Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 05-17-2007

New Zealand Shadowkiwi
aka Shadow_Deamon1
 Shadowkiwi doesn't suck
Default the thing that would turn me off SC2

well i know SC2 should be a good game but there is a few thing could turn me away easy, and thats if it uses advanced 3d graphics so we need top of the line computers just to play the dam thing with no lag, or it turns out like warcraft 3 (sorry to people who like) sure the graphics were good but the food limit was only 100 and some units take up 7, so we couldnt really make a army as we could in starcraft where the food limit was 200

anyone got some predictons on how the graphics would be and how a good a computer people will need?

pm.gif   

Old 05-17-2007

United States Kaiser
Ghost Reporting
 Kaiser has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the thing that would turn me off SC2

If you can play WoW fine you should be able to play Starcraft 2 fine.

Kaiser has 230 Posts

We Want Nova In Starcraft II

[ Starcraft 2 ]

pm.gif   

Old 05-17-2007

New Zealand Shadowkiwi
aka Shadow_Deamon1
 Shadowkiwi doesn't suck

well in that case i got nothing to worry about, i hope ur right

pm.gif   

Old 05-17-2007

Italy 10thNazgul
BF Member
 10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen

SC2 will be released not before a year, after the announce, i think.
I hope that SC2 run on today's medium level PC...

pm.gif   

Old 05-17-2007

United States Blademaster513
BF Member
 Blademaster513 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah Im concerned about this-not for myself but for my friends. I recently just got a nice high end gaming comp so I dont really have anything to worry about but I have a chain of friends that I ALWAYS used to play SC with (and get my butt kicked by), but I'm fearful that some of them will be deterred by high system requirements...

Heh, at the same time I would love to see an amazing looking high-end 3d graphics engine used to take advantage of high end comps, but really thats not whats important.

I wouldn't worry about it, Im sure it'll run fine on mid-range PCs. Blizzard usually doesn't go overboard on system requirements.

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Blademaster513  

Old 05-17-2007

Netherlands Hunta
Radical
 Hunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than you

Now that you mention it, I hope that I don't have to buy a new computer for SC2, because I probably won't buy it then!

But I haven't worried about that for a second yet... Usually Blizzard games run fine on many different specifications.

Hunta has 1,063 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-17-2007

United States UED Special Ops
BF Vet
 UED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightened

Yeah, Blizz has always made it so that you don't need uber comps to play their games without lag/slowdown. So we really don't have to worry, SC2 will run fine on mid-level comps.

UED Special Ops has 4,775 Posts

06-27-06: The date that BF returned!!

pm.gif   

Old 05-17-2007

Finland Arbinn
BF Member
 Arbinn is a name known to allArbinn is a name known to allArbinn is a name known to allArbinn is a name known to allArbinn is a name known to allArbinn is a name known to allArbinn is a name known to allArbinn is a name known to allArbinn is a name known to allArbinn is a name known to allArbinn is a name known to all

Usually I don't care about system reqs for the games. My comp is 3 years old now and it can still run C&C3 and SupCom demo fine. And it seems I'm getting a new comp as a birthday present next october so bring it on! Make it as nifty looking as you want Blizz!

But having settings that could be varied from absolute minimum (even the worst [in nowaday terms] comps can run it) to the highest possible level would be nice. Then you can run it smoooothly with any comp and still have the extreme eye candy if you have a comp good enough.

Arbinn has 562 Posts

When no one was looking, Lex Luthor took FORTY cakes! He took 40 cakes. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.

pm.gif   

Old 05-17-2007

Canada protoswarrior
Lord of Psionics
 protoswarrior is a name known to allprotoswarrior is a name known to allprotoswarrior is a name known to allprotoswarrior is a name known to allprotoswarrior is a name known to allprotoswarrior is a name known to allprotoswarrior is a name known to allprotoswarrior is a name known to allprotoswarrior is a name known to allprotoswarrior is a name known to allprotoswarrior is a name known to all

Just imagine, did you know that SC could run on a 486 PC with 4Mb of RAM?

Hehe, I really am not worried about SC2 running on very high system requirements.
Our P3's should be able to handle it

protoswarrior has 4,613 Posts

protoswarrior IS BACK!

Lord Kieron recedes to the realm of Faerun...

RC is my God

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to protoswarrior  

Old 05-17-2007

Moldova CajunMan
Viva La Resistance!
 CajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than you

I ran Sc on a 8mb 1995 comp when I first bout it. I am not worried in the least even Medieval total war 2 only needs a 5200 graphics card to run. I'm sure SC2 will be fine.

CajunMan has 4,107 Posts

"Innocence proves nothing"

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to CajunMan Send a message via MSN to CajunMan Send a message via Yahoo to CajunMan 

Old 05-17-2007

New Zealand Shadowkiwi
aka Shadow_Deamon1
 Shadowkiwi doesn't suck

hmm fair points, now that i think of it they made WoW so that it dosnt need a top of the line computer which is good cause i like playing that (i was very surprised how few WoW players had played warcraft 3 or knew anything of the history)

pm.gif   

Old 05-17-2007

United States XBSHX
BF Member
 XBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kieron View Post
Just imagine, did you know that SC could run on a 486 PC with 4Mb of RAM?

Hehe, I really am not worried about SC2 running on very high system requirements.
Our P3's should be able to handle it
I highly doubt your P3 will be able to run it... you guys have to realize WoW came out 3 years ago... if you can run wow decently you'll probably only be able to run SC2 on low settings. Trust me... its not going to be a super advanced engine that requires the latest hardware to run... but its also not going to run on the same computer you use to run WC3 / WoW on medium to low settings.

XBSHX has 3,215 Posts

Zergling seagull sound NEEDS to go.

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to XBSHX  

Old 05-17-2007

BF Vet
 UED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightened

But for all we know, it could. Blizz has been very nice when it comes to system requirements in the past, and hopefully they will keep that in mind for SC2...

pm.gif   

Old 05-18-2007

United States XBSHX
BF Member
 XBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by UED Special Ops View Post
But for all we know, it could. Blizz has been very nice when it comes to system requirements in the past, and hopefully they will keep that in mind for SC2...
I'm sure they will but the game isn't going to run on the same computer you used to play starcraft when it came out.

XBSHX has 3,215 Posts

Zergling seagull sound NEEDS to go.

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to XBSHX  

Old 05-18-2007

BF Vet

I agree. However, I feel that if Blizz is smart, they will have it so that older comps(3-4+ years old) can run SC2 fine. Newer ones, will of course, be able to have high-res graphics.

pm.gif