Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 10-29-2006

United States Xxwho3zJohnQxX
 Xxwho3zJohnQxX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TvP Pushing and Destroying Expo's

There may be a simple answer to this question but I have a problem with this one.

ussually during a TvP, my opponent would be building, or have built an expo somewhere in the map.

my question is, is it better to concentrate on the push? or to destroy the expos.

Probobly the expos. But heres the problem if I concidered that option.

i dont want to have to weaken my push, but i want to be able to destroy the expo.

ussualy when i try to do that, the enemy attacks my push knowing that i probobly lost a few good units just tryin to get rid of his expo.

What should I do? suppose I have to stop 2 expo's and push at the same time, then what?

thnaks,
~John Q

pm.gif   

Old 10-29-2006

United Kingdom Nytefish
葬禮快樂
 Nytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud of
Default Re: TvP Pushing and Destroying Expo's

It really depends..

Generally it's best to go for the economy.
But I don't slow-push often.

I suppose you should just send enough units to kill the expo.
Whilst constantly reinforcing your push with new units produced.
T has comsat, so it's not hard to see what kind of army P has there.

Nytefish has 702 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 10-29-2006

United States Xxwho3zJohnQxX
 Xxwho3zJohnQxX is an unknown quantity at this point

hmm, i'll give it a shot to go for ecco.

BTW, I have a question about pushing.

When most players do a tank push agaisnt the protoss, is it so that they can destroy their base asap or to contain them?

EDIT: I found out that nuking Expo's makes killing them a Peice of cake.

But is it possible to kill a protoss player in less than 15 by tank pushign with equal or greater skill?

Last edited by Xxwho3zJohnQxX; 10-29-2006 at 11:01 AM.

pm.gif   

Old 10-29-2006

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country FoxBlade
The Philosopher
 FoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to all

You could try dropping and pushing at the same time...

FoxBlade has 467 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to FoxBlade  

Old 10-30-2006

United Kingdom Nytefish
葬禮快樂
 Nytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud of

There's 2 kinds of tank pushes.

The slow one which might start all the way from near your base to across the map.
And the fast one that moves out close to your opponent before setting up.

The slow push is usually aimed at slicing the map in half and trying to gain an eco advantage.

The fast push can kill a player if they time it right, or achieve the same thing as a slow push.

Games can easily end in under 15 minutes if the P player doesn't produce enough units to hold back the T plater whilst teching/expanding.

Nytefish has 702 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 11-02-2006

Trinidad and Tobago TwoTimer
Life is GooD :)
 TwoTimer is obviously doing something rightTwoTimer is obviously doing something rightTwoTimer is obviously doing something rightTwoTimer is obviously doing something rightTwoTimer is obviously doing something rightTwoTimer is obviously doing something rightTwoTimer is obviously doing something rightTwoTimer is obviously doing something rightTwoTimer is obviously doing something rightTwoTimer is obviously doing something rightTwoTimer is obviously doing something right

its not about whether the p has a standing army at any base, its what kind of flanking abilities the p has from that expo.

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to TwoTimer