Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 05-21-2007

United States Zergums
Eating a Raw Dripping Ham
 Zergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwns
Default Reapers Weapons

2 Pistals? Are you serious lol, give them some flamers or something that looks scary

Zergums has 1,504 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-21-2007

Canada countchocula86
Chocolate God
 countchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of win
Default Re: Reapers Weapons

They're fast attack units, designed to be able to move quickly over long distances. Heavy rifles or flame-throwers would weigh em down

countchocula86 has 1,599 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-21-2007

United States Jolly Roger
Viking Pilot
 Jolly Roger is on a distinguished road

Two words. Gauss Carbine.

Jolly Roger has 451 Posts

Not a psychic, can't drive a tank, kicked out of the Marine Corps...
That leaves SCV and Pirate, and I hate harvesting...

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Jolly Roger Send a message via Yahoo to Jolly Roger 

Old 05-21-2007

United States Ben
The Sartorialist
 Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...

"Machine pistols" mean something like Uzis.

Ben has 11,099 Posts

What's happening?
I keep my dreadlocks in a napkin ring
Rap and sing
Unlike the homogenous clones
I'm in to earth tones, birth stones, and erogenous zones
The more ticklish the more you have
Sitting on the curb of what used to be the burbs
And before that was Canarcie
I'm a disturbed and bitter herb
Like saltwater and parsley

Most Intelligent Debater 2008

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Ben Send a message via MSN to Ben  

Old 05-21-2007

Israel Initiative
War Prey Commodore
 Initiative has a brilliant futureInitiative has a brilliant futureInitiative has a brilliant futureInitiative has a brilliant futureInitiative has a brilliant futureInitiative has a brilliant futureInitiative has a brilliant futureInitiative has a brilliant futureInitiative has a brilliant futureInitiative has a brilliant futureInitiative has a brilliant future

I think their attack animation looks stupid.

Initiative has 162 Posts

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to Initiative Send a message via MSN to Initiative  

Old 05-21-2007

United States Jolly Roger
Viking Pilot
 Jolly Roger is on a distinguished road

Their attack is okay, but they need to turn off the jet packs when they arent jumping. They look silly just floating there...

Jolly Roger has 451 Posts

Not a psychic, can't drive a tank, kicked out of the Marine Corps...
That leaves SCV and Pirate, and I hate harvesting...

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Jolly Roger Send a message via Yahoo to Jolly Roger 

Old 05-21-2007

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Faufnir
BF Member
 Faufnir is an unknown quantity at this point

The pistols are probably very high caliber and have special kind of bullets.
The shooting animation needs some fixing imo, they just 'dance' (although that could be cool too) changing balance from leg to another.

Let's go; the sea is waiting for us!
The vastness of the sea is calling to us, and the tides!

pm.gif   

Old 05-21-2007

United States Visions of Khas
Savassan's Legacy
 Visions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortals

I get the distinct feeling that the Reapers will emulate Jango Fett while making allusions to The Rocketeer and/or Commando Cody.

It is evident that Reapers are light infantry units that aren't nearly as heavy as Marines; the pistols are meant to keep the load light. If Reapers are replacing Firebats, the dual pistols may allow them to engage multiple opponents simultaneously.

Last edited by Visions of Khas; 05-21-2007 at 06:07 PM.
Visions of Khas has 493 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Visions of Khas  

Old 05-21-2007

United States Gradius
For Vengenace
 Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!

I still dont understand how pistols can pierce protoss armor. =/

Gradius has 5,020 Posts

Best StarCraft II Poster 2008 | Best Moderator 2008
Best StarCraft II Poster 2007 Runner Up | Most-Liked StarCraft II Poster 2007

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Gradius Send a message via MSN to Gradius  

Old 05-21-2007

United States trueblue
BF Member
 trueblue is a splendid one to beholdtrueblue is a splendid one to beholdtrueblue is a splendid one to beholdtrueblue is a splendid one to beholdtrueblue is a splendid one to beholdtrueblue is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
I still dont understand how pistols can pierce protoss armor. =/
Think "automatic magnum", held by who guy in a powered suit who doesn't feel recoil.

And he can fly.

pm.gif   

Old 05-21-2007

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

The Reaper would probably have very weak attacks against large units but moderate against small biological units; their cool down should be very short (as short as the Protoss Corsair or something) and pretty much used as scouting units I guess. That's my assumption for the unit.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Meteora  

Old 05-21-2007

Canada Cabayon Leet
In between words
 Cabayon Leet doesn't suck

I am thrilled about The Reapers... they seem quite interesting. To be completely honest, I am a bit dissapointed in their name, as I think it lacks creativity, as well as their "unit portrait". On the other hand, the general appearance of the sprite in itself as well as their apparent usefullness seem intriguing to say the least. In the end, I hope that they are more than just Marines with a speed boost and the ability to bypass cliffs and such. I want their weapon to actually have a distict fonction from that of the Marines... if someone thinks they know what it could be, I would like to hear it.

Cabayon Leet has 88 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-22-2007

Israel Initiative
War Prey Commodore
 Initiative has a brilliant futureInitiative has a brilliant futureInitiative has a brilliant futureInitiative has a brilliant futureInitiative has a brilliant futureInitiative has a brilliant futureInitiative has a brilliant futureInitiative has a brilliant futureInitiative has a brilliant futureInitiative has a brilliant futureInitiative has a brilliant future

I just hope they don't really replace Firebats.

Initiative has 162 Posts

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to Initiative Send a message via MSN to Initiative  

Old 05-22-2007

Italy 10thNazgul
BF Member
 10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen

I hope they don't replace firebats with reapers...
It make more sense to replace vultures with reapers: it seems that reapers will have the role of harassment unit. If they eliminate firebats terrans don't have any melee unit

pm.gif   

Old 05-22-2007

Philippine farstrider
 farstrider doesn't suck

I think reapers should be melee and have chainswords jst like assault marines from wh40k ahaha

pm.gif