Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 05-19-2007

United States Ass Kicker
Joshua Jew
 Ass Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too much
Default Infested Terran obsolete?

With the new Zergling ability to commit suicide will the Zerg still continue to use infested Terran? The new suicide unit seems to move quicker (and can burrow?) and it would therefore be a waste to use infested Terran.

Ass Kicker has 3,320 Posts

Welcome to hell newbs your souls are mine!!!!

pm.gif   

Old 05-19-2007

United States Kassad
Serenity Now
 Kassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightened
Default Re: Infested Terran obsolete?

I'd assume the same. Maybe something different will come out of the Infested Command Centers.

Kassad has 5,080 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Kassad  

Old 05-19-2007

Canada Kimera757*
The Last Cerebrate
 Kimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of win

The Infested Terran was created as part of the Zerg search for Terran psychics. With Kerrigan infested there was little point of creating new ones except as convenient suicide bombers.

Unless Kerrigan has figured out a way for them to retain their intelligence (she was making a valiant effort in StarCraft: Hybrid, by the way) then there's not much point to them.

The ones in StarCraft: Ghost looked smarter. Maybe that type exists now (and isn't suicidal, or at least isn't as suicidal).

pm.gif   

Old 05-19-2007

United States The Weird One
 The Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of win

Infested marines? A faster version of marines but don't have as good accuracy and therefore loses damage?

The Weird One has 2,269 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-19-2007

United States Eggy
BF Member
 Eggy was born to leadEggy was born to leadEggy was born to leadEggy was born to leadEggy was born to leadEggy was born to leadEggy was born to lead

Most likely.

I've always wondered why Infested Terrans couldn't use the guns that they had when they were infested, as in this shot here:

http://sonsofthestorm.com/viewer_sam...rt=213&sub=198

Perhaps this is a way to give the Zerg another ranged unit, however this would encroach upon the Hydralisk's niche. Who knows.

Eggy has 66 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-19-2007

United States Kassad
Serenity Now
 Kassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightened

Probably because they lose most of their human motor functions and succumb to mindless rage.

Kassad has 5,080 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Kassad  

Old 05-19-2007

Canada Kimera757*
The Last Cerebrate
 Kimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of win

The Infested Marine didn't seem to encroach on the Hydralisk too much in StarCraft: Ghost, although of course it's a very different game...

pm.gif   

Old 05-19-2007

United States Bluebomber
Formerly Infestedstukov
 Bluebomber is unstoppable!Bluebomber is unstoppable!Bluebomber is unstoppable!Bluebomber is unstoppable!Bluebomber is unstoppable!Bluebomber is unstoppable!Bluebomber is unstoppable!Bluebomber is unstoppable!Bluebomber is unstoppable!Bluebomber is unstoppable!Bluebomber is unstoppable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggy View Post
Most likely.

I've always wondered why Infested Terrans couldn't use the guns that they had when they were infested, as in this shot here:

http://sonsofthestorm.com/viewer_sam...rt=213&sub=198

Perhaps this is a way to give the Zerg another ranged unit, however this would encroach upon the Hydralisk's niche. Who knows.
I don't know if the feature is on the computer but on the N64 there is an encyclopedia of the units and buildings. The reason they don't use guns is because it is a civilian infested.

That was a fan artwork and obviously the creator didn't know it was a civilian infested.

Bluebomber has 358 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Bluebomber  

Old 05-19-2007

Canada ShadowAldrius
Evil wizard of some sort
 ShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortals

Like Dark Templar, we will probably see more and more infested Terran units, and not just the sappers we saw in StarCraft. The whole Zerg campaign might focus on Kerrigan's experiments with Zerg/Terran hybrids.

Quote:
That was a fan artwork and obviously the creator didn't know it was a civilian infested.
Don't mean to be rude...

but...

DUDE. Samwise drew that. He's head of the art department at Blizzard Entertainment. (Though his style is used in WarCraft projects, Metzen's is used more for StarCraft.)

ShadowAldrius has 2,172 Posts

The Banshee should be surly, drunken and Irish. (Okay, maybe just Irish.)

pm.gif   

Old 05-20-2007

Singapore dusthoof
BF Member
 dusthoof doesn't suck

Maybe there will not be infested terrans.

dusthoof has 45 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-20-2007

Canada Lakhesis
BF Member
 Lakhesis is on a distinguished road

Nah, while the zerglings explosions may be smaller... My first thought (by myself) was whats the incentive to get infested terrans? Then it dawned on me, hell, lets just modify the infested terran. Lets make it so that the explosion of the infested terran is much larger. Maybe a little less then the size of a nuke, but more then it is now. Maybe would require research, but very effective none-the-less.

Hate my idea, like it, I don't care. I think it would be cool.

Lakhesis has 160 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-20-2007

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country mixx
Have a nice day...
 mixx is clearly better than youmixx is clearly better than youmixx is clearly better than youmixx is clearly better than youmixx is clearly better than youmixx is clearly better than youmixx is clearly better than youmixx is clearly better than youmixx is clearly better than youmixx is clearly better than youmixx is clearly better than you

I'm sure a creature like the zerg, who specializes in infestation can find a new way of infesting terrans giving them other unique abilities

mixx has 6,270 Posts

Take thee this thing covered with that stuff and give it unto that guy, that he may do things with it.

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to mixx Send a message via Yahoo to mixx 

Old 05-20-2007

United States wrath9259
What's Burning?
 wrath9259 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusthoof View Post
Maybe there will not be infested terrans.
Please don't do "one-liners" that don't add to the conversation in your posts. Read the guidelines and rules all you new people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakhesis View Post
Nah, while the zerglings explosions may be smaller... My first thought (by myself) was whats the incentive to get infested terrans? Then it dawned on me, hell, lets just modify the infested terran. Lets make it so that the explosion of the infested terran is much larger. Maybe a little less then the size of a nuke, but more then it is now. Maybe would require research, but very effective none-the-less.
I think that would be pretty cool to have the infested terran explosion larger. I never really messed with it because it didn't do much damage for the sacrifice of a unit. I also think that the infested terrans should be able to do more then just run into something and die. Maybe a melee attack or something?

wrath9259 has 1,076 Posts

"You could no more evade my wrath then you could your own shadow" -Dark Templar
Signature by Mtank

pm.gif   

Old 05-20-2007

United States UED Special Ops
BF Vet
 UED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightened

Hopefully. But considering all the new stuff Blizz is putting in SC2, if the Infested Terrans come back, odds are they will do more then their SC1 versions.

UED Special Ops has 4,775 Posts

06-27-06: The date that BF returned!!

pm.gif   

Old 05-20-2007

United States Bluebomber
Formerly Infestedstukov
 Bluebomber is unstoppable!Bluebomber is unstoppable!Bluebomber is unstoppable!Bluebomber is unstoppable!Bluebomber is unstoppable!Bluebomber is unstoppable!Bluebomber is unstoppable!Bluebomber is unstoppable!Bluebomber is unstoppable!Bluebomber is unstoppable!Bluebomber is unstoppable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAldrius View Post
DUDE. Samwise drew that. He's head of the art department at Blizzard Entertainment. (Though his style is used in WarCraft projects, Metzen's is used more for StarCraft.)
oh sorry about that

maybe the infested terrans could do kerigan's attack just not as strong.
I saw in a Ghost trailer that the infested terrans had big claws on their hands....

Bluebomber has 358 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Bluebomber