Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 06-08-2007

United States UED Special Ops
BF Vet
 UED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightened
Default Re: New Creep Design?

Nah, destroying doodads just wouldn't feel right. It would limit map making, and Zerg bases would just look bland after a while.

UED Special Ops has 4,775 Posts

06-27-06: The date that BF returned!!

pm.gif   

Old 06-08-2007

Canada countchocula86
Chocolate God
 countchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of win

I dunno, for me its just the aesthetic aspect, Id love to see a lot of creep animations, but the creep itself shouldn't have a big affect on game play (the cliff thing)

countchocula86 has 1,599 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://mylifeforauir.com/
Any sentence that begins with “Protoss cannot” is a flat out lie. Protoss can.

pm.gif   

Old 06-08-2007

United States kameo
Dont you Dare read this!
 kameo has a brilliant futurekameo has a brilliant futurekameo has a brilliant futurekameo has a brilliant futurekameo has a brilliant futurekameo has a brilliant futurekameo has a brilliant futurekameo has a brilliant futurekameo has a brilliant futurekameo has a brilliant futurekameo has a brilliant future

why shouldn't it? i mean pylon power has a much bigger affect on the gameplay....with warp-in and all....creep should do something equally effective.

kameo has 832 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 06-08-2007

United States thebobinator
BF Member
 thebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something right
Unhappy Re: New Creep Design?

i agree, creep is just a burden, before is was just an advantage to the terrans but now it just hurts zerg, which is racest

pm.gif   

Old 06-08-2007

BF Vet
 UED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightened

What?
Ugh, never mind, I am not even going to begin to try to figure out what you just said...

pm.gif   

Old 06-08-2007

BF Member
 thebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something right

the protoss and zerg had a disadvantage because they could only build in certain areas,
the terrans didnt have to worry about that, but now that the protoss benefit from it,
zerg is the only one that still has that limitation

pm.gif   

Old 06-08-2007

BF Vet

Well, I am sure Blizz will make things work in SC2. Gotta keep balance and race uniqueness in mind.

pm.gif   

Old 06-08-2007

BF Member

ya I just hope it doesnt take 10 years like it normally does

pm.gif   

Old 06-08-2007

United States kameo
Dont you Dare read this!
 kameo has a brilliant futurekameo has a brilliant futurekameo has a brilliant futurekameo has a brilliant futurekameo has a brilliant futurekameo has a brilliant futurekameo has a brilliant futurekameo has a brilliant futurekameo has a brilliant futurekameo has a brilliant futurekameo has a brilliant future

uh...it DID take ten years.

kameo has 832 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 06-08-2007

BF Member

no, they've been talking about it for 10 years. blizz always take their time on games.(which is a good thing)

pm.gif   

Old 06-11-2007

United States Sponge
Whos got the fangs?
 Sponge is a god among mere mortalsSponge is a god among mere mortalsSponge is a god among mere mortalsSponge is a god among mere mortalsSponge is a god among mere mortalsSponge is a god among mere mortalsSponge is a god among mere mortalsSponge is a god among mere mortalsSponge is a god among mere mortalsSponge is a god among mere mortalsSponge is a god among mere mortals

well all i know is the creep needs to play a more active part in the game.

Sponge has 373 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 06-11-2007

Canada DemolitionSquid
TestosterOWNAGE
 DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...

The beauty of creep is it inhibits construction by the other species. One of my favorite stratgies is to cover as much of the map in creep as possible, limiting where terran and toss can build/run to, and it also helps in getting reinforcements around the map with nydus canals.

DemolitionSquid has 7,740 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to DemolitionSquid  

Old 06-27-2007

Canada Psi Warp
Psionic Sequence Initiate
 Psi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of win

Possible Gameplay Zerg Creep located!

Go to the top left corner of this image and see the purple/dark blue creep like substance where the Zerglings came from
--->http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?i...rgcreeprb9.jpg

See the artwork versions of the creep in this topic!
--->http://www.blizzforums.com/showthread.php?t=9714

All credits goes to Carsickness and bring on the discussions!

-Psi (I'll update the front)

Psi Warp has 2,280 Posts

says: Lol I gotz Pwned By Zeratul X_x

pm.gif  Send a message via Yahoo to Psi Warp 

Old 06-27-2007

Canada jdias
BF Member
 jdias has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I would like the creep to grow over other things and become like an offensive weapon, or some buildings being moved by creep, but my real hope is that creep consumes other buildings, making them somwhat usless...

I also hope it can grwo down cliff faces, because it's not really fair that terrans (even though I love 'em) to be able to dropship a scv on a tine patch of land Like one tile in size, and planting a turret right there, where ground units can't get it and your mutas have to be sacrificed in ourder to drop off a swarm...

I also think you can command creep to grow in one dirrection more, and it extends farther that way, and less the other, so I can have my choke covered with sunken colonies...

pm.gif   

Old 06-27-2007

Canada Psi Warp
Psionic Sequence Initiate
 Psi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of win

Very interesting jdias, though "controlled growth" isn't a Zerg thing... we have been discussing a Zerg creep spreader unit in the Zerg Unit and Building Discussion, join the fun!

-Psi

Psi Warp has 2,280 Posts

says: Lol I gotz Pwned By Zeratul X_x

pm.gif  Send a message via Yahoo to Psi Warp