Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 04-12-2008

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country flamling2
 flamling2 has much to be proud offlamling2 has much to be proud offlamling2 has much to be proud offlamling2 has much to be proud offlamling2 has much to be proud offlamling2 has much to be proud offlamling2 has much to be proud offlamling2 has much to be proud offlamling2 has much to be proud offlamling2 has much to be proud of
Default is statis field undoubably the most powerful spell in the game

yes i agree it is hard to get, but if you were to have a dragoon that could have any spell. you would choose statis field right? i mean we all know how strong cyclone,polymorph is in warcraft 3. now combine this with it being area of effect, indispelable, lasts about twice as long, and creates icecubes and i think its seriously the best spell in the game.

well thats why i tech to arbiters every game no matter what (if i have lots of gas ofc)

Last edited by flamling2; 04-12-2008 at 11:12 PM.
flamling2 has 371 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 04-12-2008

New Zealand Vaul
BF Member
 Vaul has a spectacular aura aboutVaul has a spectacular aura about

This sort of discussion is a bit vacuous. There are great spells for situations, and for matchups. Coming up with an answer to the question of whether stasis is the best isn't that helpful... but just for interests sake, sure, you might be able to justify it.

Vaul has 47 Posts

Free Death Metal mp3 downloads - www.solvere.co.nz/doz

Starcraft Audio commentaries - http://www.youtube.com/user/vaulsc

pm.gif   

Old 04-12-2008

United States SuperKiller
Cute Small Killer
 SuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatness

I would give dragoons psionic storm

SuperKiller has 3,803 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to SuperKiller Send a message via MSN to SuperKiller  

Old 04-13-2008

United States Tim-and-Carl
 Tim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than you

What you're saying is worded rather badly...

From a terran's perspective, I think the worst two spells to have to deal with are dark swarm and stasis field. Which do I think is worse?

Well, when protoss gets arbiter, it makes the game pretty fucking difficult. Once arbiter are in play you either need to be ready to have one fucking engaging game or simply end it as fast as possible. Usually when protoss decides to go one step further and get stasis, the game has lasted longer than it should have, and you're either on the brink of death or by now you're so large, a simple stasis really isn't that important (and if he has more than one up his sleeve, well...I dunno what to tell you).

With zerg, however, once defilers get consume and can cast dark swarm whenever, you are FUCKED. When dark swarm comes into play, you need to change your whole game; you need to become extremely aggressive, so you can kill as many zerg expos as possible to stop his gas flow, or at least keep a heavy front that's ready to recede on a dime. The moment you let the zerg player worm his way to the front of your base with a dark swarm, there is a damn good chance the game is over.

Because of this, I feel dark swarm is a much deadlier spell than stasis--at least for a terran. Stasis just comes naturally with the game, dark swarm actually makes you work much harder.

Tim-and-Carl has 1,830 Posts

"He walked into the shreds of flame. But they did not bite into his flesh, they caressed and engulfed him without heat or combustion. With relief, with humiliation, with terror, he understood that he too was a mere appearance, dreamt by another." - Borges

"Above all else, to thine own self be true." - Shakespeare

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Tim-and-Carl  

Old 04-13-2008

United Kingdom Nytefish
葬禮快樂
 Nytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud of

The title is a bit of an oxymoron, if it is undoubtably the best why would you need to ask.

It depends on your definition of "best" but I'd say that both dark swarm and plague are better against Terran. And if you're talking about a spell that's brilliant in every match-up then it'd have to be psionic storm.

Nytefish has 702 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 04-13-2008

Pitcairn Islands o(x_x)o
your majesty
 o(x_x)o has a reputation beyond reputeo(x_x)o has a reputation beyond reputeo(x_x)o has a reputation beyond reputeo(x_x)o has a reputation beyond reputeo(x_x)o has a reputation beyond reputeo(x_x)o has a reputation beyond reputeo(x_x)o has a reputation beyond reputeo(x_x)o has a reputation beyond reputeo(x_x)o has a reputation beyond reputeo(x_x)o has a reputation beyond reputeo(x_x)o has a reputation beyond repute

90% players will say psi storm is the best as-is spell in the whole game, considering every single mentionable factor.

stasis is undoubtly one of the best, but considering ALL factors, psi storm is miles ahead. consider, the unit cost of the casting unit, the required tech, the amount of time spent (350 gas you pay whose effect you can enjoy only 2 minutes after paying sux alot) the casting units vulnerability & blablablabla.

but seeing only the spell effect as a factor. i think yes, stasis is the most powerfull spell in the game.

o(x_x)o has 541 Posts

=============================================
(s '_' )c___vs___z( '_' a) o(x_X)o o(g_g)o o(T_T)o o(G_L)o
=============================================

pm.gif   

Old 04-13-2008

Palestine Freak
 Freak has a spectacular aura aboutFreak has a spectacular aura aboutFreak has a spectacular aura about

whenever I cast stasis, the game crashes and tells me that I have won the game, it's that powerful!. seriously what kind of stupid question is this, do we care? NO am I going to get banned? (please no?) Do I care? No ehh love! bye!

pm.gif   

Old 04-13-2008

Tim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than you

Freak you are so rude. You can't just log onto blizzforums and start typing "No one cares!" into any thread you want. Have some decency for this high quality forums.

edit: That was a joke btw, I realize my sarcasm is hard to detect.

"He walked into the shreds of flame. But they did not bite into his flesh, they caressed and engulfed him without heat or combustion. With relief, with humiliation, with terror, he understood that he too was a mere appearance, dreamt by another." - Borges

Old 04-13-2008

United States Bullet2head
The Hammer of Dawn
 Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!

Naw, the high quality part was complete bullshit.

Bullet2head has 12,009 Posts

Thanks Bliss for the sig!
Spoiler (highlight to reveal text)
Haha you looked. Fag

pm.gif   

Old 04-13-2008

China PraetorKoronis
I've Got Cookies!
 PraetorKoronis has become enlightenedPraetorKoronis has become enlightenedPraetorKoronis has become enlightenedPraetorKoronis has become enlightenedPraetorKoronis has become enlightenedPraetorKoronis has become enlightenedPraetorKoronis has become enlightenedPraetorKoronis has become enlightenedPraetorKoronis has become enlightenedPraetorKoronis has become enlightenedPraetorKoronis has become enlightened

Against Zerg maelstrom would be ridiculous on dragoons. You freeze them AND can attack them. Not that great against other races...only works on biological units ;x

Stasis IS really good. And I do think it is much more OP than storm, because you can "freeze" some of their army, crush it, then kill the rest of them. They're simply frozen in place, and totally screwed.

The thing though, is that stasis IS so late in tech, it doesn't come into play as much as anybody would hope it too. Either way, I don't think we should be dreaming what spells the dragoon could acquire...

PraetorKoronis has 3,029 Posts

管他網外或是網內 月底再考慮通話費 體溫已燃燒到沸點 我不怕熬夜 管他黑眼圈
Quote:
Originally Posted by missilX View Post
PraetorKoronis looks like that crazy dude from Battle Royal.

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to PraetorKoronis  

Old 04-13-2008

United States Tekken
wise one
 Tekken has a reputation beyond reputeTekken has a reputation beyond reputeTekken has a reputation beyond reputeTekken has a reputation beyond reputeTekken has a reputation beyond reputeTekken has a reputation beyond reputeTekken has a reputation beyond reputeTekken has a reputation beyond reputeTekken has a reputation beyond reputeTekken has a reputation beyond reputeTekken has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamling2 View Post
yes i agree it is hard to get, but if you were to have a dragoon that could have any spell. you would choose statis field right? i mean we all know how strong cyclone,polymorph is in warcraft 3. now combine this with it being area of effect, indispelable, lasts about twice as long, and creates icecubes and i think its seriously the best spell in the game.

well thats why i tech to arbiters every game no matter what (if i have lots of gas ofc)
Not everyone has played that stupid game wc3.

Tekken has 1,884 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Tekken  

Old 04-13-2008

Canada Staind
 Staind is unstoppable!Staind is unstoppable!Staind is unstoppable!Staind is unstoppable!Staind is unstoppable!Staind is unstoppable!Staind is unstoppable!Staind is unstoppable!Staind is unstoppable!Staind is unstoppable!Staind is unstoppable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak View Post
whenever I cast stasis, the game crashes and tells me that I have won the game, it's that powerful!. seriously what kind of stupid question is this, do we care? NO am I going to get banned? (please no?) Do I care? No ehh love! bye!
I demand that Freak gets banned. His comments have not only hurt my feelings, but the feelings of everyone at Blizzforums.

Staind has 526 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 04-13-2008

United States the.raven
BF Member
 the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!

thats why it is also the ability of the hardest to get unit, need templar archives, stargate, and then arbiter tribunal, and then ressearch stasis, and pay 100/350 for an arbiter.

the.raven has 1,016 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 04-13-2008

Palestine Freak
 Freak has a spectacular aura aboutFreak has a spectacular aura aboutFreak has a spectacular aura about

lol staind

pm.gif   

Old 04-13-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.raven View Post
thats why it is also the ability of the hardest to get unit, need templar archives, stargate, and then arbiter tribunal, and then ressearch stasis, and pay 100/350 for an arbiter.
Not to mention arbiters literally have the longest production time out of any unit in the game (something like 80 seconds?) I think defilers are a simple forty, so are high temps.