Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 05-20-2007

United States wrath9259
What's Burning?
 wrath9259 is on a distinguished road
Default The Terrans...

I haven't seen any threads discussing the Terrans so I'm going to open one.

What's your opinion on the new Terran units and the changes to existing Terran units?

I don't really like the new siege tank deploment method where the treads rotate out. I love the new "jet-pack" marines and think that they'll add a nice new aspect to the game. On the new nuke targeting circle I love it because now you don't have to find "the damn dot". In the gameplay trailer I didn't see any ghosts though so maybe they're remotely launched?

wrath9259 has 1,076 Posts

"You could no more evade my wrath then you could your own shadow" -Dark Templar
Signature by Mtank

pm.gif   

Old 05-20-2007

United States Ben
The Sartorialist
 Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...
Default Re: The Terrans...

As a staunch Terran partisan, I'm excited. I really can't wait to use those Reapers, going to be so great for taking out expansions and base harrasment.

I'm afraid of the Protoss Colossi. My main strategy on B.Net when I played was a 3/3 medarine drop with siege tanks for support. They look like they would tear through 'Rines, and they certainly tore through those Reapers pretty good.

Ben has 11,099 Posts

What's happening?
I keep my dreadlocks in a napkin ring
Rap and sing
Unlike the homogenous clones
I'm in to earth tones, birth stones, and erogenous zones
The more ticklish the more you have
Sitting on the curb of what used to be the burbs
And before that was Canarcie
I'm a disturbed and bitter herb
Like saltwater and parsley

Most Intelligent Debater 2008

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Ben Send a message via MSN to Ben  

Old 05-20-2007

United States XBSHX
BF Member
 XBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to all

1. Marines have shields and bayonets... that should be removed ASAP.
2. Seige Tanks look like they are made of plastic. The new deployment method would look a lot better if they weren't so plasticy.
3. Battlecruisers look fat and bloated... (to round). BC's are very square in SC and BW.

XBSHX has 3,215 Posts

Zergling seagull sound NEEDS to go.

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to XBSHX  

Old 05-20-2007

Canada Lakhesis
BF Member
 Lakhesis is on a distinguished road

When I turned 13 I pretty much said "Fuck all the other races" so yeah when I join a game its almost instinct to set my race to Terran. Yeah when I first watched the videos I was already watching the Terran player closely.

Reapers look amazingly wicked for harassment, sort of like the usual "I'm going to just fuck around with your base developement with 12 wraiths"

Lakhesis has 160 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-20-2007

Canada countchocula86
Chocolate God
 countchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of win

I really don't much care for the shields and bayonets either hehe, but I'll reserve judgement until I see the units posted on the website first, cos you never know whatll get polished up.

countchocula86 has 1,599 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-20-2007

Singapore dusthoof
BF Member
 dusthoof doesn't suck

Siege Tanks are not as fearful as before.After seeing the replays it seems like the protoss have ways to counter them.

dusthoof has 45 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-20-2007

United States wrath9259
What's Burning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBSHX View Post
1. Marines have shields and bayonets... that should be removed ASAP.
Damn, I didn't even notice that....that's just dumb. Marines don't need bayonets!

Signature by Mtank

pm.gif   

Old 05-20-2007

Canada Lakhesis
BF Member
 Lakhesis is on a distinguished road

Shields, yes, bayonets, not so much.

Lakhesis has 160 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-20-2007

United States Ben
The Sartorialist
 Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...

I don't see bayonets, just the shields.

The shields make sense. If you raise that thing as the same time a zergling leaps, you could save your life.

Ben has 11,099 Posts

What's happening?
I keep my dreadlocks in a napkin ring
Rap and sing
Unlike the homogenous clones
I'm in to earth tones, birth stones, and erogenous zones
The more ticklish the more you have
Sitting on the curb of what used to be the burbs
And before that was Canarcie
I'm a disturbed and bitter herb
Like saltwater and parsley

Most Intelligent Debater 2008

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Ben Send a message via MSN to Ben  

Old 05-20-2007

Israel MasterBoo
Giant Space Hamster
 MasterBoo is dominating!MasterBoo is dominating!MasterBoo is dominating!MasterBoo is dominating!MasterBoo is dominating!MasterBoo is dominating!MasterBoo is dominating!MasterBoo is dominating!MasterBoo is dominating!MasterBoo is dominating!MasterBoo is dominating!

Anyone else noticed Dropships now have to land in order to drop units? This will certainally ruin some strategies

MasterBoo has 2,866 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-20-2007

United States Ass Kicker
Joshua Jew
 Ass Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrath9259 View Post
I haven't seen any threads discussing the Terrans so I'm going to open one.
Should of looked on page two...

http://www.blizzforums.com/showthread.php?t=8147

Ass Kicker has 3,320 Posts

Welcome to hell newbs your souls are mine!!!!

pm.gif   

Old 05-20-2007

United States wrath9259
What's Burning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBoo View Post
Anyone else noticed Dropships now have to land in order to drop units? This will certainally ruin some strategies
But it looks like they drop all the units at once instead of the original SC dropping one at a time...So maybe it's not so bad. It might actually be faster this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Kicker View Post
Should of looked on page two...
Sorry about that.

Signature by Mtank

pm.gif   

Old 05-20-2007

Israel MasterBoo
Giant Space Hamster
 MasterBoo is dominating!MasterBoo is dominating!MasterBoo is dominating!MasterBoo is dominating!MasterBoo is dominating!MasterBoo is dominating!MasterBoo is dominating!MasterBoo is dominating!MasterBoo is dominating!MasterBoo is dominating!MasterBoo is dominating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrath9259 View Post
But it looks like they drop all the units at once instead of the original SC dropping one at a time...So maybe it's not so bad. It might actually be faster this way.
Yes, but it abolishes drop-and-pick tactics. Oh well, the landing animation looks cool nevertheless

MasterBoo has 2,866 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-20-2007

United States SuperKiller
Cute Small Killer
 SuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatness

poor boxer. no more tank popping. no more reaver popping for protoss either. I haven't seen anything about reavers in the game yet though

SuperKiller has 3,803 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to SuperKiller Send a message via MSN to SuperKiller  

Old 05-20-2007

United States The Weird One
 The Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of win

Just want to point out Reapers have pistols, they aren't marines.

But I do hope those damn siege tanks get polished.

The Weird One has 2,269 Posts

pm.gif