>

pm.gif   

Old 03-16-2008

United States XBSHX
BF Member
 XBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritanis View Post
this thread is pointless, resources sharing have no sense in 1vs1 games...
statement that warcraft sucks without some REAL arguments is even more dumb...
Exactly my thought.

XBSHX has 3,215 Posts

Zergling seagull sound NEEDS to go.

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to XBSHX  

Old 03-16-2008

China ChinaStarCraft
BF Member
 ChinaStarCraft has much to be proud ofChinaStarCraft has much to be proud ofChinaStarCraft has much to be proud ofChinaStarCraft has much to be proud ofChinaStarCraft has much to be proud ofChinaStarCraft has much to be proud ofChinaStarCraft has much to be proud ofChinaStarCraft has much to be proud ofChinaStarCraft has much to be proud ofChinaStarCraft has much to be proud of

I don't understand your title for the post. Resource sharing in serious 1v1? I thought resource sharing was only part of 2v2 and 3v3 games.

Warcraft 3 doesn't suck.

Just because a feature is in warcraft, does mean it doesn't fit SC2. Remember that the people who made Warcraft 2 are the same people who made Starcraft, and are the same people that made Warcraft 3, and are now making SC2.

There are many good reasons why SC2 should not have resouce sharing. You however, have yet to state a single good reason. I want to agree with you that resource sharing is bad for SC2, but not with the reasons you provided.

pm.gif   

Old 03-16-2008

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

Resource sharing has some place in StarCraft 2 since most RTS qualify to implant resource sharing in a manner that actually works. Specifically it could be taken advantage of when someone has took a strategic point where there are gold minerals and could be shared with their allies by giving resources. Of course now that I think of it the name itself is eponymous to saying that your whole team has a single resource stock that is shared among yourselves... But whatever. It introduces more cooperation between allies. Also this system has nothing to do with 1v1.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Meteora  

Old 03-16-2008

United States Hydragoon
BF Member
 Hydragoon is dominating!Hydragoon is dominating!Hydragoon is dominating!Hydragoon is dominating!Hydragoon is dominating!Hydragoon is dominating!Hydragoon is dominating!Hydragoon is dominating!Hydragoon is dominating!Hydragoon is dominating!Hydragoon is dominating!

You know, saying that WarCraft 3 sucks doesn't automatically make your argument better or even worth reading. The only reason I kept reading this thread is to see what constructive ideas others might have had. WarCraft 3 was fun. Blizzard's a good gaming company for all of its games.

I think resource sharing could simply be allowed after a few minutes, just like the two minutes leeway before a loss occurred in StarCraft 1. This would make sense from a practical perspective, where bases that haven't been built up yet wouldn't be all that equipped to start sharing resources. Then, maybe they could implement something else to limit the resource sharing, or put a tax on it, or something.

pm.gif   

Old 03-16-2008

United States Hydragoon
BF Member
 Hydragoon is dominating!Hydragoon is dominating!Hydragoon is dominating!Hydragoon is dominating!Hydragoon is dominating!Hydragoon is dominating!Hydragoon is dominating!Hydragoon is dominating!Hydragoon is dominating!Hydragoon is dominating!Hydragoon is dominating!

You know, saying that WarCraft 3 sucks doesn't automatically make your argument better or even worth reading. The only reason I kept reading this thread is to see what constructive ideas others might have had. WarCraft 3 was fun. Blizzard's a good gaming company for all of its games.

I think resource sharing could simply be allowed after a few minutes, just like the two minutes leeway before a loss occurred in StarCraft 1. This would make sense from a practical perspective, where bases that haven't been built up yet wouldn't be all that equipped to start sharing resources. Then, maybe they could implement something else to limit the resource sharing, or put a tax on it, or something.

pm.gif   

Old 03-16-2008

United Kingdom Schpwuette
Leader of the Schps
 Schpwuette has a spectacular aura aboutSchpwuette has a spectacular aura about

This is the first troll I've ever seen on this board... it's not a good sign, people.

Yeah, and, for the record, you got the undead one wrong.
And forgot moonwells.

edit: I feel obliged to explain why it works in wc3, and therefore why it won't in sc:
wc3 is NOT an economy game. Obviously economy plays a significant part... but nowhere near as big a one as sc.
Daily, people who have an early expansion will lose to people who don't expand at all; and not necessarily because the non-expander capitalises on the time of weakness created by investing in the expansion.

Last edited by Schpwuette; 03-16-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Schpwuette has 102 Posts

I support Transhumanism
It's really cool!

pm.gif   

Old 03-16-2008

Canada countchocula86
Chocolate God
 countchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of win

Haha no wonder WC3 sucked for if you tried resource sharing in a 1v1 game, bahahaha.

I dont see much of a problem with resource sharing in 2v2+ games. You can make the argument that one ally can focus on resources, and the other ally can focus on pumping on troops. But....thats a type of strategy, and you can do it yourself. Not to mention disrupting that persons economy will have major implications.

countchocula86 has 1,599 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://mylifeforauir.com/
Any sentence that begins with “Protoss cannot” is a flat out lie. Protoss can.

pm.gif   

Old 03-16-2008

Canada ShadowAldrius
Evil wizard of some sort
 ShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortals

If it's a problem, they'll cap it. Simple as that.

ShadowAldrius has 2,172 Posts

The Banshee should be surly, drunken and Irish. (Okay, maybe just Irish.)

pm.gif   

Old 03-16-2008

Canada lepape
BF Member
 lepape doesn't suck

Without being strongly agaisnt it, I'm not too fond of ressource sharing either. Honestly, I never had much team game experience in games who had ressource sharing, like WC3, so I might be wrong on that:

To me, ressource sharing, is mostly good for cheese, like "alright I'm gonna give you my first 100 gas so you'll be able to DT rush 30 seconds sooner", or whatever. It doesnt add much fun or strategic depth. Again, someone might prove me wrong.

On the other hand, of course it's more than useful in situations like your teammate just got his main raped and he needs money for a new CC, or whatever.

I wouldnt mind ressource sharing with some kind of tax on it.

Last edited by lepape; 03-16-2008 at 01:40 PM.
lepape has 165 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 03-17-2008

Pitcairn Islands o(x_x)o
your majesty
 o(x_x)o has a reputation beyond reputeo(x_x)o has a reputation beyond reputeo(x_x)o has a reputation beyond reputeo(x_x)o has a reputation beyond reputeo(x_x)o has a reputation beyond reputeo(x_x)o has a reputation beyond reputeo(x_x)o has a reputation beyond reputeo(x_x)o has a reputation beyond reputeo(x_x)o has a reputation beyond reputeo(x_x)o has a reputation beyond reputeo(x_x)o has a reputation beyond repute

haha... lol.... i screwed up, ofc i didnt mean 1v1 games...

i actually ment:
" [Discussion] Discussing ressource sharing, on a strategy-poster and not sc2-discussion-idiot- poster level"

but that would have been rude so i wrote:
" [Discussion] Discussing ressource sharing, on a 1v1 serious player level"

with wich i ment:

lets discuss it from the point of view of skilled players, who have lots of 1v1 experience and dont SUCK BALLS like most fastest bgh players. i wanted to discuss ressource sharing, on THE LEVEL OF 1v1-players SKILL. obviously not 1v1 games...

gawd this corner of blizzforums is totally hopeless...

o(x_x)o has 541 Posts

(s '_' )c___vs___z( '_' a) o(x_X)o o(g_g)o o(T_T)o o(G_L)o

pm.gif   

Old 03-17-2008

Canada Dalarsco
BF Member
 Dalarsco has farty pantsDalarsco has farty pantsDalarsco has farty pantsDalarsco has farty pantsDalarsco has farty pantsDalarsco has farty pantsDalarsco has farty pantsDalarsco has farty pantsDalarsco has farty pantsDalarsco has farty pantsDalarsco has farty pants

That's not better. In fact, that's even worse. Generic stupidity can be humorous at times, but elitism and hypocrisy are unforgivable. The idea that a 1v1 player is the most qualified to discuss anything is absurd, let alone to discuss something that doesn't affect his gameplay at all. FFA and team games take just as much skill, just different skills. In 1v1 you only need to worry about your own troops and your single opponent. But in FFA and team games you need to worry about multiple opponents, and in teams you also need to coordinate with allies. You claim that you don't want to discuss this at "sc2-discussion-idiot poster level", yet the elitists are the biggest discussion idiots due to their fear of change.

THE HYDRALISK NEEDS TO USE IT'S MASSIVE BLADES!

pm.gif   

Old 03-18-2008

China xymqz
BF Member
 xymqz is a glorious beacon of lightxymqz is a glorious beacon of lightxymqz is a glorious beacon of lightxymqz is a glorious beacon of lightxymqz is a glorious beacon of light

what the hell kind of way to address someone is this?

On a note, resource sharing could be imba.

pm.gif   

Old 03-18-2008

United States GordonFreeman
Messiah
 GordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to all

I'm not sure I really like this idea for starcraft. It might throw off the balance of economy and combat that each player should be trying to maintain.

GordonFreeman has 701 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to GordonFreeman  
Closed Thread