Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Warcraft Discussion & Strategy

Warcraft Discussion & Strategy Research and Discuss to Win.

Old 11-06-2006

United States shroomie
Forum Elder
 shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!
Default DotA: Best Hero/Write up Thread

I hate to brag, but I've been told that I have one of the best Visage on the server, by people in TDA channels at least, I've had two admins on their site e-mail me for a write up, I turned them down!
My best hero: Visage!
Try to get a Solo lane, you'll need the xp/gold!
Early game Items: Ring of Regen, 3 branches, 1 Clarity and 1 Flask.
Abilities. I get Grave Chill for lvl 1, lvl 2: Soul Assumption, 3: Grave Chill lvl 2, 4: Soul Ass. 2; 5 I get Chill lvl 3; 6 I get Birds, 7 I get lvl 4 chill, 8+ I get stats and upgrade the birds.
DO NOT USE BIRDS AS SCOUTS EARLY GAME! if you do you will be very behind in farming, you get the birds for a reason, to farm. Get as many as you can and try not to let the enemy destroy them.
Items to get, I start w/ the Necromicon. I get lvl 1,2,3 as soon as I can. Get a pair of boots inbetween the levels somewhere. Micro your birds and mobs as good as you can! W/ Grave chill+Aura from mobs, you can chase down any hero, w/o them having haste, in the game! Go for the kill, single out any hero you can, you'll do over a 100 damage a second around lvl 12.
After My Micon is full upgraded I do one of two things.
]If their team is full of casters and only 1-2 tanks, get Radiance then BoT then Skadi.
If they have a lot of tanks and hardly any casters, Skadi, BoT, Radiance or Monkey.
After that if you have time, Aegis Rapier.
I've done this several times on IHL games, the lowest I've finished w/ a good team is 4-0. I usually get in the 10's and 1-2's.
Troll Warlord
I start off w/ 6 branches, or 2 circlets 3 branch 1 flask. I DO NOT BUY ANY ITEM UNTIL Hammer. I do fast Deso, a lot of people think the Basher Troll is a good build, IMHO I think it sucks, you want battle troll!
Deso to Butterfly/Lothars(Depending on heroes) to Crits then BoT. It's important that you do not run from 1 hero, Troll is I think the slowest hero in the game. It's better for you to micro w/ Mobs and wait for an ally. Until you get Lothars or BoT.

Favorite heroes, Well I love being the Necrolyte. I do fast Scepter, dagon, radiance.
Beast Master: Radiance, SandY, BoT
Viper: Midas, MKB, Vangaurd, Lothars
Shadowfiend: Lothars to Skadi
Techies: Mass Euls and BoT Do not get Suicide unless you use it for them not to get a kill.
TwinHead Dragon: Well, one of two options, if you want to play hero kill THD I do, Dagon, Radiance, if you want support, Micon BoT Mek
KoTL: this hero rules, you need to get Micon and BoT and start farming items to your allies.
Lesh: Dagger to Radiance to Scepter. Get a Vanguard early on if you want.
Magnus: Dagger in to ult and hope my allies have a good AoE as well!
Veno: Lothars to Radiance, WW in, ult, hope radiance takes them down far enough!

Worst Heroes/Hate Being.
Ursa: Man I can't do anything with him, I've seen several people own with them, I try to do Vanguard to Lothars, but I can't farm at all!
Slardar: Same thing, I know he can be one of the best heroes in the game. But I Can't!
Brood: Auto Repick, I have never seen a Brood be the outcome of a game. Too weak until lvl 25 w/ Aegis Rapier.

Any Counter thoughts? What's your favorite heroes, got any write ups you want to share?
-Thanks for reading!

Last edited by shroomie; 11-06-2006 at 12:34 AM.
shroomie has 398 Posts

Holy Pally
UA Warlock
Proud BlizzForums Poster since 2000!

pm.gif   

Old 11-06-2006

Zimbabwe Captain Hair
For Good or For Awesome
 Captain Hair is a glorious beacon of lightCaptain Hair is a glorious beacon of lightCaptain Hair is a glorious beacon of lightCaptain Hair is a glorious beacon of lightCaptain Hair is a glorious beacon of lightCaptain Hair is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: DotA: Best Hero/Write up Thread

Cool stuff. Nerconomicon is an interesting take on Nerco'lic. I personally haven't played him much so I don't know what to make of it for the most part. Seems like grave chill would be handy for giving your summons a chance to hit the enemy hero while they're slowed. I personally think that maxing sould assumption fast would be the best strategy as abilities that give a static +dmg or static-damage nukes need to maxed as soon as possible to take advantage of heroes when they're hp pool is lowest. Haven't played him much like I said so no real confirmation of this. Rest of the build seems solid.

My favorite heroes?
Well currently I've been playing the new hero priestess a lot, I've actully put up a guide for her over at dota portal. It requires a login to view but you can look up www.dotaportal.com at bugmenot and get a login from there. Anyway here's the link:

http://www.dotaportal.com/forums/ind...howtopic=41672

I also like to play the necrolyte. I like your build but I think if you're going to go for a dagon you need to make it your first big item after say just basilius and boots or so if you want to make best use of its 400 damage nuke. In public games I'll usually go dagon to rack up the hero kills and max my dagon and then get aghanims. In serious game and TDA games where teamwork will be better and pushing is more important i'll go mekansm, soul booster, BoT, and then scepter to help the team out most.

I like your other builds, although I personally prefer deso on shadofiend as stacking armor reduction is like the only worthwile thing to stack and your aura and deso will do that nicely.

My Fav heroes:
Nercolyte like I said above.
Anti-Mage: Treads, 3-wraiths, 2 bashers, butterfly
Skeleton King: Basilius, 2 nulls, treads, MKB, Heart, Hyperstone, Radiance
Lich: Basilius, Mekansm, Buckler, BoT, Necronomicon (pretty standard build for any pusher hero)
Ursa: Vanguard, BoT, Blink Dagger, Soul Booste4r, Heart, Heart, Heart (you get the idea)
Panda: 2 nulls, treads, blink dagger, skadi, radiance
Drow: Treads, 3 wraith bands (max trueshot early to make use of these), Buriza, Butterfly
Morphling: BoT, Manta Style, Heart, Radiance
Nerubian Weaver: Rush Relic, then radiance, treads, Buriza
Lycanthrope: Vanguard, Treads, Basher, MKB

Heroes I don't like:
Butcher: Don't know why, I just suck with him.
Obsidian Destroyer: Seems pretty straightforward but I can't get it to work
Enchantress: Untouchable should really be renamed unkillable right? So why do I keep dying?!?

Lemme know what you think of my priestess guide plzkthx

Captain Hair has 6,872 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Captain Hair  

Old 11-06-2006

South Korea IceFlare
This Space For Rent
 IceFlare is dominating!IceFlare is dominating!IceFlare is dominating!IceFlare is dominating!IceFlare is dominating!IceFlare is dominating!IceFlare is dominating!IceFlare is dominating!IceFlare is dominating!IceFlare is dominating!IceFlare is dominating!

I think obsidian is one of those do-or-die early game heroes. If he cant get up massive intel early-mid game, hes usually done. But fix him up with massive intel and his arrow attack deals what, +400?

Butcher, i just cant use. And his late game usefulness seems pretty limited to me aside from a 6 second? (I dont remember how long dismember was) and hooking requires quite a bit of luck and skill.

Also, I cant play weaver >.< I can farm really well with last hitting using geminate attack, but thats about it

IceFlare has 3,403 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to IceFlare  

Old 11-10-2006

Finland maniyarr
wisperoni
 maniyarr doesn't suck

Stop abusing the visage and thinking you're good shrooms :(

maniyarr has 25 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to maniyarr  

Old 11-10-2006

United States shroomie
Forum Elder
 shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!

Pros are considered people who abuse heroes, that nobody else does

shroomie has 398 Posts

Holy Pally
UA Warlock

pm.gif   

Old 12-23-2006

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country flamling2
 flamling2 has much to be proud offlamling2 has much to be proud offlamling2 has much to be proud offlamling2 has much to be proud offlamling2 has much to be proud offlamling2 has much to be proud offlamling2 has much to be proud offlamling2 has much to be proud offlamling2 has much to be proud offlamling2 has much to be proud of

-----------------------------God Mode Leshrac--------------------------
Skills
-Eddict, SPlit Earth, Nova, Stats
-If you get lightning storm, plz cut ur self.

Items
-Start with nothing
-Get RoH as soon as you feel like it, or when you're low on hp.
-Void into a perserverance, you'll see why you'll need the regen later on. and the damage helps last hitting.
-boots
-point booster
-blink dagger (NOW YOU"RE READY TO KILL)

Strategy-
Pop out of the woods with a split earth, run up to them "gunz blazin" and cast eddict and nova. By now they usually run toward their base so follow foot by foot. Blink if they disabled/lost you somehow and that should net you a kill. continue farming until ur mana is up, then gank again!

More items...
-Vitality Booster
-Energy Booster-now a soul booster
-Mystic or BoT-now should have aghanims, awesome item for leshy. you now do about 1.5 times as much damage as an SK, have a slightly bigger aoe and can have it on whenever you feel like it.

By now you should be raping. If not consider these items
-Linkens(A bonus to your regen, blocks disables which are your bane)
-Skadi(slow always helps you chase)
-Radiance(good synergy with pulse nova, auto attack does something more then a tickle, especially combined with skadi)
-----------------------------God Mode Leshrac--------------------------

Last edited by flamling2; 01-08-2007 at 10:33 PM.
flamling2 has 371 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 12-24-2006

United States shroomie
Forum Elder

It looks good on paper, but what if their team is full of nukes? Lesh hurts all game with mana, I'd get two bracers at first, or maybe a stout shield then pers and dagger.

shroomie has 398 Posts

Holy Pally
UA Warlock

pm.gif   

Old 01-28-2007

United States Altephor
BF Member
 Altephor was born to leadAltephor was born to leadAltephor was born to leadAltephor was born to leadAltephor was born to leadAltephor was born to leadAltephor was born to leadAltephor was born to lead

Unstoppable Hero = Troll Warlord

Power Treads, 2 Bashers, Sange and Yasha, Butterfly, Monkey King Bar

Permastun.

pm.gif   

Old 01-28-2007

United States shroomie
Forum Elder

I played Jugg last night, man I suck as him, I can't do squat, it seems I never get off the last hit. I don't get healing ward, I just do fury/blade dance/ult. I get RoR, the tree eater, and stats early game, then I get vangaurd, bot and was working on eagle horn. Though I used to do, Battle Fury to Butterfly, but that got old.

shroomie has 398 Posts

Holy Pally
UA Warlock

pm.gif   

Old 01-28-2007

South Korea IceFlare
This Space For Rent
 IceFlare is dominating!IceFlare is dominating!IceFlare is dominating!IceFlare is dominating!IceFlare is dominating!IceFlare is dominating!IceFlare is dominating!IceFlare is dominating!IceFlare is dominating!IceFlare is dominating!IceFlare is dominating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altephor View Post
Unstoppable Hero = Troll Warlord

Power Treads, 2 Bashers, Sange and Yasha, Butterfly, Monkey King Bar

Permastun.
what if they have more than 1 hero :O OMG O NOES not unstoppable anymore

IceFlare has 3,403 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to IceFlare  

Old 01-28-2007

United States Altephor
BF Member
 Altephor was born to leadAltephor was born to leadAltephor was born to leadAltephor was born to leadAltephor was born to leadAltephor was born to leadAltephor was born to leadAltephor was born to lead

I've used him to take down three heroes at once before. He's pretty indestructible past level 16.

pm.gif   

Old 01-29-2007

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country flamling2
 flamling2 has much to be proud offlamling2 has much to be proud offlamling2 has much to be proud offlamling2 has much to be proud offlamling2 has much to be proud offlamling2 has much to be proud offlamling2 has much to be proud offlamling2 has much to be proud offlamling2 has much to be proud offlamling2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by shroomie View Post
I played Jugg last night, man I suck as him, I can't do squat, it seems I never get off the last hit. I don't get healing ward, I just do fury/blade dance/ult. I get RoR, the tree eater, and stats early game, then I get vangaurd, bot and was working on eagle horn. Though I used to do, Battle Fury to Butterfly, but that got old.
Juggernaught is INSANELY hard to play if you dont do it the right way, then it becomes INSANELY EASY to get a guranteed 1v1 gank kill.

First mistakes everyone makes
-Not enough life
-not enough mana
-not enough aggression

The first 2 problems can be easily solved in getting stats over dance the first few levels and getting 2 bracers. DO NOT GET NULLS OR WRAITHS because juggernaught needs life the most. Extra life leads to more aggression, which is key to the juggernaught.

quick skill build
fury
stats
fury
stats
fury
omni
fury
max dance, and get omni as you can
max healing ward after the other skills
stats

If you cannot instill fear to your enemy, they will not do what you expect them to do and you lose a major advantage.

1. The first step to instill the fear is to start with boots (yes noobish maybe), and depending on your skill/other people skill, get a clarity or 2, a pair of tangoes, or 2x branches, depending on what mode your playing and who you're playing against.

o yea, dont fucking to in the mid, or the lane that has their tower close to you.

2. if you're against some pushover melee hero such as troll or maybe a crappy intel hero such as wd, feel free to bladefury rape them right as the creeps come. make sure not to TARGET him with your right click button, as that will attract creep agro.

BLADEFURY HARASSING GUDIE:
-Click about 1 foot behind their hero, when you are in attacking range, press F for bladefury. Make sure you get behind them.
-If they're dumb, they run straight backwards and you can easily get the full 5 seconds of 400 damage on them. (physical damage though, will be reduced by armor)
-If they're smart, they will run before u get in range, which is what the boots are for, keep on chasing them and bladefury when u get in range.
-If they know what they're up against, they'll either go backwards for 2 seconds, then do a 180 OR will run TOWARDS you or around the creeps.

2 Cont. After you know how good they are, you can plan accordingly. PREDICT where they're going to juke you and your boots should help you catch up. This makes the fear your bladefury (which is essential later on)

3. Constantly harass them until you reach level four, then stop and save your mana. You may have to go back to fountain once, but make sure to make them go back before you do! (Or get first blood, this is extremely easy once you hit level 3 and they get are at half health)

4. once you get level 6, pretty much free kill. Bladefury them, which will cause them to run. If they run into some place where they are alone, omni for a kill (it deals roughly 600 physical damage not counting your slashes in between)

5. if they choose to fight, continue slashing them until they are at 200 health, then omni for the kill. This of course, wont work if you're up against someone such as pudge or na.....solution, GANK SOMEONE ELSE.

Now you should be running around rambo style killing anyone you see in the forest or ganking people as soon as your ult cools down. you can help in ganks by bladefury when they are being disabled or finish off the fleeing hero with a well timed bladefury chase.

items.....
boots
branch or clarity or tango
---go to lane----
-2x bracers
-BoT if they are pushers/nukers, treads if they are mainly late game dps heroes.
-optional "fun items": blink dagger(works perfectly during bladefury, can blink to them in middle of chase if they think they got out of the storm, diffusal because purge works just as well, images get your awesome crit later on.
-mom-more slashes during omni,
-butterfly if you are going dps, skadi if they are hurting you more than you're hurting them. Not to mention the point booster gives you everything you need.

GL and BE AGGRESSIVE

o yea, get wards because they help so much in pushing. its like a mekasm every 6 seconds if you have 2k hp. bladefury loses its jizz later on, but you got 2 percentage based skills and no one will attempt to fight you 1 on 1 without creeps.

Last edited by flamling2; 01-29-2007 at 10:35 PM.
flamling2 has 371 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 01-30-2007

United States Altephor
BF Member

Why would you not get buriza on Jugg?

pm.gif   

Old 02-01-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altephor View Post
Why would you not get buriza on Jugg?
because the crit doesnt stack with his crit, if you see overlapping numbers, the bigger one only takes effect. so its like diminishing returns. theres a chance to do good, a small chance to do a little bit better, but also a chance to have them waste 2 at a time. not to mention he needs survivabiliy WAY more than damage.

flamling2 has 371 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-02-2007

United States Chaos
Eddie Harris
 Chaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, gosh

queen of pain, bone clinkz or any INT hero for the scourge

drow, zeus, rifleman, troll warlord, basically any INT or AGI hero with sentinel

i am not good with strength heroes except skeleton king =)

the items i get vary from game to game, depends on what i think will work best for that game. with intel heroes i usually get the stat-boosting items, aghanim scepter, dagon and stuff like that (plus dagon's spell rocks), with agility heroes usually go for the butterfly buriza type stuff, i think adding to damage is more important than stats for agility ranged heroes...

and of course speedy boots are a must with the tele boots as soon as you get some extra gold

Chaos has 28,439 Posts

WELL THEY CALL ME MIKE D THE EVER LOVING MAN
IM LIKE SPOONIE GEE WELL IM THE METROPOLITICIAN
YOU SCREAM AND YOU HOLLER
BOUT MY CHEVY IMPALA
BUT THE SWEAT IS GETTIN WET AROUND THE RING AROUND YOUR COLLAR

pm.gif