Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Your Life, Your Thoughts, Your Nonsense.

Old 11-22-2007

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Pizza
Pizza
 Pizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whore
Default sweetest halftime band show ever

if you thought marching band was dorky, you were right, but that doesn't mean it can't be amazing at the same time:

http://poststuffx.entensity.net/1116...media=band.wmv

see if you can name all the references

Pizza has 12,834 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 11-22-2007

Canada Thus
is one happy dude
 Thus might just love this place a little bit too muchThus might just love this place a little bit too muchThus might just love this place a little bit too muchThus might just love this place a little bit too muchThus might just love this place a little bit too muchThus might just love this place a little bit too muchThus might just love this place a little bit too muchThus might just love this place a little bit too muchThus might just love this place a little bit too muchThus might just love this place a little bit too muchThus might just love this place a little bit too much

I should post something about how nerdy band kids are.

But that was too awesome

Thus has 4,256 Posts

"These days I realize that the more you insult other people, the more you're really insulting your own integrity."
-Luther Shark
Wisdom + Kindness

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Thus  

Old 11-23-2007

Canada Ace
Music is my Catharsis
 Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!

As a former band member (in 3 different bands at once for most of high school), all i can say is that this band has a terrible conductor. The balance is awful. Dynamics were nonexistant. Intonation was poor.

Ace has 14,405 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Ace  

Old 11-23-2007

United States Grog
-gy*
 Grog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too much

Not to mention there were tons of people who were REALLY late to their spots. The Tubas was splatting all over the place at the end

I still love the show, The drill was intresting and creative. Yea there wasn't any dynamic contrast, but really, do video game music really vary greatly? Typically it's just one sound, typically loud. I guess in that perspectic it was not totally uncalled for. That's not to say it couldn't be worked into it though.

I want our band to do that show

Grog has 2,173 Posts

Are you such a dreamer
To put the world to rights?
I'll stay home forever
Where two and two always makes a five

I'll lay down the tracks
Sandbag and hide
January has April's showers
And two and two always makes a five

pm.gif   

Old 11-23-2007

United States Mike
Two Letters, No Regrets
 Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...

That was badass.

I was in Marching Band back in the day, but I only got to do our shows at competition, due to football. That kinda reminded me of the Classic TV show we did one year.

Awesome.

Mike has 937 Posts

Progress, man's distinctive mark alone,
not God's, and not the beast's,
God is, they are,
Man partly is and wholly hopes to be.

pm.gif   

Old 11-23-2007

United States papa_tassy
Alcohol is my anti-drug
 papa_tassy has ascended to greatnesspapa_tassy has ascended to greatnesspapa_tassy has ascended to greatnesspapa_tassy has ascended to greatnesspapa_tassy has ascended to greatnesspapa_tassy has ascended to greatnesspapa_tassy has ascended to greatnesspapa_tassy has ascended to greatnesspapa_tassy has ascended to greatnesspapa_tassy has ascended to greatnesspapa_tassy has ascended to greatness

Tetris, Mortal Kombat, Pokemon, Mario. Im not sure about the others *scratches head*

papa_tassy has 7,270 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to papa_tassy Send a message via MSN to papa_tassy  

Old 11-23-2007

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Pizza
Pizza
 Pizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whore

Quote:
if you thought marching band was dorky, you were right
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
As a former band member (in 3 different bands at once for most of high school), all i can say is that this band has a terrible conductor. The balance is awful. Dynamics were nonexistant. Intonation was poor.
case in point?

ace, if you really want to get into a battle of musicianship i assure you i will win. but it's a fucking college football game, not a symphonic concert. all people want to hear -- if they want to hear the band at all -- is loud, exciting music. then again, this is an online forum so the least i could expect is for someone to post something like you did. it's all fair game, play on brotha!

Pizza has 12,834 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 11-23-2007

Canada Ace
Music is my Catharsis
 Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!

Quote:
ace, if you really want to get into a battle of musicianship i assure you i will win.

Bahahahahahahahaha Pizza i've been studying music since i was but a yound tyke. I'll surely oust you in a battle of musicianship.

Ace has 14,405 Posts

Old 11-23-2007

Pizza

Quote:
Bahahahahahahahaha Pizza i've been studying music since i was but a yound tyke. I'll surely oust you in a battle of musicianship.
could you beat me in a battle of english, too? because that's a pretty incorrect usage of the word "oust."

Pizza has 12,834 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 11-23-2007

United States Ben
The Sartorialist
 Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...

Mortal Kombat, Pokemon, Zelda, Tetris, Pong, Super Mario. That's all I got. I think I might have seen Space Invaders at one point but I'm not sure.

Ben has 11,099 Posts

What's happening?
I keep my dreadlocks in a napkin ring
Rap and sing
Unlike the homogenous clones
I'm in to earth tones, birth stones, and erogenous zones
The more ticklish the more you have
Sitting on the curb of what used to be the burbs
And before that was Canarcie
I'm a disturbed and bitter herb
Like saltwater and parsley

Most Intelligent Debater 2008

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Ben Send a message via MSN to Ben  

Old 11-23-2007

United States Grog
-gy*
 Grog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too much

Now if you really want to be leet, name all the individual mario themes

Grog has 2,173 Posts

Are you such a dreamer
To put the world to rights?
I'll stay home forever
Where two and two always makes a five

I'll lay down the tracks
Sandbag and hide
January has April's showers
And two and two always makes a five

pm.gif   

Old 11-23-2007

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Meemat
so um ya
 Meemat has a reputation beyond reputeMeemat has a reputation beyond reputeMeemat has a reputation beyond reputeMeemat has a reputation beyond reputeMeemat has a reputation beyond reputeMeemat has a reputation beyond reputeMeemat has a reputation beyond reputeMeemat has a reputation beyond reputeMeemat has a reputation beyond reputeMeemat has a reputation beyond reputeMeemat has a reputation beyond repute

That was pretty freakin' amazing. Nice find.

So you guys are saying the second song was Mortal Kombat?

Meemat has 88 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 11-23-2007

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country FoxBlade
The Philosopher
 FoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to all

Quote:
Just because you were in a high school band (doesn't matter how many you were in) doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.

FoxBlade has 467 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to FoxBlade  

Old 11-23-2007

United States .Jackal
Fuerza De Liberacion
 .Jackal is a name known to all.Jackal is a name known to all.Jackal is a name known to all.Jackal is a name known to all.Jackal is a name known to all.Jackal is a name known to all.Jackal is a name known to all.Jackal is a name known to all.Jackal is a name known to all.Jackal is a name known to all.Jackal is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxBlade View Post
Just because you were in a high school band (doesn't matter how many you were in) doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.
I'm pretty sure you don't post here very often.

The best theme here was the Zelda one, everything else was pretty disengaging and off key.

.Jackal has 3,315 Posts

Iíve always wanted
To eat glass with you again

pm.gif   

Old 11-24-2007

Canada Ace
Music is my Catharsis

Quote:
could you beat me in a battle of english, too? because that's a pretty incorrect usage of the word "oust."
Glad you caught on, Pizza. I see you've changed from your spammy ways to embrace the truly intelligent person i never knew was there.

Quote:
No, but being musically trained since a young age does.

Ace has 14,405 Posts