Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 06-08-2007

Canada countchocula86
Chocolate God
 countchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of win
Default Re: The New Zerg

Quote:
I think that this is fairly strong evidence that Protoss buildings can also be infested by Zerg. Note the choice of words - "infested BY THE ZERG", not "infested by Zerg" or "Infested with Zerg"
Hahaha, right now someone at Blizzard is reading that and thinking, "damn these people really have a thing for semanics"

Although some kind of twisted, malformed infested Dragoon could be interesting.

Last edited by countchocula86; 06-08-2007 at 10:17 PM.
countchocula86 has 1,599 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://mylifeforauir.com/
Any sentence that begins with “Protoss cannot” is a flat out lie. Protoss can.

pm.gif   

Old 06-08-2007

United States UED Special Ops
BF Vet
 UED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightened

Ugh, Auir is freaking infested by the Zerg, but the world itself physicaly isn't infested. Protoss temples and Terran cities can be infested, but that doesn't mean the buildings are phyicaly infested. Infested in that sence is just meaning that the Zerg freaking control the area and have tons of bases and crap. You are taking one tiny sentence, and twisting it into effecting gameplay. THE PROTOSS CAN NOT BE INFESTED LIKE THE TERRANS CAN BE.

UED Special Ops has 4,775 Posts

06-27-06: The date that BF returned!!

pm.gif   

Old 06-08-2007

United States thebobinator
BF Member
 thebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something right

kerrigan should have known everything that the overmind should have because they were psycically linked

pm.gif   

Old 06-08-2007

BF Vet
 UED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightened

Umm, the Overmind would not just let Kerrigan know all of its' secrets you know. It could block things out and Kerrigan would never know.

pm.gif   

Old 06-08-2007

BF Member
 thebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something rightthebobinator is obviously doing something right

ya but she was supposed to be able to know everything and that's enough to carry on a storyline

pm.gif   

Old 06-08-2007

BF Vet

Ok, sure, makes sence. This doesn't relate to the failed Zerg infestation of the Toss, does it?

pm.gif   

Old 06-08-2007

BF Member

i dont remember...

pm.gif   

Old 06-09-2007

Canada Drake Clawfang
Guardian of Helm
 Drake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to all

"Infested" just means the Zerg control it, like how they "Infested" Mar/Chau Sara.

How could Kerrigan know what the Overmind knows? Kerrigan is strong, but the Overmind was stronger and smarter. That's just fact.

As mentioned, it is highly unlike that Infested Toss will show up in normal gameplay. If it happens, it will be monumental, like in a cinematic. It would be huge.

Drake Clawfang has 3,330 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 06-09-2007

Canada Starcraft-4-Life
∫e^x dx
 Starcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something right

the term infested or what it meant to me was used for any swarm, finished like race i mean we use words like Over ran counquered, destroyed for Terrans and protoss u never see or hear the protoss has infested some planet i mean it doesnt sound write...., infested could mean alot of thing it could mean auir is just crawling with them in every corner or soemthing...

as for the overmind the overmind was will top of the food chain cerebrates cant disobey the over mind and anything under couldn't possibly disobey the overmind even kerrigan, i give kerrigan for being a bitch and all but there is no way that shes even on the same plane as the overmind...the overmind is will hence his name THE OVERMIND

Starcraft2 is finally here...i pretty much wasted 10 years waiting for this game! let see during those 10 years i played 4 years of SC:BW, another 4 years of school and 2 years of ever wondering if they have even considered SC2

pm.gif   

Old 06-09-2007

United States kameo
Dont you Dare read this!
 kameo has a brilliant futurekameo has a brilliant futurekameo has a brilliant futurekameo has a brilliant futurekameo has a brilliant futurekameo has a brilliant futurekameo has a brilliant futurekameo has a brilliant futurekameo has a brilliant futurekameo has a brilliant futurekameo has a brilliant future

Ouch. that was pretty hard to understand. but i think i got it.
And i agree, kerrigan was supposed to serve a very important role to the Overmind, But i'm sure the overmind didn't share all the secrets it held with kerrigan, or even the cerebrates.Also am i the only one who thinks the overmind will return?

kameo has 832 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 06-09-2007

Canada Classic1977
BF Member
 Classic1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by kameo View Post
Ouch. that was pretty hard to understand. but i think i got it.
And i agree, kerrigan was supposed to serve a very important role to the Overmind, But i'm sure the overmind didn't share all the secrets it held with kerrigan, or even the cerebrates.Also am i the only one who thinks the overmind will return?
Thats the real clincher, and I've said it before. The Overmind will most likely make a comeback...remember how resilient the cerebrates were). And since you guys are such fans of the Overmind's power, and its super-dimensional existence, you should have been the first to postulate it's survival. It did somehow survive Tassadar's attack on Auir, and was reborn on Char, so why not again?

And as far as infested Toss, I KNOW it's big deal, and I think there will be cinematics, and campaign missions in which this is the central idea. Its too early for you to dismiss Protoss infestation

pm.gif   

Old 06-09-2007

Peru Kainne Absolute
Darkling Promotor
 Kainne Absolute doesn't suck

The Overmind will return!!! it is letting the child to play a lilttle bit with his race...and in the most dramtic moment he ill return and everyone will fall into lament and doom!...I wont discuss the excellent theory that Duran may be the Overmind...but i think when the overmind infested Kerrigan, it transferred his essence to her. It is sleeping in Kerrigans body....when Kerrigan reachs the maximun expression of her psionics powers, THE OVERMIND WILL ARISE!

Kainne Absolute has 179 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 06-09-2007

Canada Kimera757*
The Last Cerebrate
 Kimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of win

Quote:
The Overmind will most likely make a comeback...remember how resilient the cerebrates were
It was killed by a powerful Dark Templar attack. The second one was killed by a powerful Dark Templar. Coming back a third time would be lame. It's not coming back.

StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay.

Three products = one game plus two expansions.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

pm.gif   

Old 06-09-2007

Canada Drake Clawfang
Guardian of Helm
 Drake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to all

It took the sacrifice of Tassadar, a crashing Carrier, and a burst of combined HT/DT power to kill it. The second one wasn't even a real Overmind, it was an imitation, of course it was easier to kill.

Drake Clawfang has 3,330 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 06-09-2007

Canada countchocula86
Chocolate God
 countchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of win

Yeah, don't sell the Overmind short. Cos then you sell Tassadar short, and thats unacceptable!!!!

countchocula86 has 1,599 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://mylifeforauir.com/
Any sentence that begins with “Protoss cannot” is a flat out lie. Protoss can.

pm.gif