Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 06-29-2007

Canada RODTHEGOD
Rise of the Black Leaf
 RODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too long
Default Re: A Karune Compendium

or maps with just gold crytals

RODTHEGOD has 1,283 Posts

Its Only a matter of time

pm.gif   

Old 06-29-2007

United States XBSHX
BF Member
 XBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by kameo View Post
Yeah i'm just going to Re-point out thing about the new gold crystals.
1.Not every map will have them.
2.They will be in less defencable postions.
3.They will be placed to try and tempt players into conflict, much like fountains and shops in WAR3.
4.They wont be bringing in double what blue crystals have. It will most likely be a SLIGHT increase.

So all on all it doesnt seem like it will unbalance the game. Just change the way people play certain maps.
Lets give it a chance guys. I dont see it as such a big thing. If you dont like it you can always play/make maps that dont have gold crystals.
I agree with everything you've said. *defendable

XBSHX has 3,215 Posts

Zergling seagull sound NEEDS to go.

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to XBSHX  

Old 06-29-2007

Canada SLushe
BF Member
 SLushe is obviously doing something rightSLushe is obviously doing something rightSLushe is obviously doing something rightSLushe is obviously doing something rightSLushe is obviously doing something rightSLushe is obviously doing something rightSLushe is obviously doing something rightSLushe is obviously doing something rightSLushe is obviously doing something rightSLushe is obviously doing something rightSLushe is obviously doing something right

Blizz wont be stupid enough to bring in anything other than a slight increase in resources. I think if blue is 8, Yellow will be 10-11.

pm.gif   

Old 06-29-2007

Canada countchocula86
Chocolate God
 countchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of win

Yea, come on, Blizzard did bring us SC1, so I'm sure they'll make intelligant choices for SC2.

countchocula86 has 1,599 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://mylifeforauir.com/
Any sentence that begins with “Protoss cannot” is a flat out lie. Protoss can.

pm.gif   

Old 06-29-2007

Australia Operational
En Taro Adun
 Operational has a spectacular aura aboutOperational has a spectacular aura aboutOperational has a spectacular aura about

Wow, very interesting Q&A. It has really set the cat amongst the pigeons.

pm.gif   

Old 06-30-2007

Netherlands Antilles Inspir3s
Protoss Inspiration
 Inspir3s is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLushe View Post
Blizz wont be stupid enough to bring in anything other than a slight increase in resources. I think if blue is 8, Yellow will be 10-11.
It wouldnt be 11... it would be 10-12 possibly as high as 14 but 16 would be to much... i think.

Stop whining.

pm.gif   

Old 06-30-2007

Canada Kimera757*
The Last Cerebrate
 Kimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi Warp
The Citadel of Adun looked like a gigantic Probe, but the War Shrine is pretty slick
You have a picture of the War Shrine? Or a link?

StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay.

Three products = one game plus two expansions.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

pm.gif   

Old 06-30-2007

United States TehDarkArchon
BF Member
 TehDarkArchon is an unknown quantity at this point

There probably won't be many yellow patches near the expansions, so even if they do give 16 I think that's pretty reasonable, though I really don't know about the whole concept in general. Someone with 2 expansions will almost positively have a greater income than the one, and since Starcraft is notorious with having many expanding bases I don't see too much of a problem. I'm guessing an expansion at yellow mineral patches will be like 1.5x of a regular expansion. However, I think it's safe to say it'll be more than 10-11. If it's only that much then it wouldn't even be worth it.

pm.gif   

Old 06-30-2007

United States milesj
www.sc2armory.com
 milesj has much to be proud ofmilesj has much to be proud ofmilesj has much to be proud ofmilesj has much to be proud ofmilesj has much to be proud ofmilesj has much to be proud ofmilesj has much to be proud ofmilesj has much to be proud of

A blue mineral patch usually has like 10-12 mineral spots to mine... yellow has like 3-4... so dont worry.

Full Zerg Unit and Building database
Gameplay Guide / Media / Voting

pm.gif   

Old 06-30-2007

United States UED Special Ops
BF Vet
 UED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightened

Agreed. I really don't know why so many people are freaking out. This is Blizz we are talking about, they have already said that the SC2 gameplay will be nearly the same as SC1 gameplay in most ways. So come on, why would Blizz, after testing, leave in a feature that would ruin the game? They would see through testing that either the yellow minerals are balanced due to their difficult to defend locations, or they would be unbalanced, and thus removed.

UED Special Ops has 4,775 Posts

06-27-06: The date that BF returned!!

pm.gif   

Old 06-30-2007

Canada countchocula86
Chocolate God
 countchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of win

And you can always control how much mineral is actually there. Not the spots, but I mean the total resource value. So sure 14-16 is great, but if the patch only has 300-400 minerals total, it'll just be a quick boost.

countchocula86 has 1,599 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://mylifeforauir.com/
Any sentence that begins with “Protoss cannot” is a flat out lie. Protoss can.

pm.gif   

Old 07-01-2007

Australia Waves
or maybe particles
 Waves is a name known to allWaves is a name known to allWaves is a name known to allWaves is a name known to allWaves is a name known to allWaves is a name known to allWaves is a name known to allWaves is a name known to allWaves is a name known to allWaves is a name known to allWaves is a name known to all

From what we have seen of the yellow minerals so far, they come in smaller quantities than the blue ones. Not necessarily in quantity per patch (which we have no way of knowing about), but in terms of the number of patches per expansion site.

So the real effect of yellow minerals on many of the official maps may not be so much giving you more resources, but rather letting you gather about the same amount with fewer peons, economizing somewhat on your supply. Needing fewer peons to keep the base running at full capacity would also make it faster to recover from raids against it - which makes sense if the yellow mineral patches will be in harder to defend areas of the maps.

I think the yellow crystals are a good idea that will enhance the game. One thing that is always fun to see in StarCraft, but that doesn't happen all that often, is when one player destroys another's expansion, then fortifies the area and builds their own expansion on the ruins. That makes for some exciting back and forth battles.

Waves has 2,550 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-02-2007

Italy Ozymandias
Commander?
 Ozymandias is an unknown quantity at this point

Yellow minerals!?

In wich video we can see yellow minerals??

Ozymandias has 70 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-02-2007

Australia Waves
or maybe particles
 Waves is a name known to allWaves is a name known to allWaves is a name known to allWaves is a name known to allWaves is a name known to allWaves is a name known to allWaves is a name known to allWaves is a name known to allWaves is a name known to allWaves is a name known to allWaves is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Yellow minerals!?

In wich video we can see yellow minerals??
The PC Gamer preview video. It's the one which showcases the Soul Hunter, the Twilight Archon, the Tempest and the Phase Cannon. The yellow minerals can be seen during the Tempest section, from about 1:30 to 1:40, towards the top of the screen.

Waves has 2,550 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-02-2007

Italy Ozymandias
Commander?
 Ozymandias is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waves View Post
The PC Gamer preview video. It's the one which showcases the Soul Hunter, the Twilight Archon, the Tempest and the Phase Cannon. The yellow minerals can be seen during the Tempest section, from about 1:30 to 1:40, towards the top of the screen.
Oh thx!

Ozymandias has 70 Posts

pm.gif