Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Warcraft Discussion & Strategy

Warcraft Discussion & Strategy Research and Discuss to Win.

Old 07-12-2006

United States tOmA
Revenge. Corruption. Evil
 tOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud of
Default For anyone interested, KoTH

I'm not sure if anyone remembers, but right before this site went down, I posted about a King of the Hill weekly tourney idea I had. I believe I posted it in the JHAD forums.

Well, since this site went down for so long, and it didn't seem like anyone here played any more, I went over to warboards and started it. It's currently running it's 6th week, and more than 100 votes over the course of the tourney has been cast, with a single competitor being at the top of the hill for 6 weeks straight.

I know the two sites co-exist, that's why I'm posting this, as I heard AJ posts over here now, and I saw Redcloak posting over there during the interim. So, I'm not exactly sure if anyone from here wanted to join in over there, or if you guys wanted to start your own over here (if you had enough solo players, you could).

Basically, each week all the challengers are put in a voting thread, and the thread lasts from monday until wednesday. Then, the challenger with the most votes gets to play the current king. The match play begins, with a map pool of 4 maps is randomly chosen by the organizer, and they have from Thursday until Monday to complete their games.

And all of the games thus far have been played. It's pretty neat, gives you something to practice to get better, and there's a voting system that people who aren't even involved can vote in.

Well anyways, here's a few links to our matches thus far. In case you guys don't figure it out, I'm GroG. The current 5 week champion is RedRagToAnORc, some newcomer guy not from here. He's beaten Wisp 3-0, DC 3-0, Cole 3-0, me 3-2, and another new guy, Dayoh, 3-0. So, he's racking up the wins! There are more threads than this, but here are the result threads with replays. All are current patch.

Week 1 results : http://www.warboards.org/showthread.php?t=18098
Week 2 results : http://www.warboards.org/showthread.php?t=18291
Week 3 results : http://www.warboards.org/showthread.php?t=18415
Week 4 results : http://www.warboards.org/showthread.php?t=18589
Week 5 results : http://www.warboards.org/showthread.php?t=18727

The current voting poll ends tomorrow. DC, Dayoh, and Wisp are tied for votes. If you are interested in voting, here : http://www.warboards.org/showthread.php?t=18894

Anyways, let me know. You guys could start your own version, or you could play in ours if you want. Or I could just keep posting links to new weeks if you wanted. Whatever.

tOmA has 1,929 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-12-2006

Canada Bred
Ich Bin Brot
 Bred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulz

Isn't that just Redrag o0

I'll do it.

Bred has 8,696 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-13-2006

United States tOmA
 tOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud of

yep it's redrag.

tOmA has 1,929 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-13-2006

Netherlands LXM
Artist
 LXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too much

I tried playing on USE one time. It was my last.

LXM has 10,243 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to LXM  

Old 07-13-2006

Finland maniyarr
wisperoni
 maniyarr doesn't suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LXM
Thank you for the information, now how is that related to wb koth :\

maniyarr has 25 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to maniyarr  

Old 07-13-2006

United States Demon Child
The Demonic Renegade
 Demon Child has a spectacular aura aboutDemon Child has a spectacular aura aboutDemon Child has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by LXM
Well, thanks to modern ingenuity, lag will be a thing of the past since everyone participating in the KotH competition will be playing each other on a LAN hosted by GGclient.

Demon Child has 147 Posts

I can has signature!

pm.gif   

Old 07-13-2006

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country CoLe
 CoLe is an unknown quantity at this point

We need more good players to play in koth.

pm.gif   

Old 07-13-2006

Canada Bred
Ich Bin Brot
 Bred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulz

I'll do it, I just don't feel like registering on WB >>

Bred has 8,696 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-14-2006

United States Demon Child
The Demonic Renegade
 Demon Child has a spectacular aura aboutDemon Child has a spectacular aura aboutDemon Child has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bred
I'll do it, I just don't feel like registering on WB >>
Thatr is a rather lame excuse, Bred.

Demon Child has 147 Posts

I can has signature!

pm.gif   

Old 07-24-2006

United States tOmA

Week 7 just ended, with GenocideAlive beating Prozerran. Reps are here--

http://www.warboards.org/showthread.php?t=19250

Week 8 voting just started. Here if you want to vote

http://www.warboards.org/showthread.php?t=19358

glgl

tOmA has 1,929 Posts

pm.gif