Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 05-15-2007

Canada countchocula86
Chocolate God
 countchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of win
Default Balance

Been reading a few of the threads in the forum, and one thing that keeps coming up really really bugs me lol. So much so that I feel the need to vent.

It seems like anytime someone suggests a potential new addition for SC2, everyone comes down with the same response, and it goes something like this: "OMGWTFBBQ noooo it'll ruin the balance!!!!" And everytime I read that, I think to myself, when you add something to one side, and the balance shifts, you can always add something to the other side to bring the balance back. So of course no one is suggesting that only one race get some brand new ultra cool unit/weapon/whatever, and the other races stay the same, that would be silly. Adding to one group, means additions to another group. In short, I get the feeling that all you people want SC2 but don't want to see a single change because it won't be the same balance, and thats a little silly, n'est pas?

Phew that feels good. So in closing, give change a chance.

countchocula86 has 1,599 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-15-2007

Canada royalgigolo
BF Member
 royalgigolo was born to leadroyalgigolo was born to leadroyalgigolo was born to leadroyalgigolo was born to leadroyalgigolo was born to leadroyalgigolo was born to leadroyalgigolo was born to leadroyalgigolo was born to lead
Default Re: Balance

Yeah I agree!! Change is good! Just like the McNuggets at McDonalds!

pm.gif   

Old 05-15-2007

Afghanistan warrior6
With The Sons Of Korhal
 warrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to all

what i hate about these kinds of people is the fact that they dont realize that starcraft became balanced after a lot of patches

warrior6 has 1,421 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-15-2007

United States XBSHX
BF Member
 XBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior6 View Post
what i hate about these kinds of people is the fact that they dont realize that starcraft became balanced after a lot of patches
But before the patches it was one of the most balanced games to be released (at release)... the patches just "perfected" it.

XBSHX has 3,215 Posts

Zergling seagull sound NEEDS to go.

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to XBSHX  

Old 05-15-2007

United States SigmaEpsilon
Lurker
 SigmaEpsilon has a brilliant futureSigmaEpsilon has a brilliant futureSigmaEpsilon has a brilliant futureSigmaEpsilon has a brilliant futureSigmaEpsilon has a brilliant futureSigmaEpsilon has a brilliant futureSigmaEpsilon has a brilliant futureSigmaEpsilon has a brilliant futureSigmaEpsilon has a brilliant futureSigmaEpsilon has a brilliant futureSigmaEpsilon has a brilliant future

I'm a little confused... Everyone here wants SC2, yet they don't want anything to change. Then what's the point? I know several people have said they'd buy old SC with a new storyline, and that's fine. But Blizzard has had ten years to work on this project. I'm sure they can do better than re-releasing old SC. Yes, the balance in SC is excellent, do you doubt that Blizzard is able to add lots of new things and maintain the balance? They're the ones who made SC in the first place, and they can make a balanced game again. They've had plenty of time to work on it.

SigmaEpsilon has 230 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to SigmaEpsilon Send a message via Yahoo to SigmaEpsilon 

Old 05-15-2007

United States Bullet2head
The Hammer of Dawn
 Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigmaEpsilon View Post
I'm a little confused... Everyone here wants SC2, yet they don't want anything to change. Then what's the point? I know several people have said they'd buy old SC with a new storyline, and that's fine. But Blizzard has had ten years to work on this project. I'm sure they can do better than re-releasing old SC. Yes, the balance in SC is excellent, do you doubt that Blizzard is able to add lots of new things and maintain the balance? They're the ones who made SC in the first place, and they can make a balanced game again. They've had plenty of time to work on it.
We want it to be good, not nesicarily the same thing. Problem is, Sc is as good as you're going to get, so that's the way we want it.

Change isn't always good.

Bullet2head has 12,009 Posts

Thanks Bliss for the sig!
Spoiler (highlight to reveal text)
Haha you looked. Fag

pm.gif   

Old 05-15-2007

United States The Weird One
 The Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of win

Quote:
They have had ten years to work on it, yes. Does that mean they have been working on it for ten years? No. Little thing here potential does not equal success.

Some fanatics even crazier then Bullet 2 Head will make claims you can't do anything to SC to make it good. You can ignore them because it will be different inevitably. There's no possible way they will make the same game. We will time to time gain up on people who suggest something insane but it doesn't happen often.

The Weird One has 2,269 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-15-2007

Lurker
 SigmaEpsilon has a brilliant futureSigmaEpsilon has a brilliant futureSigmaEpsilon has a brilliant futureSigmaEpsilon has a brilliant futureSigmaEpsilon has a brilliant futureSigmaEpsilon has a brilliant futureSigmaEpsilon has a brilliant futureSigmaEpsilon has a brilliant futureSigmaEpsilon has a brilliant futureSigmaEpsilon has a brilliant futureSigmaEpsilon has a brilliant future

Change isn't always bad. I'm not suggesting a complete re-write or a massive overhaul of the game engine, but I'd at least like to see SOME changes... (better graphics, Hybrid/Xel'Naga race...)

Again, SC is great. But I think that after so many years of work SC2 can be better...

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to SigmaEpsilon Send a message via Yahoo to SigmaEpsilon 

Old 05-15-2007

The Hammer of Dawn
 Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!

Quote:
Change isn't always bad. I'm not suggesting a complete re-write or a massive overhaul of the game engine, but I'd at least like to see SOME changes... (better graphics, Hybrid/Xel'Naga race...)

Again, SC is great. But I think that after so many years of work SC2 can be better...
Sc is the closest thing to perfect you're gonna get, ever. There can't be anything better.

Haha you looked. Fag

pm.gif   

Old 05-15-2007

United States XBSHX
BF Member
 XBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to all

Quote:

when we say we would be fine with sc2 pretty much the same with the story line continued, we don't mean re-release starcraft with a new campaign (at least I don't). What we mean is we don't want the gameplay to get a drastic change. The gameplay now is what makes starcraft, starcraft. I am counting on a new good looking 3D engine, a new race, a bunch of new units for each race, some newer gameplay features that are in modern RTS games that starcraft doesn't have, and the storyline continued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet2head
Sc is the closest thing to perfect you're gonna get, ever. There can't be anything better.
then why exactly do you want a sequel?

XBSHX has 3,215 Posts

Old 05-15-2007

The Hammer of Dawn

Quote:
then why exactly do you want a sequel?
STORYLINE

How many times do I have to say it...

Haha you looked. Fag

pm.gif   

Old 05-15-2007

Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBSHX View Post
when we say we would be fine with sc2 pretty much the same with the story line continued, we don't mean re-release starcraft with a new campaign (at least I don't). What we mean is we don't want the gameplay to get a drastic change. The gameplay now is what makes starcraft, starcraft. I am counting on a new good looking 3D engine, a new race, a bunch of new units for each race, some newer gameplay features that are in modern RTS games that starcraft doesn't have, and the storyline continued.
THAT is the SC2 i'm waiting for!

Old 05-15-2007

The Hammer of Dawn

I will say it again, and I will use the big letters again.

THE MORE SHIT YOU PUT INTO A GAME LIKE SC, IT BECOMES MUCH HARDER TO BALANCE

A new race is a pain enough, but a slew of new units too? No.

Haha you looked. Fag

pm.gif   

Old 05-16-2007

Lurker

No need to yell... Yes, it's HARD to balance. Not impossible. They've been working on it for a long time. Blizzard balanced SC very well the first time. If they did well then, they can do well again this time. It'll be OK...

Old 05-16-2007

United States XBSHX
BF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet2head View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet2head View Post
I will say it again, and I will use the big letters again.

THE MORE SHIT YOU PUT INTO A GAME LIKE SC, IT BECOMES MUCH HARDER TO BALANCE

A new race is a pain enough, but a slew of new units too? No.
So basically all you want is an expansion pack to SC.... you're waiting for the wrong game then buddy.

XBSHX has 3,215 Posts