Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Your Life, Your Thoughts, Your Nonsense.

View Poll Results: Do you test daily?
Yes 1 7.14%
No 0 0%
Not a diabetic 13 92.86%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-19-2008

United States TheRabidDeer
Voting independent
 TheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of win
Default Question for those with type 1 diabetes

I got into an argument with my dad today because I rarely do finger prick tests and he thinks that I should be doing them 3 times a day. I have had it for like 2 years now and I am perfectly healthy aside from being diabetic. Every 3 months I go in for the A1C test and every time I have been BARELY outside of the normal non-diabetic range. Because of how tight of control I have on it, I feel I dont really need to check frequently unless I have a meal that I am not familiar with that may have a higher/lower carb count than I may think.

So, on to the question. If you have type 1 diabetes (probably not many here), do you do the finger prick test at least once per day?

Take the power from the parties and vote independent in 2008.

pm.gif   

Old 09-19-2008

BlizzForums Carnage
Oh, Canada, desu.
 Carnage did it for teh lulzCarnage did it for teh lulzCarnage did it for teh lulzCarnage did it for teh lulzCarnage did it for teh lulzCarnage did it for teh lulzCarnage did it for teh lulzCarnage did it for teh lulzCarnage did it for teh lulzCarnage did it for teh lulzCarnage did it for teh lulz

Yes.

And no, not me. Relative.

Carnage has 2,289 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 09-19-2008

Netherlands LXM
Artist
 LXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too much

Question:

"Question for those with type 1 diabetes"

Poll Option:

"Not a diabetic"

Durrr.

LXM has 10,243 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to LXM  

Old 09-19-2008

BlizzForums Carnage
Oh, Canada, desu.
 Carnage did it for teh lulzCarnage did it for teh lulzCarnage did it for teh lulzCarnage did it for teh lulzCarnage did it for teh lulzCarnage did it for teh lulzCarnage did it for teh lulzCarnage did it for teh lulzCarnage did it for teh lulzCarnage did it for teh lulzCarnage did it for teh lulz

1/10

Carnage has 2,289 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 09-19-2008

Netherlands LXM
Artist
 LXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too much

That bad?

LXM has 10,243 Posts

Old 09-19-2008

BlizzForums Carnage
Oh, Canada, desu.

Margin of error is +/- 6 so it COULD be 7/10. d:

desu

Carnage has 2,289 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 09-19-2008

United States TheRabidDeer
Voting independent
 TheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of win

Quote:
Originally Posted by LXM View Post
Question:

"Question for those with type 1 diabetes"

Poll Option:

"Not a diabetic"

Durrr.
There is a poll, people will vote when there is a poll, I am giving them an option to not be a jackass and skew the results.

I also hate you all.

Take the power from the parties and vote independent in 2008.

pm.gif   

Old 09-19-2008

Canada SmoothWare
Terrorists Win.
 SmoothWare IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!SmoothWare IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!SmoothWare IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!SmoothWare IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!SmoothWare IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!SmoothWare IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!SmoothWare IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!SmoothWare IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!SmoothWare IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!SmoothWare IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!SmoothWare IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
There is a poll, people will vote when there is a poll, I am giving them an option to not be a jackass and skew the results.

I also hate you all.
I voted for not a diabetic.

----------------
beepboop: Ministry - Lay Lady Lay

SmoothWare has 14,210 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to SmoothWare  

Old 09-19-2008

Netherlands LXM
Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothWare View Post
I voted for not a diabetic.

----------------
beepboop: Ministry - Lay Lady Lay
So did I.

First time I saw some one test his sugar level I was like O_O WTF U DOIN SON?!

LXM has 10,243 Posts

Old 09-19-2008

BlizzForums Carnage
Oh, Canada, desu.

Quote:

I also hate you all.
The experiment has gone horribly awry!

<poll explodes>

WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE?!

Carnage has 2,289 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 09-19-2008

Orkney Islands H0teLVi0LeT
Immune to Bans
 H0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too much

I like to eat raw sugar.

H0teLVi0LeT has 1,539 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 09-19-2008

United States AFHOF
Permanent Failure
 AFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at life

pm.gif   

Old 09-19-2008

Canada Drakain Zeil
erfolg durch qualität
 Drakain Zeil would like to thank all of the little people...Drakain Zeil would like to thank all of the little people...Drakain Zeil would like to thank all of the little people...Drakain Zeil would like to thank all of the little people...Drakain Zeil would like to thank all of the little people...Drakain Zeil would like to thank all of the little people...Drakain Zeil would like to thank all of the little people...Drakain Zeil would like to thank all of the little people...Drakain Zeil would like to thank all of the little people...Drakain Zeil would like to thank all of the little people...Drakain Zeil would like to thank all of the little people...

Quote:
I got into an argument with my dad today because I rarely do finger prick tests and he thinks that I should be doing them 3 times a day. I have had it for like 2 years now and I am perfectly healthy aside from being diabetic. Every 3 months I go in for the A1C test and every time I have been BARELY outside of the normal non-diabetic range. Because of how tight of control I have on it, I feel I dont really need to check frequently unless I have a meal that I am not familiar with that may have a higher/lower carb count than I may think.

So, on to the question. If you have type 1 diabetes (probably not many here), do you do the finger prick test at least once per day?
You'll probably be pissed off when things get fucked up on you one day and you don't know.

Drakain Zeil has 11,867 Posts

Faster than lightning
and high as a kite
Hidden Content:

pm.gif   

Old 09-19-2008

United States Golgo 13
ಠ_ಠ
 Golgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too much

If there's one thing I hope I never get, it's diabeetus.

Golgo 13 has 10,560 Posts

"The modern banking system manufactures money out of nothing. The process is perhaps the most astounding piece of sleight-of-hand that was ever invented. Banking was conceived in inequity and born in sin. But if you want to continue to be slaves of the bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, then let the bankers continue to create money and control credit."

- Josiah Charles, President of the Bank of England & 2nd richest man in Great Britain (1880-1941)

pm.gif   

Old 09-19-2008

United States GenocideAlive
You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

Given that I'm a healthcare professional with abundant and widespread exposure to diabetes, I can say this: good management of diabetes has a lot more to do with consistency and good habits than it does checking your insulin and glucose levels. I think you have a valid point about not having to stick more than once a day in your "nothing surprising" assessment, and I think your dad has a point that you've had some abnormal readings.

The elephant in the room here, however, is that your dad does not yet think you are being responsible. You on the other hand, are doing nothing to offer him assurances that you are doing everything you can to control the disease. (Other than arguing and claiming that abnormal values are BARELY abnormal, which only emphasizes your shirking of responsibility)

If you truly want a solution to your issue, you should approach your father with a better organized plan for control and monitor. If you just want some forumer to say "O YA U TOTALY RITE FUCK UR DAD", then consider it done and let the topic go.

GenocideAlive has 2,277 Posts

pm.gif