Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 05-21-2007

United States Seeders
BF Member
 Seeders is a jewel in the roughSeeders is a jewel in the roughSeeders is a jewel in the rough
Default Other race's "Mothership"

Surely, Protoss wont be the only race to have the "You can only have one" unit. What other units do you suspect, if any, for the other races?

Zerg may get an overmind i was thinking. The overmind could boost the zerg's strength in a number of ways.

Im not too sure about terran. Maybe a huge tank or mech unit, or some other ground machine I would imagine.

Seeders has 114 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-21-2007

Norway TheBB
BF Member
 TheBB has become enlightenedTheBB has become enlightenedTheBB has become enlightenedTheBB has become enlightenedTheBB has become enlightenedTheBB has become enlightenedTheBB has become enlightenedTheBB has become enlightenedTheBB has become enlightenedTheBB has become enlightenedTheBB has become enlightened
Default Re: Other race's "Mothership"

Actually the Protoss will be the only race to have that kind of unit. It was stated somewhere, but I can't remember where. It's part of their effort to distinguish the races.

TheBB has 303 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-21-2007

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country flavormanIII
I come in all flavors
 flavormanIII has become enlightenedflavormanIII has become enlightenedflavormanIII has become enlightenedflavormanIII has become enlightenedflavormanIII has become enlightenedflavormanIII has become enlightenedflavormanIII has become enlightenedflavormanIII has become enlightenedflavormanIII has become enlightenedflavormanIII has become enlightenedflavormanIII has become enlightened

I expect Terrans to have some sort of Special Power Suit with nifty abilities and customizable weapons(choosing wheter a chaingun or flamethrower etc.). They'd have jet pack Ability and Defense Matrix. You can field only 3 at a time.

flavormanIII has 1,052 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-21-2007

Canada lepape
BF Member
 lepape doesn't suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBB View Post
Actually the Protoss will be the only race to have that kind of unit. It was stated somewhere, but I can't remember where. It's part of their effort to distinguish the races.
Yay.

I'm still not that excited about the Mothership either, it's cool but, just the words "ultimate unit" makes me sceptical. And remind me of WC3 Heroes somehow.

lepape has 165 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-21-2007

United States XBSHX
BF Member
 XBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to all

Yep blizzard said toss will be the only ones to get a unit like that... hell terran have nukes so why shouldn't the toss who are more technologically advanced not have some weapon of mass destruction.

XBSHX has 3,215 Posts

Zergling seagull sound NEEDS to go.

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to XBSHX  

Old 05-21-2007

United States Seeders
BF Member
 Seeders is a jewel in the roughSeeders is a jewel in the roughSeeders is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBSHX View Post
Yep blizzard said toss will be the only ones to get a unit like that... hell terran have nukes so why shouldn't the toss who are more technologically advanced not have some weapon of mass destruction.
I just asked your opinion, im not pretending like I know everything.

Seeders has 114 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-21-2007

Canada rushz0rz
 rushz0rz is a god among mere mortalsrushz0rz is a god among mere mortalsrushz0rz is a god among mere mortalsrushz0rz is a god among mere mortalsrushz0rz is a god among mere mortalsrushz0rz is a god among mere mortalsrushz0rz is a god among mere mortalsrushz0rz is a god among mere mortalsrushz0rz is a god among mere mortalsrushz0rz is a god among mere mortalsrushz0rz is a god among mere mortals

Quote:
There will be a counter available for both Terrans and Zerg to use against it, but they will deliberately not be provided with a similar super-unit.
And there you have it, folks.

rushz0rz has 121 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-21-2007

United States XBSHX
BF Member
 XBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeders View Post
I just asked your opinion, im not pretending like I know everything.
When did I say you were acting like you knew everything... I was just making a point.

XBSHX has 3,215 Posts

Old 05-21-2007

Netherlands Freezingfire
BF Member
 Freezingfire is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushz0rz View Post
And there you have it, folks.
Thanks. From which article is that quote if I may ask?

pm.gif   

Old 05-21-2007

Canada rushz0rz
 rushz0rz is a god among mere mortalsrushz0rz is a god among mere mortalsrushz0rz is a god among mere mortalsrushz0rz is a god among mere mortalsrushz0rz is a god among mere mortalsrushz0rz is a god among mere mortalsrushz0rz is a god among mere mortalsrushz0rz is a god among mere mortalsrushz0rz is a god among mere mortalsrushz0rz is a god among mere mortalsrushz0rz is a god among mere mortals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezingfire View Post
Thanks. From which article is that quote if I may ask?
Right here.

rushz0rz has 121 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-21-2007

Australia Operational
En Taro Adun
 Operational has a spectacular aura aboutOperational has a spectacular aura aboutOperational has a spectacular aura about

I'm looking forward to fighting them, sounds like a big game defining battle.

pm.gif   

Old 05-21-2007

Israel Pita
Ultimate Geniosity Noob
 Pita doesn't suck

I'm looking forward to playing protoss, getting a mothership, and then watching as a ghost lockdowns it and I cry for my million minerals gone to heck and only because of 100 mana.

pm.gif   

Old 05-21-2007

Italy 10thNazgul
BF Member
 10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen

I think that giving to protoss a superunit is a way to differentiate more the 3 races.
Other races I assume that don't have superunits: Terran have a superweapon (nuke).
Zerg will focuss on mass, and perhaps could have some sort of "superpower" (that boost their bloodlust for some time).

pm.gif   

Old 05-21-2007

United States XBSHX
BF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pita View Post
I'm looking forward to playing protoss, getting a mothership, and then watching as a ghost lockdowns it and I cry for my million minerals gone to heck and only because of 100 mana.
I'm sure it wouldn't be that easy to take down... it's probably immune to lockdown.

XBSHX has 3,215 Posts

Old 05-21-2007

Israel Pita
Ultimate Geniosity Noob
 Pita doesn't suck

That would completely suck.
I would hate to play terran and get pwned by one of those.
Of course, I play Zerg, so both og my points are moot.

pm.gif