Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Your Life, Your Thoughts, Your Nonsense.

Old 01-28-2009

Canada missilX
Jello
 missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!
Default Soundproofing a Room

So I live in an attached semi. Its a pretty nice house, fairly big and comfortable. However the one thing Ive been griping especially lately is my room is attached to the side of my neighbor's house. It never use to be a problem as no one lived there for quite some time. However recently a family moved in. This family has a baby. Next they decide to put this baby in the room that is beside my room. So as a result I cannot listen to my music very loudly. It sucks but at the same time I understand where they are coming from. Now usually what I do is just play my music at a reasonable level and than slowly turn it up lol. I usually get a good 20-30min of music before they come over and ask me to turn it down. I know I could be a bitch and state that the city bylaw doesn't require me to turn it down until 11pm but they are my neighbors and so I don't want to make living beside them uncomfortable or a war type of deal.

So I have decide a reasonable thing to do is to attempt to sound proof the side of the wall that is attached to their house. Does anyone know how to go about doing this? The trick is I don't want to spend more than say 100$..

missilX has 7,783 Posts

You kick it like me no exaggeration necessary//living revolutionary//nothing less than legendary

pm.gif   

Old 01-28-2009

United States Meghan
I'll google your yahoo.
 Meghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than you

http://www.soundprooffoam.com/

Meghan has 9,701 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Meghan Send a message via MSN to Meghan  

Old 01-28-2009

BlizzForums Lackey
Forum Lackey
 Lackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whore

A cheaper version of what Meghan suggested is this:
http://www.uline.com/BL_863/Convolut...?keywords=FOAM

The egg carton surface actually works to suppress sound waves too.

Lackey has 12,743 Posts

I'm a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude.

pm.gif   

Old 01-28-2009

Canada missilX
Jello
 missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!missilX IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
Wayyyyyy to expensive.

Also nuts if I get this shit http://www.uline.com/Product/Product...S-8394&ref=863

And the wall is 11 feet wide and 8 feet tall how much am I looking at needed? I cant read the dimensions on that site for some fucked up reason. And how much money am I looking at having to drop.

missilX has 7,783 Posts

You kick it like me no exaggeration necessary//living revolutionary//nothing less than legendary

pm.gif   

Old 01-28-2009

BlizzForums Lackey
Forum Lackey
 Lackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whore

Shit, it's more expensive than I thought.

You would spend at least $300 doing it that way including freight. You need 88 sq ft and those are $79 for 24 Sq Ft

You could always go to Home Depot and get some 4x8 foam insulation sheets. But they're likely to be expensive too.

Last edited by Lackey; 01-28-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Lackey has 12,743 Posts

I'm a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude.

pm.gif   

Old 01-28-2009

Canada missilX
Jello

Yeah I figured it out that it would be about that much lol. Im thinking about this stuff http://www.greengluecompany.com/

missilX has 7,783 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 01-28-2009

United States Meghan
I'll google your yahoo.
 Meghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than you

Well, what the hell do I know? I just googled "Soundproofing a room" and that was the first site that wasn't an ad.

Headphones are quite cheap these days.

Meghan has 9,701 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Meghan Send a message via MSN to Meghan  

Old 01-28-2009

Canada missilX
Jello

No worries meghan when i did the google search I came to that site too lol. But yeah headphones are alrite when your by yourself, but when you got friends over its a different story lol.

missilX has 7,783 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 01-28-2009

United States GenocideAlive
You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

It would make sense that the neighbors would be willing to chip in for the soundproofing. Otherwise, yeah. Get a second pair of headphones.

GenocideAlive has 2,277 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 01-28-2009

Canada missilX
Jello

I should ask them to cheap in. Considering I am doing it for them. The law is on my side on this one so technically I can tell them to shut the fuck up and get off my porch.

missilX has 7,783 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 01-28-2009

United States GenocideAlive
You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

sounds like a good way to get your house burned down

p.s. i'm just guessing on this one because quite honestly these types of ghetto problems are solved by getting an education then getting a job, to buy a house far away from ghettos.

GenocideAlive has 2,277 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 01-28-2009

United States the.raven
BF Member
 the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!

what the fuck? just play music softly or get some headphones. I dont understand why people have to play music loud enough for the neighbour to hear, contain your shit inside your own home. you are being a fucking nuisance to your neighbour. You do realize your neighbour can do the same shit to you if they are pissed off.

the.raven has 1,016 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 01-28-2009

Canada Bred
Ich Bin Brot
 Bred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulz

Cork works. If you cover the entire wall in cork, you can use it as a giant message board or something and just stick a bunch of posters//pictures on it because Cork is well, ugly. But yah, cork works.

Bred has 8,696 Posts

i got atm machines for testicles..go me.. - Demon

pm.gif   

Old 01-28-2009

Canada missilX
Jello

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenocideAlive View Post
sounds like a good way to get your house burned down

p.s. i'm just guessing on this one because quite honestly these types of ghetto problems are solved by getting an education then getting a job, to buy a house far away from ghettos.
Yeah I dont live in a ghetto...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.raven View Post
what the fuck? just play music softly or get some headphones. I dont understand why people have to play music loud enough for the neighbour to hear, contain your shit inside your own home. you are being a fucking nuisance to your neighbour. You do realize your neighbour can do the same shit to you if they are pissed off.
Its actually really not that loud. If you enjoy music and where in my room with me when I was listening to it, I doubt you would say "wow this is unnecessarily loud". I think its more the bass carries through the wall.

missilX has 7,783 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 01-28-2009

Canada Ace
Music is my Catharsis
 Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!

buy $100 worth of eggs.

throw the eggs at people you don't like.

put up the cartons all over the wall, then cover it with a large curtain.

you win!

Ace has 14,405 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Ace